• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm leaving lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup, it's a me. I don't know whether anyone even seen me but i really don't care.
Usually people would go into sophisticated rants about how there are issues irl and about the issues in this community/they wouldn't say anything. I was also planning to just go "LMAOO BYEEE" but i might as well take the chance to rant a bit and thank the lads who i befriended here.

Someone might think that maybe some recent events might have influenced me to leave... No I've been planning to get outta here for a while, weeks, month, more, idk. The reason being
Not giving enough of a shit.

I do not see the point in versus debating no more. If you really think about it is ruining our own selves with constant arguments about what number should a character have on their page and what ability that they use fits this one description better. It's dumb. I admire the dedication behind vsbw but really, we're wasting precious time playing around with this stuff whilst we aren't even getting any pleasure out of it, not me at least. I am asking a rethorical question but, to the ones who are older than me on the wiki and irl, why? What's the actual point? It is just constant arguing and ruining interactions in between people who otherwise could have been friends. Of course you can meet people here and i did meet some good people i wanna keep in touch with but that means jack shit when in this next thread you're gonna argue with someone for days about what character has a more ridiculous degree of [insert whatever ability you have here] and end up never wanting to see them anywhere in a debate or CRT again. I mean that's what you get when you build a community around arguing. I see no joy in this and when something doesn't give you any wealth, any great amount of connections, joy, pleasure... What's the point of doing it? 10 years pass and this place could easily get forgotten.

There's this one diss track against the Paul brothers that says "let's take a minute to talk about your mother" Well i will take a minute to talk about standards.
I feel like some standards on this site are either unnecessarily strict or are overly lax in places where they should be stricter and clearer but who cares really. I feel like all tiers from low 2-C and above are just a bunch of mixed up, messed up contradictory to each other assumptions losely tied together by a thin layer of mathematical theories. Heck, the only person who'd know that their character would end up in their assigned tier is probably suggs. Don't agree with me? Don't care. Moving on.
I feel like at this point the wiki turned from "which character is stronger" to "What verse has the most active supporters" as the less supporters there are the least CRTs go through. But really that's besides the point it was always kinda like that it just became more apparent now.
I'll address my biggest issue. The attitude. BOY do i have sth to say about that. Screw y'alls attitude. You are debating whether or not can Spongebob destroy a galaxy why th are you tryna act more sophisticated than a freaking Attorney? This is something that just added up upon the distaste for the pointless time consumption that debating is. It feels like we're some professional company when we're just a bunch of random people debating whether a hedgehog can 1v1 a big dinosaur. I don't care whether or not you like my opinion or not but this is my good bye message and i get to chose the controversial topic. A bunch of people who have any bit of power have been acting like they're the aristocracy or something, talking down to you and acting like you're lower than them despite the fact that they could be potentially some 250 pound dude sitting in their mom's basement eating nachos. If you act that way then please go touch some grass. this isn't the court or a bank, this is a wiki where we argue that Johnny test could drop Wario's ass. Oh and don't forget about newbies getting less attention to their points, i never really got much attention til i reached 3k messages. It's a weird and aimless, just have some fun cause vs debating sure as heck isn't giving you any of that (unless you're into BDSM).

'Course another reason why I'm leaving is that real life exists and exam preparations exist and "trying to have some fun elsewhere without thinking about some weird ass CRT" exists. I got a life, i got an education and i got severe sleep deprivation, damn fun innit.

Overall: yeah no, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Now for the good part.
Time to say bye to the people i got to know here.
Less go.
@Apex_PredatorX idk why I'm even adding you here we talk in discord mainly so there's no point in saying goodbye but still, you ain't gonna see me debating any time soon again. Still, i am happy i met someone who's also crazy about Godzilla.

@ProfessorKukui4Life my dude I admire your dedication and knowledge but you gotta chill.

@Shizuka 👍🏻

@Peptocoptr27 good luck with the pink blob man, you're awesome.

@Enryu_The_Red_Tower @ElajRuengies @ImNot4nUser i am glad i could freely talk to you about ToG and have fun. Thank you for actually having emotions lmao.

@Imaginym you've my discord, let's talk about pokemon sometime. I should have gotten to know you better. Sorry that i didn't finish the tournament. You can take it over if you wanna.

@DragonGamerZ913 my dude i had fun talking to you. Help Gyro out ok?

@StrymULTRA you're kinda cool but you gotta chill

@GyroNutz i am sorry for doing this and asking you to deal with the rest of the upgrades. I was feeling restricted by my own thread and i was craving making this little announcement so i can be free. Please ask people to help you.

@Yar_R_agi_7k you're cool.

@DaReaperMan you are one of the few people who actually tried to help bring life into this place, thanks. You gotta do sth bout that 8th grade syndrome doe

@Eficiente i like your dedication to the Kirbyverse but you really need to stop making people angry. Please try to have some fun, it is what kirby is about ain't it?

@Gohanblanco217 you're also cool.

And last but not least,

@Antvasima my dude, i respect you and you are the guy behind all of the wiki but i feel like you need to express your own opinion more. I see you always agreeing with some other opinion but how about you give more of your opinion as well? Would be fun wouldn't it?

Alright that's all for the goodbyes.
TL;DR for the lazy asses - i feel like vs debating is a fun sucking black hole and thus I'm leaving.

I know not many if not anyone would comment on this thread but if someone tries to start an argument then they should be automatically considered to be obsessed with yiff.

Thanks to all the people who were fun to talk to and good bye.

My discord is Wigglytuff#7267 hmu
Don't talk about vsdebating to me there though.

Only call me if someone gets pokemon into tier 1 and the thread gets accepted or someone upgrades kirby anywhere past 3-C (and it gets accepted).

One last thing to say
ahem

LMAOOO BYEEE

Well, speaking personally, I don't care about versus debating. I just like lots of different fictions, along with indexing statistics as accurately as possible, and think that transcendental spirituality and metaphysics are useful tools for breaking people out of their mental shackles, to just think "I AM" and working from that instead of setting lots of spiritually limiting labels on themselves. So I am trying to do my part of getting the public at large interested in that sort of thing. Mainly, I just don't have anything better to do though, and it is nice to have managed to help build something very popular here.

Also, I don't often express an informed opinion because I am kept so busy that I do not have the time to form one due to trying to keep so many different discussions organised at the same time and also handling lots of edit-patrolling work every day. It is better to leave that part to people who are more likely to know what they are talking about.

Anyway, goodbye and take care then. I am sorry that you feel that way, but think that this place has largely been friendly and respectful for an Internet forum, and made many people happier.

In addition, if I have largely been the quantity over quality guy in building the wiki, DontTalk has been the quality over quantity guy. We wouldn't have almost any systems to lean upon without his constantly reliable dedication over the years.

Last edited:
I've appreciated seeing you around and reading your posts, it's unfortunate you felt that way.

I don't share your thoughts on some of the stuff you mentioned in the op, but you're right to say that if this place and hobby makes you unhappy, then it's time to move on.

Best wishes.

Your disillusionment is disheartening, but understandable. It's always been nice having you around, & I can sincerely say I'll miss you, & it'll be nice if you ever come back.
For what it's worth, since you asked why people enjoy it: Personally, I enjoy Vs Debating, or rather, the indexing & analysis processes. The debates themselves can be a bit strenuous.

Farewell, & best wishes.

Stay chill my guy.

I personally don't think this is a waste of time, since I have fun when I'm versus debating. In my opinion, if your having fun then you aren't really wasting your time, as long as it makes you happy. I respect your opinion though. Also, I'll have as much attitude as I want. Can't stop me.

Have a good life.

@GyroNutz i am sorry for doing this and asking you to deal with the rest of the upgrades. I was feeling restricted by my own thread and i was craving making this little announcement so i can be free. Please ask people to help you.
No worries lol, I'll make sure it all gets sorted. Your reasons for wanting to leave trump updating hundreds of vs battling profiles for fictional characters. Take care man.

Goodbye! Tho I don't know much about you based on everyone response you seemed to be pretty chill.

Lmao, I remember back when I was a Lurker my little bitch ass didn't use to like you simply because you disagreed with Megumin being upgraded to 7-A (Mountain Level).

So I guess I kinda proved your point.

Stay Safe!

This is why i just, make my own stats in a blog or whatever now and dont really care to debate any of it much. Debating can either push your mind for the better or worse which, can just add volatility to an already volatile mindset in my case. Not that i entirely regret doing it. But ultimately power scalings kinda pointless and annoying when youre thinking about it trynna enjoy a series and vs debating communities ****** generally and i agree with just about errything said in the op. Hope things go well for ya!

You are debating whether or not can Spongebob destroy a galaxy why th are you tryna act more sophisticated than a freaking Attorney? This is something that just added up upon the distaste for the pointless time consumption that debating is. It feels like we're some professional company when we're just a bunch of random people debating whether a hedgehog can 1v1 a big dinosaur.
It is true tho lol

Asides from that, most of your points I can somewhat agree on to agreeing alot.

Goodbye man, you really are pretty dope from what I've seen of you on threads. I can understand your feelings on vsdebating, and I somewhat share them. I personally am more inclined to indexing and just learning more about the verse itself, but I get why you'd like to leave. Anyway, I hope you have a good life, so best of luck for that ig.

Sup, it's a me. I don't know whether anyone even seen me but i really don't care.
Usually people would go into sophisticated rants about how there are issues irl and about the issues in this community/they wouldn't say anything. I was also planning to just go "LMAOO BYEEE" but i might as well take the chance to rant a bit and thank the lads who i befriended here.

Someone might think that maybe some recent events might have influenced me to leave... No I've been planning to get outta here for a while, weeks, month, more, idk. The reason being
Not giving enough of a shit.

I do not see the point in versus debating no more. If you really think about it is ruining our own selves with constant arguments about what number should a character have on their page and what ability that they use fits this one description better. It's dumb. I admire the dedication behind vsbw but really, we're wasting precious time playing around with this stuff whilst we aren't even getting any pleasure out of it, not me at least. I am asking a rethorical question but, to the ones who are older than me on the wiki and irl, why? What's the actual point? It is just constant arguing and ruining interactions in between people who otherwise could have been friends. Of course you can meet people here and i did meet some good people i wanna keep in touch with but that means jack shit when in this next thread you're gonna argue with someone for days about what character has a more ridiculous degree of [insert whatever ability you have here] and end up never wanting to see them anywhere in a debate or CRT again. I mean that's what you get when you build a community around arguing. I see no joy in this and when something doesn't give you any wealth, any great amount of connections, joy, pleasure... What's the point of doing it? 10 years pass and this place could easily get forgotten.

There's this one diss track against the Paul brothers that says "let's take a minute to talk about your mother" Well i will take a minute to talk about standards.
I feel like some standards on this site are either unnecessarily strict or are overly lax in places where they should be stricter and clearer but who cares really. I feel like all tiers from low 2-C and above are just a bunch of mixed up, messed up contradictory to each other assumptions losely tied together by a thin layer of mathematical theories. Heck, the only person who'd know that their character would end up in their assigned tier is probably suggs. Don't agree with me? Don't care. Moving on.
I feel like at this point the wiki turned from "which character is stronger" to "What verse has the most active supporters" as the less supporters there are the least CRTs go through. But really that's besides the point it was always kinda like that it just became more apparent now.
I'll address my biggest issue. The attitude. BOY do i have sth to say about that. Screw y'alls attitude. You are debating whether or not can Spongebob destroy a galaxy why th are you tryna act more sophisticated than a freaking Attorney? This is something that just added up upon the distaste for the pointless time consumption that debating is. It feels like we're some professional company when we're just a bunch of random people debating whether a hedgehog can 1v1 a big dinosaur. I don't care whether or not you like my opinion or not but this is my good bye message and i get to chose the controversial topic. A bunch of people who have any bit of power have been acting like they're the aristocracy or something, talking down to you and acting like you're lower than them despite the fact that they could be potentially some 250 pound dude sitting in their mom's basement eating nachos. If you act that way then please go touch some grass. this isn't the court or a bank, this is a wiki where we argue that Johnny test could drop Wario's ass. Oh and don't forget about newbies getting less attention to their points, i never really got much attention til i reached 3k messages. It's a weird and aimless, just have some fun cause vs debating sure as heck isn't giving you any of that (unless you're into BDSM).

'Course another reason why I'm leaving is that real life exists and exam preparations exist and "trying to have some fun elsewhere without thinking about some weird ass CRT" exists. I got a life, i got an education and i got severe sleep deprivation, damn fun innit.

Overall: yeah no, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Now for the good part.
Time to say bye to the people i got to know here.
Less go.
@Apex_PredatorX idk why I'm even adding you here we talk in discord mainly so there's no point in saying goodbye but still, you ain't gonna see me debating any time soon again. Still, i am happy i met someone who's also crazy about Godzilla.

@ProfessorKukui4Life my dude I admire your dedication and knowledge but you gotta chill.

@Shizuka 👍🏻

@Peptocoptr27 good luck with the pink blob man, you're awesome.

@Enryu_The_Red_Tower @ElajRuengies @ImNot4nUser i am glad i could freely talk to you about ToG and have fun. Thank you for actually having emotions lmao.

@Imaginym you've my discord, let's talk about pokemon sometime. I should have gotten to know you better. Sorry that i didn't finish the tournament. You can take it over if you wanna.

@DragonGamerZ913 my dude i had fun talking to you. Help Gyro out ok?

@StrymULTRA you're kinda cool but you gotta chill

@Yar_R_agi_7k you're cool.

@DaReaperMan you are one of the few people who actually tried to help bring life into this place, thanks. You gotta do sth bout that 8th grade syndrome doe

@Eficiente i like your dedication to the Kirbyverse but you really need to stop making people angry. Please try to have some fun, it is what kirby is about ain't it?

@Gohanblanco217 you're also cool.

And last but not least,

@Antvasima my dude, i respect you and you are the guy behind all of the wiki but i feel like you need to express your own opinion more. I see you always agreeing with some other opinion but how about you give more of your opinion as well? Would be fun wouldn't it?

Alright that's all for the goodbyes.
TL;DR for the lazy asses - i feel like vs debating is a fun sucking black hole and thus I'm leaving.

I know not many if not anyone would comment on this thread but if someone tries to start an argument then they should be automatically considered to be obsessed with yiff.

Thanks to all the people who were fun to talk to and good bye.

My discord is Wigglytuff#7267 hmu
Don't talk about vsdebating to me there though.

Only call me if someone gets pokemon into tier 1 and the thread gets accepted or someone upgrades kirby anywhere past 3-C (and it gets accepted).

One last thing to say
ahem

LMAOOO BYEEE
wow not even me.

anyway bye

good luck

I am asking a rethorical question but, to the ones who are older than me on the wiki and irl, why? What's the actual point? It is just constant arguing and ruining interactions in between people who otherwise could have been friends.
I mean I don't think most people have a hitlist for anyone who ever disagreed with them on a thread, debating something as trivial as character stats is inoffensive and if you like debates (they DO have clubs for this in every school ever), fun. I'd consider myself friends with most Marvel supporters despite every one of them having takes I disagree with.

Like you can ask it rhetorically, but the answer should just be self-evident lol, debating alone is a very common hobby.

You can be not into it, yes, but that's more of a you thing, no?

Anyways take care and hope you find something to better suit your pass time.

I mean I don't think most people have a hitlist for anyone who ever disagreed with them on a thread, debating something as trivial as character stats is inoffensive and if you like debates (they DO have clubs for this in every school ever), fun. I'd consider myself friends with most Marvel supporters despite every one of them having takes I disagree with.

Like you can ask it rhetorically, but the answer should just be self-evident lol, debating alone is a very common hobby.

You can be not into it, yes, but that's more of a you thing, no?

Anyways take care and hope you find something to better suit your pass time.
Debating is a never ending hobby.... you can spend years debating and just that, sometimes there is no real profit from that.

I mean I don't think most people have a hitlist for anyone who ever disagreed with them on a thread,
7552029e0ad218592c4f1ce6294af419.gif

Never disrespect monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back