• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ike from FE9 and FE10 vs Chrom from FE13

Round One: Base FE9 Ike vs Base Chrom.

Round Two: Base FE9 Ike with Regal Sword vs Base Chrom with Rapier.

Round Three: Base FE10 Ike with Ettard vs Promoted Chrom with Silver Sword.

Round Four: FE10 Vanguard Ike with Ragnell+Yune's Blessing vs FE13 Endgame Chrom with Exalted Falchion.

Round Five: Wrath+Resolve FE9 Lord Ike with Capped Stats vs Promoted Chrom with Capped Stats

Im not sure about the others, but round 4 goes to Ike thanks to Ragnelss range, its a great advantage vs Chrom's attacks.

I'm an expert on both characters. Let me see here...

Round One: I assume it's at the very begining of their games? Honestly could probably go either way. Chrom is likely more experienced than Ike when it comes to actual killing, being a shephard and all, but Ike has been trained by Greil (who is pretty dang tough, even with his injury) and has been training to be a mercenary. Seeing as Ike's style is the same as his father's, he's likely the better swordsman than Chrom. I don't think this fight is really definitive either way. If I absolutely had to pick one, I guess I'd give it to Ike, but I'd much sooner say it's a tie.

Round Two: How is this different? Ike gets the Regal Sword a few chapters into the game and Chrom has his rapier from the beginning. This one probably does lean a bit more towards Ike, seeing as he's a bit futher into his campaign than Chrom is in his.

Round Three: NOW Ike really takes this. By the time Chrom promotes, he's probably only faced Gangrel, and he's maayyybe a bit into his Valm campaign. Meanwhile, Ike has already fought a war which means he's fought people like The Black Knight and Ashnard. He's also had 3 years of constant battles as a mercenary. It doesn't help that Ettard is a better weapon than the Silver Sword. This goes to Ike.

Round Four: Chrom gets dominated. Ike should have Nihil at this point, meaning even if Chrom did have nice things like Aether here, they can't be used. Ike's Aether is also much stronger. Chrom CAN heal with Falchion but he's not going to be healing more damage than he's taking. Lances help a bit, but Ike has axes to counter that. Ike's Aether is also much stronger, not to mention Ragnell > Falchion. Ragnell increases Ike's Defense and serves as a projectile. Chrom isn't nearly as lucky. Ike is just too powerful at this point. Especially having Yune's Blessing.

Round Five: This is a little more balanced than the last fight. Both are pretty competent at this point. I'd assume Chrom has Aether and Rightful King. I'll also assume both have their main weapons (Ragnell and Exalted Falchion). Chrom has about 30% chance of activating Aether. That's about every 3 attacks. Not bad. He also possesses the Fire Emblem for a shield. But don't think Chrom has it in the bag yet. Ike has experience in fighting people with shields, and he still does possess a better weapon giving increased defense and giving him a projectile. Especially considering Ragnell's increased defense, I don't think one Aether will be able to do Ike in (after all, he's fought the Black Knight who has Luna). Resolve and Wrath make Ike absolutely insane. 50% increase to strength, skill, and speed make Ike hit hard, hit faster, dodge more, and hit more accurately and increase critical hit chance, as well as skill activation. Meanwhile, Wrath gives him a lot more critical. Chrom has a lot of luck, but Ike has a lot of critical with this. I'd say he'd be getting a critical roughly as often as Chrom can get an Aether in. And Ike can get criticals with his projectile sword.

So, at the end of the day, both are competent warriors, but Ike pretty much ends up winning every given round except for maybe the first round.

Back