• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality for some Bleach Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ichibei the Soul King gave him the ability to name "everything" literally in Soul Society. [1], [2] By giving names the thing becomes what it is, examples. [3], [4], [5] According to this [6] the Soul Society had a tradition/rule for over a million years that Ichigo broke.

Gerard who is the physical manifestation of the Soul King, the "Heart". [7], [8] Mostly likely is that old.

Pernida who is one of the hands of the Soul King is a Quincy as well. [9], [10], [11]

The Soul King was Yhwach's father. [12]

The following characters have Immortality type 1:

Soul King, Gerard, Pernida, Mimihagi, Ichibei and Oetsu.

Bonus:

Yhwach lives longer as long as he absorbs souls. [13] Is this Immortality type 1?

I am unsure. Though, "million years" is likely an exaggeration. "Hyakuman" (þÖ¥õ©ç) does mean "one million" and yes this was stated in the manga and spoken verbally by Rukia in the anime (Japanese). However, Yamamoto is 2,000 years old, he was the most powerful captain in the Gotei 13 and that's why he has been captain commander for 1000 years. I find it hard to believe, that in one milliom years, no shinigami has ever been stronger than Genryusai Yamamoto. We can speculate all day about the possibility that the Shinigami profession didn't exist until the Gotei was first founded or whatever the case may be. Especially with Ichibei likely being, in my opinion, hundreds and thousands of years old. Could the Soul King be one million years old? Possibly, but it is just speculation. Yhwach living as long as he absorbs souls is parasitic immortality though, he'd have type 1 and 6.

Otherwise, I think some Bleach characters do have Type 1 immortality. The veteran captains should be only a bit younger than Yamamoto, so... 700-800 year old Kyoryaku? Hmm...again, speculation.

I also think that longevity seems far more likely.

We know there were head captains before Yamamoto. Thanks to what Yamamoto told Orihime about the okens information been pass down for generations. Yamamoto was the one that founded the Gotei 13. [1]

Yes, longevity.

@Applelord I know this. But the term "generation" means little to nothing. Firstly, a generation is roughly 25 years (but it depends on when a parent had their first child and all that jazz). Also, these generations of captain commanders most likely does not a million years. Souls reincarnate into humans and humans reincarnate into souls. It is nothing but speculation to assume the line of commanders has been around 1,000 sen when the human race has most likely have not. The Soul King maybe, but even still it's only an assumption.

We also need to kindly realize that Bleach is full of inconsistencies.

I'm not saying they're million of years old. In fact I never brought them up for that reason this willl be off topic. We're not here to talk about the senior captains which includes Yamamoto when compare to Ichibei or Oetsu. Shunsui was a teen-ager when Yamamoto was young.

Inconsistent? That's a word with a lot of weight which alone amongs to nothing.

No, it isn't. Bleach has inconsistencies because the story was rushed. That's a fact, if you've read the series you would know. Regardless, longevity is fine for the characters.

What do Inconsistencies have to do with this? Everyone knows Bleach has inconsistencies, what point were you making? If you approved longevity.

This seems to be going nowhere so i'll be closing this before it starts to get out of hand.

Note: Considering that Shinigami's seem to age and get old i think longevity is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back