• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
His Name is Diavolo fits.

Mysterio and his people have 3 days of prep

Optional Equipment allowed

Illuso: 0

MCU Mysterio: 7 (Iapitus The Impaler, Milly Rocking Bandit, Ionliosite, Schnee One, DMB 1, Zark2099, JooCipher)

Inconclusive: 1 (Demon Takumo 31)

MCUMysteriovs
Illusovs

I think Mysterio can take this if he can get a solid hit with his drones behind the illusions. With prep time he should be able to know what I stand user is and to avoid Illuso at close range before he gets his illusions up. The other issue is that, since the illusions are projections into the physical world and not just in the mind, dragging Mysterio into the mirror world wouldn't stop him from using the illusions.

For these reasons, I vote Mysterio.

Prep time maybe can help Mysterio to know what is a Stand, but Stands have very different abilities so i can´t see the way he can figure what Man in the Mirror can do.

Also Illuso is pretty cautious and wouldn´t go out of the mirror world until he finds the exterior is safe.

"Equipment, clothing, and other things on the person will be merely images made of spiritual energy while in the world inside the mirror, and thus have no actual function. " (From Illuso´s page) That means that inside the mirror Mysterio will be just a normal human in a suit.

Going with Illuso (If mysterio somehow discover the abilitie of Man in the MIrror, then going to incon because Illuso wouldn´t go out)

I was looking forward the dynamic of Mysterio's powers working in the World inside the Mirror. Albeit Illuso's profile doesn't elaborate this, I'm gonna fix that.

Um, Mysterio has invisibility, and an insane Illusion Creation. I don't know how stands work, but without like, enhanced senses or precog, you wouldn't likely be able to see through invisible characters, or extremely disorienting illusions, right?

So doesn't Mysterio just kinda entirely avoid the fight and mastermind it from away like he does in the film, thus never having to be around a stand in the first place? He can legitimately just hide and send his somewhat infinite supply of drones at Illuso

Invisibility and illusions are good tricks when you know who you want to target with that, but Illuso don´t fight face to face; he keeps hidden in the Mirror World until he find an opening to drag his enemies there where they will be defenseless.

Drones also can´t harm Illuso while he is inside the mirror. Shotting at the mirror and break it will just make more surfaces that will make easier for Illuso to drag Mysterio.

Like i said before Illuso would´t go out his mirror and just will wait for his opponent to have his guard down.

Prep honestly makes this a stomp for Mysterio. Knowing what Illusos ability is and how it works gives that big of an advantage.

Prep time is different from know all about your enemy.

Mysterio is a pretty smart guy, but i can´t imagine how he could find information about Illuso. Illuso is an assassin from La Squadra; even other members of Passione don´t know about them or their abilities. Just members of La Squadra and Diavolo have knowledge about Man in the Mirror.

Mysterio beats the shit out of Illuso

Illuso traps him in a mirror

Myserio says "Ha! You got fooled by a drone!" and continues pummeling

FRA

Simple

Wait until he isn't.

Besides, Illuso has no idea where the actual Mysterio is while Illuso without his stand is completely visible

Illuso is not dumb, if he doesn´t see his oppponent he will keep hidding inside the mirror.

Illuso is visible, but inside the mirror is untouchable. Also he can hide himself back of some structures in the area

Also above i said my resons for why Mysterio wouldn´t know about the abilitie of Man in the Mirror

Except what happens if he thinks he sees the actual Mysterio only for that to be an illusion?

If that happend his stand will only touch the air, because in order to drag someone in the mirror world Man in the Mirror needs to touch him. After that the situation will be the same

Also SBA prohibits Illuso from starting in the mirror world..

Illuso doesn't have mirrors with himself, which is why he died, he needs to find them or use other reflective surfaces.

He set up the ones we saw him use.

If he could set up that means that he was carrying at least the one we saw.

Illuso himself knows that Man in the Mirror is weak and his only way to win is inside the mirror. Why he wouldn´t carry a mirror in this case?

The only reason he was able to set up like that was because he had the element of surprise and knew where his enemies were.

@Demon Takumo 31 Sorry but the 2 arguments you used to say that he has mirrors are pretty bad.

You said it in the first one, "he was carrying", if you know what Standard Equipment is then you know this means nothing.

And him not having that being something that doesn't make sense for him as a character appeals to his intelligence being that good while ignoring what actually happens in the manga. He was going to get killed while he had no mirrors with himself, and then found one, to which he felt lucky. He was also smart enough to set up the area where his enemies were with mirrors when he knew his enemies were going to be there, to say that he also has to always have mirrors with himself because he just has to is simply incorrect.

Well if we are going to restrict Illuso from the only way he have to be safe and attack then this is a stomp.

Man in the Mirror ability is nothing without any mirror, so there is no win condition for Illuso.

Eficiente said:
Illuso doesn't have mirrors with himself, which is why he died, he needs to find them or use other reflective surfaces.
He set up the ones we saw him use.
Iirc it was showed he carried around small shards of mirrors, which he can use for Man in the Mirror in a pinch

I'm going to allow him to have his Optional Equipment here anyway, if you can find that it would be useful as I remember him not having anything when making his profile.

With the optional equipment i will vote for Incon

Mysterio is too smart to show his real self to Illuso and Illuso wouldn´t exit his Mirror World.

The only way of deafeat Illuso is tricking him into drag something that could hurt him or force him to exit the mirror. If Mysterio had prior knowledge about Man in the Mirror he could make a strategy but i can´t think in a way he could get that information and making a strategy in the middle of the battle will be difficult if he can´t see MIM trying to drag him.

I think Illuso finding a reflective surface, entering it, and dragging Mysterio in when he finally let's up because his opponent has vanished is his win condition.

Mysterio's is blasting him before he can.

If Illuso is given a pocket mirror or something, he wins fairly easily,if not then vice-versa.

This match is probably one of the weirdest to imagine since despite their gimmick being somewhat similar, their fighting styles being very different.

Since this battle takes place in New Yor, for Illusoto find a reflective surface is an easy as it can get. Inside of the Mirror World, Illuso is practically immune to whatever Mysterio does in the main world.

However, I believe that's here Illuso's advantages end: Mysterio's strategy consists in staying far away from the opponent, and let the drones do the job, so basically abusing range. This will counter Illuso's strategy, which consists of getting as close to the opponent as possible and then drag them into the Mirror world.

The biggest problem though is Mysterio's illusions, which are actually pretty insane if you watch the movie: from an insider's perspective, it looks like having the whole world warped around you, and Mysterio can make fake clones of himself, which will confuse the hell out of Illuso, and if he does fall for then, it's basically game over, as Mysterio can very well hide reflective surfaces with his illusions, and then the fight becomes Illuso vs. hundreds of Aereosmiths.

Trying to bring the individual drones into the Mirror World is basically useless because A: illusions, and B: there are hundreds of them.

The only way I would see Illuso winning is if he just stays in the Mirror World and reaches the real beck before the latter can even figure out what's going on, which considering Illuso's lack of prior knowledge, his range of only a few hundreds of meters within the Mirror World, and also Mysterio potentially finding a way to get around that, I find this to be an unlikely scenario.

So I vote Mysterio via illusions, hundreds of drones, and sheer range.

I'll vote Mysterio as well. One vote left for Beck.

EDIT: Actually wait, nevermind, grace begins for Beck.

Hierophant and John technically voted for Mysterio as well.

So, that implies this has been in grace period for a while now.

This was already in grace for awhile, someone add the results and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back