• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki Kurogane fights against plot without plot

Skillll

Besides i don't think Aoi can nullify skill. Nor acausality.
Though her profile does make it sound like she can't/wouldn't nullify your own abilities, she usually nullifies abilities you get from others (like the cheat stuff or sth) because they do not belong to you and you need hard work and all that jazz. Ikki is the epidemy of hard work.

No as in like what can Ikki do to effect her, what stops her from not recognizing his sword and phantom form

Yeah, she doesn't believe that a dragon with wings can fly. So they can't.

And she doesn't believe Ikki can do everything he does with skill, so he can't.

Edit:

Also; to add. Balance of Power is a mixture of Reality Warping, Subjective Reality (Which should be on her profile, but is not for some reason), and Causality Manipulation.

Whether or not type 4 acausality help Ikki here is up in the air.

“Nah that didn’t just happen”

Nope

Also she can just not believe her death since stabbing isn’t interesting

I mean being stabbed isn’t something you ignore or deny, you were stabbed.

Also what makes a death “interesting.” In this case.

Actually if you can deny being stabbed and make it not happen, you can just deny it if you have the ability to.

No idea, but stabbing is a very generic way of killing someone.

@Fire No, that’s based on her reality warping.

No idea, but stabbing is a very generic way of killing someone.
I mean a 1v1 in a sword fight against someone of Ikki's caliber in terms of combat proficiency? I wouldn't call that not interesting. Considering their definition of not interesting is a stray bullet.

No, that’s based on her reality warping.
Come on dude. You act like fate manip/causality aren't considered reality warping.

That’s the exact opposite of interesting, you get stomped and die with no actual fight. Being skilled doesn’t make you kill someone in a way that’s more interesting.

Fate is a subset of RW, though why does that matter? She doesn’t use fate on opponents, only herself.

The profile describes it as being based on belief, if she was visibly stabbed then she would reasonably believe she was stabbed.

I mean; she can deny things that are clearly happening. She can make people weaker than her just by believing they are weaker despite knowing that their stats are higher.

http://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/021.0/compressed/f000.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/021.0/compressed/f001.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e013.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e008.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e017.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e019.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e021.jpghttp://zjcdn.*********.org/store/manga/30563/020.0/compressed/e022.jpg

The profile describes it as being based on belief, if she was visibly stabbed then she would reasonably believe she was stabbed.
Then she goes “Nah” and it didn’t happen, she has the ability to deny it so she can.

I mean in the first situation, she was only told the dragon was vauge the strong, and her null was based on the logic of how flight works.

The second situation is hard to follow but. It seems that she just prevented a few spells from being cast, so that wouldn’t apply to something as hard to deny or rationalize away as being stabbed.
Even then her explanation says it isn’t because the power is given but he himself is weak.

In the first part of that sequence she says "If we're talking about specs then I am certainly weaker. Even among the sages, I am the weakest."

He wasn't weaker than her until she 'believed' he was weaker.

Baseless and ridiculous claims are gonna be ignored Schnee.
Yung gives scans and demonstrates how her stuff works. It clearly isn’t what you say it is, she even admits to being weak so her being stabbed is very much possible.

In the first part of that sequence she says "If we're talking about specs then I am certainly weaker. Even among the sages, I am the weakest."

He wasn't weaker than her until she 'believed' he was weaker.
But that is after the power he received was removed, as she says herself. So you can’t really compare the two situations.

Its baseless to assume somebody with the ability to make something not happen will just pretend that they are dead with no way around it.

I also never once said she can't be stabbed, Im saying that she denies getting stabbed after the fact.

Seriously, you're saying its undeniable she was stabbed so it won't work, it was also undeniable that the dragon can fly, or her opponent was stronger, yet she straight up denies it and it happens anyway.

The dragon situation is different because as she says “a being that large shouldn’t be flying.” There is reason to assume it shouldn’t be there. It makes no logical/scientific sense.
What reason would someone who admits to being weak have for not believing she was stabbed after not being stabbed. When has she ever just decided to not be injured? That needs a scan (when not even Manz could provide that specific one, it’s a problem.)
Already adressed the other point.

She saw the dragon fly. And in the second situation admitted he was stronger.

"What reason would someone who admits to being weak have for not believing she was stabbed after not being stabbed. When has she ever just decided to not be injured? That needs a scan "

Well, it makes sense if you think of it in a way "She doesn't think Ikki is powerful enough to stab her because she's a sage and he's not". So she just denies it upon those grounds, and it's not a stretch given that she denies things that she blatantly acknowledged beforehand.

You only addressed the dragon, now tell me how someone literally says "You're stronger then me, but you are actually weaker" and that being the case as such. You still haven't told me that.

Because being physically weaker doesn't correlate to outright denying what is happening in front of her, I'm not sure what your point is here.

Character A is stronger, Aoi admits that and admits that she would lose, but then says "I can get that power too" and character A becomes weaker. She denied objective fact and it happened anyway, same with it being stabbed.

Also, this is a less major point but... "There is reason to assume it shouldn’t be there. It makes no logical/scientific sense." Is immensely false, large enough wingspans and bone strength can make anything fly, look at bees, or ants carrying hundreds of times their own weight, or (Insert ridiculous Air Force project here). So this actually has basis, and she denied it anyway

Anyway, @YungManzi Does her stuff affect a type 4 Acausal like Ikki, I just need to be sure

I already adressed the point about the guy, she even stated that “The power you received, Didn’t you think it could be taken away.” and then calls his sword strong but him weak. So he was nerfed between her statement of him and after (the context was between the two scans considering that the scans aren’t a smooth one-two story.)

The dragon logically shouldn’t fly because it’s wingspan isn’t that large, and a giant, clearly thick being wouldn’t be able to fly with those wings. and why are you choosing the worst example in small animals like insects? How are those comparable to hypothetical dragons.

Also why would Ali rationalize her being stab-proof via being a sage when she herself admits to being weak for a sage, and is otherwise shown to be human level physically? (Even on the profile you helped make?)

Well her fate and plot abilities are intrinsically related. And type 4 doesn't protect from plot manipulation unless specified on the page itself iirc.

As far as whether or not Balance of Power works goes... most likely. Her power is a very weird mixture of Reality Warping, Subjective Reality, and Causality manipulation.

At best we'd say she can't use causality manipulation itself on him but other stuff still works.

Then yeah, Ikki's ******.

@00potato Yes, she called him weak, and he became weaker then she was despite being physically stronger, its as simple as this. SHe denied objective fact.

Judging by the scan the dragons wings are as long as its body and the dragon isn't even that large to begin with, but this point is irrelevant because.

1. How the **** is Ikki approaching her if he only resists her causality and nothing else.

2. How does that get passed her resurrection since getting stabbed or shot is canonically is not an interesting death.

@Fire The sword the guy was using?

Sherbert.
You can’t just keep ignoring the actual point. She literally says the power he received was taken away, and that he himself is weak. You keep ignoring that, I wouldn’t repeat that again.

@Schnee_One yes the sword the guy was using. That ability may have good applications but it's just fate hax at its core, so it ain't working on ikki.

As for stabbed or shot being not interesting that's headcanon af. It's way more interesting than getting killed by a stray shot. So you'd have to prove that a fight wouldn't count as interesting either.

@YungManzi considering how she treats plot quite literally the same as fate, then yes he'd resist. She treats plot as the script of the world........ textbook fate definition.

His fate hax is extremely strong but it's not an opening move by any means. He'd try other stuff well before desperado hax.

Yes, it was taken away, by believing he was weaker then her, despite him being stronger.

That said, in regards to "You can’t just keep ignoring the actual point." You haven't addressed how Ikki stabs her, even if she doesn't instantly win using her abilities, even if she doesn't deny that she was stabbed because she knows she can just not believe it. What stops Aoi from coming back since its not interesting.

@Fire "So you'd have to prove that a fight wouldn't count as interesting either."

There is no fight, if Aoi can't affect Ikki like you're trying to say she can't then there is no fight, and Aoi literally does nothing as Ikki stabs her.

Its also not headcanon, thats an actual thing, I'll let Yung get scans though since I can't upload them

Either way this match is absolutely horrific.

Either Aoi can affect Ikki and thus insta wins, or Ikki is straight up unaffected by everything she does due to type 4. Her resurrection only matters until Ikki uses trackless step and phantom form.

This is a stomp either way.

@Firephoenixearl

Well; Earl the example given was the death of Oda Nobunaga when it comes to killing high destiny value existences. And he was technically never killed. He was betrayed by a comrade who staged a coup for fairly unknown reasons, cornered him in a temple and Oda committed seppuku while his attendants set the temple aflame and burned themselves alive to keep the traitor from getting Oda's remains.

That's the kind of scenario needed to kill an existence with high destiny value. Aoi flat out states that trying to shoot or stab them won't kill them.

Where does it say anything about how his powers were taken away? All it says is that he received power from an outside source, and that was removed.
Even if it was her, that wouldn’t mean anything. Taking away buffs has no correlation to retroactively unstabbing yourself.

You're purposely wording it in a way that sounds different in order to make it not work.

Here's how it goes. He was stronger, she said he was weaker, he was now made even weaker then she was.

Same with stabbing, she was stabbed, she thinks that its ridiculous, and it doesn't happen.

Also, this means nothing because stabbing doesn't bypass having an interesting death, so moot point regardless.

You're purposely wording it in a way that sounds different in order to make it not work.

Here's how it goes. He was stronger, she said he was weaker, he was now made even weaker then she was.

Same with stabbing, she was stabbed, she thinks that its ridiculous, and it doesn't happen.

Also, this means nothing because stabbing doesn't bypass having an interesting death, so moot point regardless.
How are those things even remotely similar.
He was stronger via outside power, through unknown means (lack of context in between scans.) it was removed and now he’s weaker.

That shows nothing about whether she can deny injuries, those are two completely different things. It would be a lot harder to completely deny a stab wound, when you yourself admit to being weak. Why would she consider it ridiculous? Even then how would she undo the stabbing of an Acasual being?

Also what constitutes and interesting death here?

Well; Earl the example given was the death of Oda Nobunaga when it comes to killing high destiny value existences. And he was technically never killed. He was betrayed by a comrade who staged a coup for fairly unknown reasons, cornered him in a temple and Oda committed seppuku while his attendants set the temple aflame and burned themselves alive to keep the traitor from getting Oda's remains.

That's the kind of scenario needed to kill an existence with high destiny value. Aoi flat out states that trying to shoot or stab them won't kill them.
That.

I'm not going to bother arguing the same point so agree to disagree since Ikki can't defeat her via stabbing, only through phantom form and trackless step

@Firephoenixearl

Im pretty sure that is not the only scenario you can do. A battle to the death with stakes on the line against someone who worked (as she states herself) hard to get what he got. Again i don't see how a battle against the greatest swordsman she has ever seen would be an uninteresting death.

And i'd like the quote for the "getting stabbed is not interesting". Cus the getting shot one is plain wrong, cus she says getting shot by a stray bullet is uninteresting, not just getting shot.

Back