• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed sailor moon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, sailor moon has never shown infinite speed or immeasurable speed in combat, and her feats are pretty flimsy and vague. And then, this explanation came.

Q. Immeasurable or Infinite Speed for Galaxia

Sailor Moon: Act 60 Sailor Moon: Act 59

Now if you’re wondering why it seems this doesn’t line up right in this translation, it’s because they never said it. Chaos’s core is the Chaos Seed and was never able to become a star like say any of the Sailor Guardians. It simply stayed in the Cauldron and had their evil doppelgangers (all of the major villains in Sailor Moon) do the heavy lifting for it. I had spent a near half hour trying to find the statement that it was indeed existing before time had been created, but by the by, it doesn’t exist in this translation.

Even if Chaos did exist before time was a construct, it’s not like time itself didn’t exist. Multiple timelines are present within Sailor Moon as is. Something that even Chaos is affected by, given that Sailor Cosmos had her own Chaos she’s dealing with in her native timeline. Not to mention that the entity Chaos itself never really ventured much outside the Cauldron until the very last chapters of the manga. It’d be like saying gravity didn’t exist before Newton discovered it.

For Sailor Cosmos, the methodology she utilized isn’t extrapolated much. All we know is that she ran away from her own timeline and disguised herself as Chibichibi. It’s never stated if she used the space-time corridor or not. But let’s say she didn’t use it for arguments sake. That’d be more applicable to an ability not a speed feat. If anything, it’s better to say her abilities are able to affect the far reaches of time. After all, Wiseman, Chibiusa, and Galaxia have all shown the ability to do this to some extent. More acausality hax if anything.

You could make a very flimsy argument for Lambda Sailor Moon to be that fast, but for Galaxia, absolutely not. Not only was she completely caught off guard when Chaos attacked her, but she was also knocked out when Sailor Moon blocked an attack from it. And literally pages after that, she died.

Because it came up, I’ll address this real fast. (Edit as of 3:40PM, August 9th 2020). First of all, like I said in the introduction, this is really down to a difference in translation. Here’s the equivalent in the translation I reference. Notice the lack of mention of the fourth dimension or anything involving “timeless.” I didn’t use these scanlations of the international comics because it wildly changes many statements. You can get a number of different stats this way. But let’s address this as it should.

The Time Door / Space-Time Corridor is a space that exists within the dimension of time (i.e. the fourth dimension if you compare to our own understanding of time). However, there is a safe roadway to traversing the area, and thus it requires a “key” or a guide like Pluto to navigate it. In the scan, you need a key to calculate your location. It’s very possible that those safe spots are still bound by time but it acts as pathways to other time periods since time periods are represented through doorways not the actual paths. Since the dimension still has a location in the 3D plane, naturally leaving the safe spots (the dimension of time) might literally put you at any portion of the physical universe. By the way, Neo Queen Serenity asked Pluto to guard the door and placed a taboo on her to not affect time itself. It’s likely she just knew the safe pathways to the other doors, not the fact she can just infinitely move through time. That'd be a bit too headcanon.

This is what happened to both Chibiusa and Mamoru. Without a key, they were traversing the space-time storms in the normal three-dimension aimlessly (and are thus not travelling through time or a void, otherwise the “universe light feat” becomes null and void since it would not travel any distance to get to Wiseman). It’s like they lost their GPS and went off the road. Nothing to really consider infinite speeds and is still wildly inconsistent with known speed feats.

Finally moving in a “timeless” void generally is not considered infinite speed anyway. Many realms in fiction like this do not actually inhibit movement in the same way as say “a time stop”.

What is your opinion?

It is probably best if we wait for Karin Shaku to come here. They seem to currently gradually apply a Sailor Moon revision that we accepted quite long ago.

If you wish, I can ask some staff members to comment here as well though, but there is a big chance that they won't be very familiar with the verse in question.

It is probably best if we wait for Karin Shaku to come here. They seem to currently gradually apply a Sailor Moon revision that we accepted quite long ago.

If you wish, I can ask some staff members to comment here as well though, but there is a big chance that they won't be very familiar with the verse in question.
BTW can you please link the thread where immeasurable speed sailor moon was accepted? Also yes, i think asking some staff members who is neutral to the verse would be nice.

So, sorry I didn't really pay attention to your long sentence, what exactly are you trying to convey?
1.Sailor moon does not have any actual infinite/immeasurable speed feat. She has never actually down doing things like crossing infinite distance in 0 second or having her attacks land on target before she performs them.
2.The reasoning for immeasurable or infinite speed sailor moon is really vague and headcanonish .

I see... that's why I'm almost a little confused, I thought you wanted to make a speed revision for Sailor Moon, it turned out to be a disagreement.
Forgive me

BTW can you please link the thread where immeasurable speed sailor moon was accepted? Also yes, i think asking some staff members who is neutral to the verse would be nice.
I do not remember anymore. My apologies.

The deathbattle blog for sailor moon is filled to the brim with missinformation, fallacies, out dated scans, and just bad logic. It should not be used for anything.

1.Sailor moon does not have any actual infinite/immeasurable speed feat. She has never actually down doing things like crossing infinite distance in 0 second or having her attacks land on target before she performs them.
2.The reasoning for immeasurable or infinite speed sailor moon is really vague and headcanonish .

The Corridor of the Space-time door has no flow of time and has no concept of distance or direction, Sailor Moon was able to light up in the second arc, as well the all of space and time which is infinite. This is where her a infinite speed feat comes from. It is as straight forward as it gets.

The immeasurable speed comes from long before the immeasurable speed changes, so I don't know if it still stands but, it was based on Sailor Cosmos and Lambda power. Sailor Cosmos is able to move through time and move others through time on mere whims without using the spacetime door OR spacetime rifts OR spacetime distortions, all the established methods of time travel. This is further cemented by the fact that Sailor Pluto had no awareness of Sailor Cosmos moving through time despite knowing whenever someone is traveling through time or space or dimensions. (she was even able to confirm that no being traveled to their universe from any the unknowable amount of alternate dimensions and there was no spacetime disruptions). It also comes from Chaos being fused with the Galaxy Cauldron which sits outside the flow of time causality and existing before time. The only characters with immeasurable speed are Sailor Cosmos, Lambda Sailor Moon, and Chaos.

Thank you for helping out, Iamunanimousinthat. Are you The_Causality with a new account?

Anyway, would you be willing to add yourself to the members list in the Sailor Moon verse page, so I remember to call for you in future Sailor Moon discussions?

The deathbattle blog for sailor moon is filled to the brim with missinformation, fallacies, out dated scans, and just bad logic. It should not be used for anything.

The Corridor of the Space-time door has no flow of time and has no concept of distance or direction, Sailor Moon was able to light up in the second arc, as well the all of space and time which is infinite. This is where her a infinite speed feat comes from. It is as straight forward as it gets.

The immeasurable speed comes from long before the immeasurable speed changes, so I don't know if it still stands but, it was based on Sailor Cosmos and Lambda power. Sailor Cosmos is able to move through time and move others through time on mere whims without using the spacetime door OR spacetime rifts OR spacetime distortions, all the established methods of time travel. This is further cemented by the fact that Sailor Pluto had no awareness of Sailor Cosmos moving through time despite knowing whenever someone is traveling through time or space or dimensions. (she was even able to confirm that no being traveled to their universe from any the unknowable amount of alternate dimensions and there was no spacetime disruptions). It also comes from Chaos being fused with the Galaxy Cauldron which sits outside the flow of time causality and existing before time. The only characters with immeasurable speed are Sailor Cosmos, Lambda Sailor Moon, and Chaos.
Scan??

What do you mean "outdated scans?" If it is outdated, why don't you show the latest scans then?
Scan for space and time being infinite?

The blog pretty much debunks this explanation. First of all, please show the scans. Secondly, sailor pluto having no awareness could also be just sailor cosmos using presence concealment , or simply a form of time travel as sailor cosmos has pluto's powers as well, and pretty sure existing outside of time is not even infinite speed.

Timeless Voids, i.e. areas within a setting that lack time or exist outside of the flow of time, cannot be used to grant Infinite speed. One might be tempted to apply Speed = Distance/Time and say that time equals 0 in this situation, thus moving through this type of void should result in Infinite speed. However, in a Timeless Void, time does not exist, making Time = Not Applicable.

So in short, Time = Nonexistent or Not Applicable and Distance/Time = Undefined and cannot be determined under these conditions.

The reasoning you used is extremely vague .Thirdly, the method cosmos used to move others across time is plain time based BFR which isn't immeasurable speed.

So i ask, why would such a vague feat qualify sailor cosmos for immeasurable speed despite such levels of speed like never seen in sailor moon at all?
Anyway, i will wait for the mods.

Last edited:
Scan for space and time being infinite?

the blog pretty much debunks this explanation. First of all, the scans. Secondly, sailor pluto having no awareness could also be just sailor cosmos using presence concealment , or simply a form of time travel, and pretty sure existing outside of time is not even infinite speed. The reasoning you used is extremely vague .Thirdly, the method cosmos used to move others across time is plain BFR which isn't immeasurable speed.

If you want to come up with the headcanon that she used presence concealment then go ahead. It is just as likely that the most powerful being in the verse doesn't need to follow the standard rules of time travel.

Like I said, this was decided long before the immeasurable speed changed. Sailor Cosmos travelled through time without accessing the timespace door or causing a disruption in spacetime and can send others through the same method. If that no longer fits, then remove it.

But since this is a revision thread, I would also ask that "does attacking someone backwards through time" count as immeasurable attack speed? Since death phantom did that.

But since this is a revision thread, I would also ask that "does attacking someone backwards through time" count as immeasurable attack speed? Since death phantom did that.
I mean, did death phantom did that by sheer speed alone or by some time hax?
Also since we are discussing infinite speed as well, i have a question, the infinite speed feat should fall into attack speed right? does sailor moon's combat speed also scales to it?

Tbh, i don't know. And I don't know how anyone could tell the difference unless the story specifically told the reader like in the those narrator boxes comic books have.

Also since we are discussing infinite speed as well, i have a question, the infinite speed feat should fall into attack speed right? does sailor moon's combat speed also scales to it?
Its her attack speed and reactions, everyone scales via reaction speed.

I believe reaction speeds comes under combat speed.
Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.
Take that as you will, i guess.

I personally find keeping reactions separated from combat speed to be illogical and outdated.

I personally find keeping reactions separated from combat speed to be illogical and outdated.
I mean, pretty sure if you see a person firing a huge beam of light from the crystal does not automatically make you as fast as the beam of light. I could be wrong though since it has been a while since i read sailor moon.

It is somehow only apply for combat speed. If you somehow travel with immeasurable speed it automatically scale to combat speed
But no sailor senshi moved infinitely fast. As far as i remember, they watched as moon fired off something that lit up time and space. After that they never did anything that implies infinite speed.
And this feat probably happened way after that space time lighting speed albit hotaru did it in base.
And then this speed feat.

Also would that not mean literally everyone that is high 3-A would have infinite attack speed because their attack can destroy an infinite space?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back