• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Infinity Gems are currently somehow mined by Celestials and placed in each universe, so they do not originate from Genesis anymore.

I'm talking specifically about the era when it wasn't retconned so heavily to make a point it had a higher range pre-retcon then it did post-retcon. I'm not saying the current IG has this range basically.

Like I said before, I firmly believe cluttering the entire profile with separate keys just for the sake of a range change is a bad move. Any change should just be within the range section. It is much more streamlined that way.

@Emperor

Powerscaling doesn't work with range, not just with this scenario but in most scenarios.

To address each scan:

• Destroying all/multiple universes can be done with energy waves and doesn't prove all the abilities are active across the multiverse.
  • That's a manifestation of Eternity, and Adam never got a chance to actually see if they would work iirc
  • When Magus started using the IG the universes were already partially merged by the Cubes. That means his range wasn't reaching over into a completely separate universe.
  • The statement with Thanos just means he's the most powerful being in the multiverse and means nothing about range specifically. It's also standard hyperbolic bragging.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
Like I said before, I firmly believe cluttering the entire profile with separate keys just for the sake of a range change is a bad move. Any change should just be within the range section. It is much more streamlined that way.
@Emperor

Powerscaling doesn't work with range, not just with this scenario but in most scenarios.

To address each scan:

• Destroying all/multiple universes can be done with energy waves and doesn't prove all the abilities are active across the multiverse.
  • That's a manifestation of Eternity, and Adam never got a chance to actually see if they would work iirc
  • When Magus started using the IG the universes were already partially merged by the Cubes. That means his range wasn't reaching over into a completely separate universe.
  • The statement with Thanos just means he's the most powerful being in the multiverse and means nothing about range specifically. It's also standard hyperbolic bragging.
'When Magus started using the IG the universes were already partially merged by the Cubes. That means his range wasn't reaching over into a completely separate universe.'

I kind of imagine it being something like a black hole. Once within the reach of the IG... there was nothing to stop it from pulling the two verses together.

Or am I the only that thinks that?

The IG is superior to the Cosmic Cube in all aspects which is why the powerscaling works this way. Which is also the reason why Magus would wanted it over the CCs.

The universes weren't destroyed with energy waves like in the Thanos example so no it shows other methods are avaliable to range across multiple universes.

Notice how she stated "control of all there is" and then goes on to talk about all realities. That isn't possible with only energy waves.

It's still outside Eternity who embodies the universe. I'm pretty sure that's the "Realm of Manifestation". Which may still be within Multi-Eternity but not his aspect which is the point. Adam did use it and one-sided stomped the abstracts including Eternity in that realm. So "ineffective outside the universe" means nothing for Pre-Retcon IG. In the fight TLT says they may even endanger the realm their in which is larger than Eternity.

The IG was going to get a variable tier. Iirc Eficiente was going to do something regarding that. The alternative would be significantly more than two keys based on all the different power levels it's displayed, which would be far too cluttering.

• Power has nothing to do with range. The IG can be capable of overcoming a Cube's power and at the same time incapable of affecting things as widespread as it.
  • It stated the universes were destroyed by a "wave of creative energy". That's...very explicitly an energy wave. Furthermore Nemesis is explicitly greater than just the six gems.
  • She also explicitly said "in your universe" right before saying "control of all that is." The only explicitly 2-A statement in that scan is a claim of possible destruction. The other part is left ambiguous and needs a massively highballed interpretation.
  • He's referring to the universe when he says "this reality". That realm is a higher dimension that's appeared multiple times in Starlin material, where M-bodies interact. There's a difference between the actual abstracts and M-bodies.
I gotta be honest man, I don't care about this topic enough to keep spending time debating it, so I probably won't respond again.

In that case we should probably close this thread, as nothing will likely happen without your help.

Slenderblak said:
range=/=power
That is so wrong I have no words for it. In what world does Range = Power?

Apologies I'm just getting irritated with some of the people who are fanboys of the Marvel-Thanos.

Maybe Sandman31, but he is more interested in DC Comics.

NostalgiaTrip said:
Slenderblak said:
range=/=power
Apologies I'm just getting irritated with some of the people who are fanboys of the Marvel-Thanos.
You seriously need to calm your tone down. Having a noticeably biased tone will result in less people willing to support you, whether you're correct or incorrect.

Anyways, =/= means "not equal to".

NostalgiaTrip said:
I mean I can run two-miles, which is my range. That doesn't mean that I can destroy 2 miles of side-walk.
Also, this is not range. Some sort of supersniper would have 2 mile range. Range is merely the distance one can attack, not what one could walk, else the idea of "melee" range becomes null.

The infinity gautlet has defeated 2-A beings consistantly. Reguardless of range, that's 2-A. Saying otherwise is are of effect fallacy. The main reason Thanos has lost with the gauntlet is him feeling as though he dosn't deserver the power and, of course, classic comic book PIS.

High 2-A is because the stones exist beyond time and space or something like that.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
NostalgiaTrip said:
Slenderblak said:
range=/=power
You seriously need to calm your tone down. Having a noticeably biased tone will result in less people willing to support you, whether you're correct or incorrect.
Anyways, =/= means "not equal to".
I'm not trying to seem like a dick, I swear.

Antvasima said:
I am fine with closing this thread.
Ok then, go ahead. It's obvious that nothing is going to change for the time being unless the current authors clarify the limitations and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back