• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Speed AWLBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh... is this immeasurable speed? I don't see how it's textbook.

Maybe I'm just too spoiled by Shield Hero immeasurable feats to see this as immeasurable though lol.
But to comment some things I already said regarding immeasurable and why I don't think this qualifies... I said this regarding Shinra being immeasurable.
Like; to begin with, true immeasurable speed wouldn't have a limit on the time travel aspect. He would go forward or backward in time as far as he wanted via pure speed; which isn't the case according to the profile.

It also has to be portrayed very consistently and have no contradictions or alternate explanations (i.e. surpassing light speed)
This is not me just giving my opinion, this is on the speed page itself.

Being able to casually roam around freely across linear time qualifies for immeasurable speed. However, traveling to different time periods through movement is a common feat in fiction that often leads to inconsistencies and has been done via FTL travel or running laps around the earth faster than it rotates. This can lead to characters being assigned an additional, independent, speed rating for the ability. This should preferably be evaluated case by case.
The difference between infinite and immeasurable is that the former can go everywhere in zero time, whereas the latter can go everywhere and everywhen faster than in zero time.
They have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right.
So two problems with the statement is the light speed thing and the travel being limited in scope as far as the statement itself goes. Or rather, the quote provides no proof they can go forward and backward all throughout time via speed.

So no, I don't think this is textbook immeasurable.

As in, this feat is treated differently than the other ones where they are clearly fighting at speeds way faster than light. And when they say textbook, they mean attacks happening before the action, like cause and effect were reversed, which if done through speed is also Immeasurable. Which she did there, where the combat speed comes from

It's not like the verse has it so anyone does that by moving faster than lightspeed, certain verses do treat it that way yes

As in, this feat is treated differently than the other ones where they are clearly fighting at speeds way faster than light.
The other feats aren't what's being discussed. This one, where surpassing the speed of light is mentioned, is what's being discussed.

And when they say textbook, they mean attacks happening before the action, like cause and effect were reversed, which if done through speed is also Immeasurable. Which she did there, where the combat speed comes from
Believe it or not; this, by itself, is not actually an immeasurable feat.

The point of bringing up other feats is because they are also about moving in combat faster than light but it's not treated the same as what Ruphas pulled there. This is the only point it's described like this

And from what I've read, yeah it would be immeasurable combat speed.

Eh... is this immeasurable speed? I don't see how it's textbook.

Maybe I'm just too spoiled by Shield Hero immeasurable feats to see this as immeasurable though lol.
But to comment some things I already said regarding immeasurable and why I don't think this qualifies... I said this regarding Shinra being immeasurable.

This is not me just giving my opinion, this is on the speed page itself.

So two problems with the statement is the light speed thing and the travel being limited in scope as far as the statement itself goes. Or rather, the quote provides no proof they can go forward and backward all throughout time via speed.

So no, I don't think this is textbook immeasurable.
"They can dodge an attack that already has been struck, and they can strike someone even before they launched an attack. And they can do all of this via sheer speed."

Um

And from what I've read, yeah it would be immeasurable combat speed.
"They can dodge an attack that already has been struck, and they can strike someone even before they launched an attack. And they can do all of this via sheer speed."

Um

Did you guys read my post on what the speed page says immeasurable speed is?
It's not just unspecified time travel via speed, it's being able to easily travel throughout an entire timeline with 0 effort.

If there's not a statement about them traveling all throughout time it shouldn't be considered immeasurable.

What I quoted is also from the speed page, though.

Time travel via speed is just one of the requirements, not the only one I'm pretty sure.

The thing I quoted is enough imo. Two admins also agreed.
Hmm...

If this is accepted, I'm gonna bring up these Immeasurable/speed page stuffs in a another thread. It being accepted kinda contradicts that whole paragraph lol. Why even have the all throughout time stuff if localized time travel is also a viable way to reach immeasurable?

Hmm...

If this is accepted, I'm gonna bring up these Immeasurable/speed page stuffs in a another thread. It being accepted kinda contradicts that whole paragraph lol. Why even have the all throughout time stuff if localized time travel is also a viable way to reach immeasurable?
Fine by me ayy

technically it's already accepted and can be applied tho

I mean, moving to the point you mess with causality due to it's extra temporal nature, and have things like the impact before the motion as a result is something Immeasurable speed does. Unless verse treats physics and stuff as "going faster than light automatically creates shenanigans and messes with stuff". Which this one doesn't

But it's 5 am for me so I probably won't apply it till I commit waking up. Unless like celes does it

I mean, moving to the point you mess with causality due to it's extra temporal nature, and have things like the impact before the motion as a result is something Immeasurable speed does. Unless verse treats physics and stuff as "going faster than light automatically creates shenanigans and messes with stuff". Which this one doesn't

But it's 5 am for me so I probably won't apply it till I commit waking up. Unless like celes does it
Have you applied the changes?

It seems that I was still half asleep at that time
1079613556309377094.png
Just my like my banner pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back