• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm already Jotaro vs. I'm already Tracer (1 vote needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the only arguments that were presented are timestop gg and heart grab, the former of which wont kill Tracer and cannot be spammed and the latter of which is severely out of character

Weiss vs Polnareff was a great battle lmao.

WeeklyBattles said:
See you say that yet people have argued that a 2x gap means the weaker character would struggle to harm the stronger one :/
Weekly you should know by now the importance of an AP gap depends on how much you like a character in the match and how they compare

The more the verse tends towards quick and more "realistic" battles, the more smaller gaps matter, I guess. IRL beimg twice as strong as a guy is really quite a lot, especially when you can outright kill or KO people weaker than you, hut in something like dragon Ball where everyone takes a bajillion hits and fights draw out for really long periods of time it takes a greater AP gap for a quick kill.

If that's how jotaros durability works though i'll probably have to go for tracer for weekly's reasons.

Why would Tracer win because of stats alone? She tends to play around with her opponents like that fight with Doomfist.

His time stop helps him catch up to Tracer if she tries to teleport or rewind her own time, and Jotaro would definitely notice that. Star Platinum can rip off her time device like what Doomfist did. He had no prior knowledge on Tracer and yet he came up with that idea to take it off her.

Meanwhile, Jotaro is a very good battle tactician. He'd definitely find out how she can do that. Jotaro takes this via being an anime character that usually thinks in battles and plans strategies in his battles to the point that it's an asspull.

Remember doomfist is stronger than ever AP wise, and all tracer's bullets from dual machine pistols are high 8-C. Blocking those is going to hurt SPlat a lot, in turn damaging jotaro.

Yeah bit it has a cool down and her rewind also reloads her guns. She just shoots him then.

He doesn't need to, because dodging all that shit in speed equal isn't going to happen.

So you're saying that Jotaro is not going to move at all? He dodges projectile with time stop as seen in his fight against Bug-Eaten. He is also smarter.

He thinks, time is stopped, punches her in stopped time and she is barely damaged by it and showcases her abilities to Jotaro. He learns of it then for a while, stops time again and rips away the chronal accelerator.

Being smart does not counter the sheer volume of fire guns like that can put out. To use an example closer to human speed, say I mod a Nerf gun to shoot fast, or something. No matter how smart my friend is it doesn't help him weave inbetweem the darts if I shoot at him with 2 or something.

She also has blink on a seemingly shorter cool down than her timestop. Jotaro should be able to predict a hit anyways, but how does he even destroy her thing insaltly with lower AP?

>Being smart does not counter the sheer volume of fire guns like that can put out. To use an example closer to human speed, say I mod a Nerf gun to shoot fast, or something. No matter how smart my friend is it doesn't help him weave inbetweem the darts if I shoot at him with 2 or something.

Why are we counting this again? Speed is equal, he can use time stop and has dealt with projectiles before, long ranged and burst fire ones to be exact.

>She also has blink on a seemingly shorter cool down than her timestop. Jotaro should be able to predict a hit anyways, but how does he even destroy her thing insaltly with lower AP?

He rips it off with Class K lifting strength.

Speed being equal doesn't make the guns shoot any less rapidly. I'm also pretty sure that we equalize in a relative manner, so tracer's bullets stay moving way faster than her and notarized. Even if we assume human speed buklets, the huge number of them being fired is to an extent that coming out without a single hit is very unlikely.

Why would that override high 8-C durability (presumably) holding it on? He'd throw her somewhere but I don't think that it'd necessarily break the straps.

Wokistan said:
Speed being equal doesn't make the guns shoot any less rapidly. I'm also pretty sure that we equalize in a relative manner, so tracer's bullets stay moving way faster than her and notarized.
Nah speed isn't equalized relatively. Attack speed, movement speed, reaction speed are all considered equal.

Otherwise you get stuff like "Person A, who could blitz Person B previously, get blitzed by Person B's attacks under speed equal".

Yes, it is. There was a whole thread about it.

As for the latter, that is a thing. In the speedequal crt it was established that this can happen, but it cannot be added. Because certain fights just don't work, tough luck, making a bullet human speed is still not a thing.

The very first example under 'speed blitz' is bullets being shot from a gun, and this is the first time I've seen this be treated like this in a thread/been mentioned in the rules or in general. I'd like to see the thread where this was agreed on.

Also, Jotaro will resort to phasing attacks eventually, if he sees his attacks not do as much damage as expected. During the entirety of Stardust Crusaders, he didn't fight to kill with anyone other than DIO (who the phasing attacks were kinda useless against). During DiU, the same applies and Kira was weaker than him so he didn't use it then too. He was out of commission for most of Stone Ocean and Pucci is kinda hard to hit.

Since this is a willing to kill match, Jotaro would use it eventually.

And? Did you read the either crt with speed equal? One went out of it's way to point out how the speed of an attack relative to the user is too important to equalize, the ither plain said that if the slower character speedblitzes the faster one then the match is just void, not that you can restrict them arbitlarly to make it fair.

Of course I didn't read the CRT(s). I thought I made it clear that I haven't seen it before and that you should link it.

Also it's not restricting abilities 'arbitrarly', it's doing what it says on the tin; equalizing speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
See you say that yet people have argued that a 2x gap means the weaker character would struggle to harm the stronger one :/
Anyone who believes this needs to sit down and rethink their life for a while.

!ATTENTION!

I HAVE CHANGED THE RULES TO SPEED=IZED AND BLOODLUSTED!

i do not want it to end in an argument in which half of the people say that the character wins via (sth) but the other half says that it is not in character.

now both character will use their best moves.

Good luck arguing

Her bomb isn't doing shit to Jotaro. She plants it on him and rewinds away, nice. Jotaro stops time, takes off his jacket and gives the thing back to her. Time resumes with it blowing her up.

SBA is central park, that means a lot of terrain for Jotaro to hide behind. Even though Tracer has High 8-C firearms, they don't carry enough destructive capacity to destroy the terrain around her like Reinhardt and his charge. Even if we say that they can, he still has a decent amount of cover and can stop time and relocate without her knowing.

Once Star Platinum grabs Tracer the fight is kind of over, sure he's 4x weaker but I don't see her having the mental capability to activate her rewind or skips when she's taking dozens of punches to her head each second. She may not pass out entirely right away but it's like trying to fight back while someone is on top of you and actively pounding your face into the ground. It kind of just snowballs into a victory.

Jotaro FRA, timestop is a little more versatile in this context.

Bloodlusted just means time stop intangibility GG.

If you're gonna change conditions that late into a thread you may as well make a new one. This has already been added, so someone can just make a rematch if they really care a ton about the match. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back