• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Drive knight electricity manipulation resistance

image0.jpg

I’ll put it into imgur later
Drive knight should have resistance to electricity manipulation for standing into this thing here unharmed
Genos has the same core as drive knight so he might scale but I’m not gonna propose that in this crt, this is drive knight only

That's not resistance to anything, that's Drive Knight absorbing energy.
Yes, and standing inside of an electric current the size of a city block isn’t damaging him at all, so it’s just an ability that goes along with his absorption
This is fairly obvious.

He’s absorbing it with his hand, but he’s literally in the middle of an omnidirectional explosion of electricity that logically would damage him if he wasn’t resistant to it
Like, if you have a hand that shoots water and can put out any fire that it touches, if you don’t have fire resistance then you are still going to die if you are caught inside of a GIANT FIREBALL

He’s absorbing it with his hand, but he’s literally in the middle of an omnidirectional explosion of electricity
If you absorb fire to get stronger you really don't get fire resistance. It's energy absorption. The thing he's around is literally his power source.
Like, if you have a hand that shoots water and can put out any fire that it touches, if you don’t have fire resistance then you are still going to die if you are caught inside of a GIANT FIREBALL
If you can shoot a fireball and you absorb fire to get stronger, then you don't have fire resistance you have fire absorption. To get heat resistance you would require being near a source that you cannot absorb for power.

Superman doesn't get heat resistance because he can fly to the Sun, he has heat resistance because sources that lack solar energy but are hot fail to injure or kill him.

you are trying to justify that drive knight being showered in electricity is not a resistance to electricity, I shouldn’t have to be arguing with this but
for one, a character can absorb something while still being damaged by it, like how characters from marvel can hold an infinity stones and be granted their powers while still getting killed by it because they don’t resist it. If the character is able to absorb something without getting killed by it then they resist it unless there is further evidence otherwise.
Unless you’re saying that a guy who eats a nuclear explosion has no radiation resistance, because clearly the fact that he ate it means he was just absorbing it now resisting it.
Stop it. He was bombarded with electricity, he resists electricity.

t, like how characters from marvel can hold an infinity stones and be granted their powers while still getting killed by it because they don’t resist it.
The Infinity Stones from the MCU are not a 1:1 example with this incident, while Superman would be. The Stones make you stronger, but you have to have the durability to not die to the energy surge. Drive Knight is absorbing electricity that his engine uses as fuel.
Ziller, absorbing something that amps you is an absorption feat, not a durability feat.
Unless you’re saying that a guy who eats a nuclear explosion has no radiation resistance, because clearly the fact that he ate it means he was just absorbing it now resisting it.
If the person gains strength and power from radiation then they wouldn't have radiation resistance, they would have radiation absorption. A nuclear bomb is more than just radiation as well, its a thermal and concussive wave along with a release of radiation. You can't just absorb the radiation part and be immune, you would need to resist or absorb all the parts to survive it.

this can all be summed up as “well my phone uses electricity, clearly it will be a good idea to encase the entire thing in a giant ball of electricity, since clearly the fact that it absorbs electricity means it will be fine!”
This is the logic you are employing and you expect me to take it seriously

this can all be summed up as “well my phone uses electricity, clearly it will be a good idea to encase the entire thing in a giant ball of electricity, since clearly the fact that it absorbs electricity means it will be fine!”
Your phone using electricity to charge a battery that defuses the energy into a workable form, this is not what Drive Knight is doing. He's directly absorbing the energy and using it to power himself.
This is the logic you are employing and you expect me to take it seriously
It's not my logic, its the wikis:
  • Trigon: Has empathic absorption but not a resistance listed for it
  • Aggregor: Has Energy, Magic and DNA absorption but no resistance for them
  • AMAZO: Has energy absorption but no resistance to it
  • Spectre: Can absorb magic but no listed resistance for it
  • Liu Kang: Has soul absorption but no resistance to soul manipulation
  • Luke Skywalker: Has energy absorption but no resistance against energy manipulation
  • Giygas: Has energy absorption but no resistance against energy manipulation
The only time I can think of when a character has legitimate resistance for an attack they can absorb is if it damages them outside of the absorption or comes from a source they can't absorb themselves (Superman withstanding Red Sun Radiation, Cole McGrath withstanding Kesslar's lightning, Natsu's fire, etc).

Your phone using electricity to charge a battery that defuses the energy into a workable form, this is not what Drive Knight is doing. He's directly absorbing the energy and using it to power himself.
So you’re saying that drive knight is able to directly touch electricity unharmed WITHOUT the need of it being directed to his battery first? Amazing argument, because all you’re doing is just proving that electricity doesn’t harm him
It's not my logic, its the wikis:
  • Trigon: Has empathic absorption but not a resistance listed for it
  • Aggregor: Has Energy, Magic and DNA absorption but no resistance for them
  • AMAZO: Has energy absorption but no resistance to it
  • Spectre: Can absorb magic but no listed resistance for it
  • Liu Kang: Has soul absorption but no resistance to soul manipulation
  • Luke Skywalker: Has energy absorption but no resistance against energy manipulation
  • Giygas: Has energy absorption but no resistance against energy manipulation
The only time I can think of when a character has legitimate resistance for an attack they can absorb is if it damages them outside of the absorption or comes from a source they can't absorb themselves (Superman withstanding Red Sun Radiation, Cole McGrath withstanding Kesslar's lightning, Natsu's fire, etc).
It’s not a wiki standard so my counterargument here is that I don’t care
and besides, there a situations in which a character can absorb something without having to take the brunt of its negative effects (your very own explanation of how an iPhone without electricity resistance can absorb it, which you then used to prove that drive knight is NOT the same as an iPhone, and therefore saying that he is actually taking the brunt of the electricity)
unfortunately as far as I’m aware, Luke Skywalker doesn’t just casually stand inside of a city block sized ball of deadly energy, so of course that is a very different situation you’ve brought up here
it’s like taking a vacuum cleaner onto a volcano and saying that it makes complete sense that it can survive being thrown directly into lava just because it can vacuum up lava (I am aware that vacuuming up the lava would also burn its insides here, but assume this is a vacuum with lava proof internals) without being melted.

TL;DR, you can’t throw an iPhone into a ball of electricity, you can’t throw Luke skywalker into a giant death laser, and you can throw drive knight into a massive ball of electricity with him unharmed
so I encourage you to change your leaning here Qawsed

So you’re saying that drive knight is able to directly touch electricity unharmed WITHOUT the need of it being directed to his battery first? Amazing argument, because all you’re doing is just proving that electricity doesn’t harm him
I'm saying that he's just absorbing all the energy he's exposed to, which is what is listed on the profile.
It’s not a wiki standard so my counterargument here is that I don’t care
Then my counterargument is that it's not consistent with the set standard so he can't have it.
it’s like taking a vacuum cleaner onto a volcano and saying that it makes complete sense that it can survive being thrown directly into lava just because it can vacuum up lava (I am aware that vacuuming up the lava would also burn its insides here, but assume this is a vacuum with lava proof internals) without being melted.
Well yes and no. If the vacuum cleaner can absorb lava then it wouldn't get heat resistance for absorbing lava. But if it has an absorption limit or can only absorb so much of it and then survives exposure to lava, then it would then gain resistance to lava. Because at that point its no longer absorbing the lava and is withstanding exposure to it (which is why Natsu and Cole have resistances to their respective element).

To give Drive Knight electricity resistance you would need to prove that the energy was bigger than the maximum amount of power he can take in and he withstood it. Which the scene doesn't support.
so I encourage you to change your leaning here Qawsed
I encourage you to look at our standards and understand this just falls into absorption rather than resistance.

I'm saying that he's just absorbing all the energy he's exposed to, which is what is listed on the profile.

Then my counterargument is that it's not consistent with the set standard so he can't have it.
Blatant lie, it’s still not a standard.
Well yes and no. If the vacuum cleaner can absorb lava then it wouldn't get heat resistance for absorbing lava. But if it has an absorption limit or can only absorb so much of it and then survives exposure to lava, then it would then gain resistance to lava. Because at that point its no longer absorbing the lava and is withstanding exposure to it (which is why Natsu and Cole have resistances to their respective element).
You completely dodged the entire thing I just said, this is insane
I am saying that if a vacuum cleaner can absorb lava, and you throw it INTO A VOLCANO, the fact that it can absorb lava isn’t going to allow it to be inside of a giant ball of lava
Drive knight is in a giant ball of electricity, the electricity that was see is clearly electricity that he didn’t absorb already as evidenced by the fact that you can see it in the first place.
To give Drive Knight electricity resistance you would need to prove that the energy was bigger than the maximum amount of power he can take in and he withstood it. Which the scene doesn't support.
Drive knight being bombarded by a ball of electricity unaffected is enough to say he resisted it.
I encourage you to look at our standards and understand this just falls into absorption rather than resistance.
Still not a standard.

I have looked on both the absorption and resistance pages, Qawsed’s claim is not support in any way.
Qawsed is quite literally lying about this being a standard, and still isn’t acknowledging what should be EXTREMELY OBVIOUS differences in the scenarios he brought up to this case.
He has literally contradicted himself and proven my point with his own argument that drive knight doesn’t have the same battery as a phone, and therefore is directly being affected by the electricity.
An argument with a lie, self contradiction, and extreme logic holes shouldn’t have any weight whatsoever.

Blatant lie, it’s still not a standard.
It's what we use when that power comes up. Absorbing something isn't considered a resistance Ziller unless you can withstand it outside of the absorption process.
You completely dodged the entire thing I just said, this is insane
I didn't dodge your thing, I explained how it would work on a profile and even said that the vacuum cleaner would have resistance to lava if it withstood it outside of the absorption process. It just doesn't get a resistance for what it does absorb, because that's treated as a different power.
Drive knight being bombarded by a ball of electricity unaffected is enough to say he resisted it.
Because he just absorbed it all.
Qawsed is quite literally lying about this being a standard,
I'm not, I gave multiple profiles that have exactly what I'm talking about and gave profiles to explain how Drive Knight could gain the power if the situation was different. Resistance is treated as separate thing from absorption.
He has literally contradicted himself and proven my point with his own argument that drive knight doesn’t have the same battery as a phone, and therefore is directly being affected by the electricity.
I didn't contradict myself there, I was explaining why they were in a different situation.
An argument with a lie, self contradiction, and extreme logic holes shouldn’t have any weight whatsoever.
My argument is based on current standards, isn't contradicting themselves, and follows the wiki's logic. Absorbing something just isn't the same as resisting something on the site and Drive Knight was just absorbing power in that scene.

It's what we use when that power comes up. Absorbing something isn't considered a resistance Ziller unless you can withstand it outside of the absorption process.
So you’re saying is that drive knight just has full body electricity absorption that makes him immune to its negative effects

It looks to me that Drive Knight is just absorbing electricity for his internal battery or whatever powers him, not actually being hit by a giant electricity ball.

But on that note he can likely just absorb electricity attacks and for me that's just as good if not better than a resistance so 🤷‍♂️
Genos has the same core as drive knight so he might scale but I’m not gonna propose that in this crt, this is drive knight only
???

Anyway, since this is a DK CRT I might as well add that he should have Electricity Manipulation in Tactical Transformation "Silver"
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDE1MTE1NTkxODklMkY5MTcyNjIzNzk2OTg0OTk2MTQlMkYwMTEucG5n

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDA5MzY5Mzk1NTAlMkY5MTcyNjIzODQwOTgzMjA0NTUlMkYwMTIucG5n

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDAzNDEzNjQ3NTYlMkY5MTcyNjIzODk2NTE1OTkzODAlMkYwMTMucG5n

Here’s another angle
a phone isn’t given electricity resistance, the phone itself isn’t making contact with anything, it’s just the cord and battery, so of course it doesn’t have resistance
now what is drive knight using to absorb the electricity? Oh, he’s literally just sticking his god damn hand in there and touching it
this proves that the material he’s made out of is resistant to electricity, so regardless of whats being absorbed, the fact remains is that the energy going to his core literally passes through his body first, and that means that he is physically resistant to electricity no matter what kind of logic you’re using with just saying he absorbed it all. So as I said before, he is resisting and absorbing the electricity at the same time.

It looks to me that Drive Knight is just absorbing electricity for his internal battery or whatever powers him, not actually being hit by a giant electricity ball.

But on that note he can likely just absorb electricity attacks and for me that's just as good if not better than a resistance so 🤷‍♂️

???

Anyway, since this is a DK CRT I might as well add that he should have Electricity Manipulation in Tactical Transformation "Silver"
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDE1MTE1NTkxODklMkY5MTcyNjIzNzk2OTg0OTk2MTQlMkYwMTEucG5n

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDA5MzY5Mzk1NTAlMkY5MTcyNjIzODQwOTgzMjA0NTUlMkYwMTIucG5n

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDAzNDEzNjQ3NTYlMkY5MTcyNjIzODk2NTE1OTkzODAlMkYwMTMucG5n
Yeah he can have electricity manipulation, but it’s probably not very combat applicable since we don’t see the electricity doing anything except being a special effect and we don’t have an idea of the voltage or anything

So you’re saying is that drive knight just has full body electricity absorption that makes him immune to its negative effects
He has full-body electricity absorption, but the energy he was exposed to wasn't enough to warrant resistance as an additional power.
I think that's just a beam saber. Which isn't electricity manipulation, but weapon creation and maybe something else.

He has full-body electricity absorption, but the energy he was exposed to wasn't enough to warrant resistance as an additional power.
His entire body is unaffected by direct contact with electricity but he doesn’t resist electricity manipulation at all
okay.

Back