• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm learning how to DRIVE!!!!

LOL!! OMG! Had to take a break, scared my dad a little because I hit the gas a little to hard and I almost backed up into his truck.

Who here knows how to drive and what was it like the first time you tried it?.

Oh shit dude, you're lucky you didn't mess his car. xD

I do. Not with a license, but i'm gonna be trying to get one soon by next month. It was a little crazy at first but that was due to riding a big van (A GMC Denalli, to be specific) that i had a hard time learning how to drive.

Then my mom got me a Honda Cevic and thus, i got a lot better to driving. Still gotta learn how to park, let alone learn to parallel park. But i'll get there shortly.

It was calming, sure touching the gas freaks you out, but then you get used to it, eventually you get the basic idea, it's driving on the street with other cars that worries you, I myself have yet to drive on a highway

I actually drove on a highway like 7 times or so now. The only thing i have to be concerned for is actually worrying on how close somebody is next to me whenever i attempt to go to another lane.

I'm driving my dad's other truck (F-150)(XLT 5.4 Triton). I'm just taking it one step at a time but I'm nervous as hell behind that wheel but I'm gonna get the hang if it eventually.

As long as you get the hang of it and know what you're doing, you'll be fine.

Another problem or two i have is that i'm wearing my new shoes that feel like some extra padding is put at the bottom of it (making me be careful as the slightest pinch on the petal can give it some gas to my car). And second being my mom...there's a lot to this one that i'm sure you understand it well enough if you give it enough thought.

Yeah, I'm always thinking ahead about driving next to others on the highway and on the streets but I really do need to focus on right now, I still gotta ways to go before I'm ready to get my license.

Yeah, for the most part driving is being careful of the ohers around you because sometimes, they don't care about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WqYMCqUAv8

But congrats! Knowing how to drive is a very important aspect of life and a huge step forward in becoming an independent person.

Driving can also be extremely dangerous for both yourself and those around you though. So you should take the process very seriously. And never allow yourself to get distracted by things like drinking or texting while you are driving.

Best of luck and I hope you'll get to enjoy a new license soon :)

I've just finished my first lesson and did good😎, still gotta take it step by step.

@Ryukama Thanks

It was a bit of a scary experience but I just kept my focus, though being in a big truck did not help my fear but I managed.

No problem. Driving can be pretty scary at first. But you will eventually get the hang of it with enough practice and concentration.

Back