• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm going to regret this. (Terraria related)

Because there's currently a big argument over the legitimacy of some thing in Terraria going on in that thread

You should summarize the stuff that is being discussed/needs to be changed.

I'll ask Saik to comment here.

The tooltips are 1: are from a all knowing view point and are our best source of information about the world of terraria and 2: are shown to have themes to them, the crimson is related to blood and gore, the nebula is about the galaxy, the 1.3 update is about space and so on

1. The Tooltips contradict what is shown and what happens in the game and/or utilize a lot of flowery lnguage

2: Themes dont make anything more or less legit

WeeklyBattles said:
1. The Tooltips contradict what is shown and what happens
The life drain doesn't contradict itself the weapon drains the opponents life force and adds it to the terrarian's regenration.

1. Life Drain being described as absorbing the opponent's life force when all it does is amp the Terrarian's regen for example

Oh except for literally everything the enemies lose health, their live force then leaves their body then it is used to increase your regen, there's a gif of it on the weapon's page.

Thats... an animation Call me crazy or whatever. But I am honestly not the biggest fan of using animations as an end all be all of abilities. Dont know enough to have an opinion. I can inform saikou of this thread tho if it is a big deal.

Except for literally nothing. Damaging an enemy doesnt remotely imply that their life force is being absorbed.

It's not the end all it just shows that whatever it takes come from the enemies not the staff, meaning it has to be taking something (most likely life force sense that's what it's said to be).

"Drains life from enemies" that's the weapons tooltip it's not flowery language, it's a direct statement.

I mean, I just woke up but I see both sides.

Although with all due respect, linking a vs thread in a content revision without a proper description is not a good way to start.

Keeweed said:
"Drains life from enemies" that's the weapons tooltip it's not flowery language, it's a direct statement.
That is 100% flowery language as it goes against what happens in-game. If we were to accept this as legitimate, then, for example, Beowulf from DMC should make Dante tier 4 for being stated to hit with the power of a supernova. Hell, dozens of characters across the entire wiki would be lightspeed for flowery statements like this.

Keeweed said:
Sorry but it had the back story to all of this.
Hey I get that. Thanks. As for the points, I agree with weekly but animation does have some semblance of usage in a vs debate.

I dont know enough, but dismissing it as language or flowery rhetoric is the safest assumption via occams razor. Trust me, I wish some animations did what they look like they do. But they dont, not all animations work in canon as such.

Dont know anything about terraria. (Goes to vote in thread)

But unlike the Beowulf we actually see life force leave the opponents body and increase your regen. Also as i've Mentioned in the linked thread, the life drain would be a terrible weapon if it did the same exact thing as the vampire knives.

Tell Saikou I slightly renamed the thread, so he won't go to the wrong one or something.

I've heard the creator of terraria is a nice guy, maybe we can ask him if the tooltips actually describes the weapon.

Keeweed said:
I've heard the creator of terraria is a nice guy, maybe we can ask him if the tooltips actually describes the weapon.
Dude. I get it, believe me I do. We all want something we see to be true, but it is likely not the case. Animations arent exactly the end all with vs debating especially. If we all saw something and it was true, I would have High 4-C final fantasy 9 characters and I will make Zidane vs Bayo just to tilt weekly. But occams razor dictates that the assumption with the least amount of assumptions is correct. As such, we can likely chalk this up to flowery animation. (But we can wait for what Saikou thinks. )

I don't see what contradicts it; you absorb their life force and it increases your regen, they did everything they could to hint at it: the life forces comes from the enemies not the staff, the life force increases something related to vigor, the life force is red (the color of blood and the staff is a crimson item), and the description says it steals life force.

It could be just bad justifications for powers and abilities. Or bad explaination. It seems at the very least a case of one or the other. Plus, it isnt much of a downgrade. It is just 'one' ability.

Back