• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Image Helper Discussion Thread Category Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
I've been wondering why this was never even a thing on this wiki besides the Image Renders requests, but anyways, this could act like a workshop for Image Helpers and discuss Image rendering projects, this can also help people find out if they're not rendering the image properly or the render isn't in very good quality which would depend on the kind of software that they're using to render images. Regular members should only comment if they provide information that is relevant enough to be helpful to their projects.

Stuff like this can already be discussed in Image Renders requests, tbh, though I'm not wholly against this thread.

I'm not wholly opposed either.
One one hand: yes, you could just discuss this privately or in the renders request thread.
On the other hand: the renders request thread gets cluttered very easily, which naturally subtracts from the visibility of requests.

In addition the wiki management category is starting to become cluttered, and its name may turn away new users who think it's a category only for technical things. If we moved the board into this proposed category I do think more people would realize that it's there and an option for them to use.

This would also allow people to organize larger projects, as you've said. I know from experience that sometimes entire verse pages need new images, for example.

Whether or not this is enough purpose to justify an entire category I'm skeptical about, but you can consider me neutral.

Stuff like this can already be discussed in Image Renders requests, tbh, though I'm not wholly against this thread.
But then again, it would mostly get in the way or derail that people would need to get their Image rendered just like FinePoint pointed out pun kinda intended

I have already started a private discussion thread for all of the image helpers to use for collaboration. Isn't that enough?

I could start yet another official wiki management forum thread if they wish though.

I have already started a private discussion thread for all of the image helpers to use for collaboration. Isn't that enough?

I could start yet another official wiki management forum thread if they wish though.
I see, may I tag along in that private discussion?

That sort of undermines the concept of a "private" discussion.
Maybe I should just make that Google document I was talking about.

I think the idea could also be done with a wiki page that volunteers edit to add requests to, whether they plan on doing it immediately or not, and remove them with a note when they start working on them.

This would fix the clutter problem and all the times requests are forgotten about.

So the private conversation thread is sufficient for the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back