• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm confused about Durability Negation

Is durability negation an ability in of itself? If it is then let's say I have durability negation and I want to kill someone like Yggdrassil from Digimon(Let's just pretend he doesn't have any resistances) would it work because he doesn't have any resistances or would it not because he has higher dimensionality?

Not sure about the ability part, but if you are 3-D, then no. You won't be able to affect something higher dimensional unless you have feats of you affecting something at this dimensionality.

Not sure about the ability part, but if you are 3-D, then no. You won't be able to affect something higher dimensional unless you have feats of you affecting something at this dimensionality.
On the Durability Negation page it says "It should not be assumed that the above listed abilities automatically grant durability negation unless they have been shown to work as such in-verse". I was wondering if it Durability Negation itself can be an ability.

On the Durability Negation page it says "It should not be assumed that the above listed abilities automatically grant durability negation unless they have been shown to work as such in-verse". I was wondering if it Durability Negation itself can be an ability.
No, is a type of ability, you could see it as a broad ability like reality warping, but it is kore like "an effect of a ability".

Durability Negation is an umbrella term that encompasses a broad variety of powers and techniques, basically it's anything that allows you to ignore the sheer durability in some way.

Durability Negation in itself isn't its own thing, but a general category for multiple abilities. But it's any ability/attack that typically ignores the durability stat entirely unless said character has resistance or notable characteristics to be unaffected.

Back