• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If Despair makes someone happy, does making them feel happy make them feel Despair?

"As its energy, Togepi uses the positive emotions of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. This Pokémon stores up feelings of happiness inside its shell, then shares them with others." - Togepi's Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokedex entries.
Thus....

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Junko_Enoshima in her As Monokuma Key.

Versus

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Togepi In its... erm... Togepi Key.

(Yes, despite how the title may make it seem, this is in fact, a Versus Thread.)

Speed not equalized, unless it causes problems such as Speed Blitz.
Characters have their Optional Equipment.

Otherwise, Standard Battle Assumptions.

Yeah, Togepi doesn't exactly prevent people from fighting him, and Monokuma's a remote-controlled machine, so that's not gonna do anything. Anyway, Togepi's 0.62, Mono upscales from 0.40 tons of TNT

Togepi is way more versatile, so I could see it winning here, but Monokuma is outregiously good at prediction and can keep up with Sakura, and I'm not sure how well Togepi would do morale wise if he started being cut up.

It wouldn't work on a remote controlled robot tho...
I know, but Junko is 9-B or Unknown otherwise, which don't match up well with Togepi's tier.
Yeah, Togepi doesn't exactly prevent people from fighting him, and Monokuma's a remote-controlled machine, so that's not gonna do anything.
I'm aware. I just posted the quote because match-thematics. Junko loves, & seemingly even enjoys experiencing Despair, but Togepi brings happiness....
Also, I'd question if some Pokemon aren't mechanical themselves, but then again I suppose it was never made clear if Togepi can affect such Pokemon, lol. Either way, probably not that important, since other entries may mean it's kinda situational.

Last edited:
I mean, even if other Pokèmon are mechanic, they've still got some sort of intelligence, Monokuma is just a really advanced toaster

I mean, even if other Pokèmon are mechanic, they've still got some sort of intelligence, Monokuma is just a really advanced toaster
A toaster incapable of feeling emotions because he's purely a puppet for Junko? Also, if this is Junko as Monokuma, wouldn't she have emotions?
(Although, personally, I presume it's likely that this empathic manipulation is probably trivial for most of the match, & unlikely to be what decides the outcome.)

He's literally a tool, you can't make him feel emotions because he doesn't have any, it'd be like using empathic manipulation on a rifle. And she's probably outta range of that.

He's literally a tool, you can't make him feel emotions because he doesn't have any, it'd be like using empathic manipulation on a rifle. And she's probably outta range of that.
That's what I assumed based on your statement. Thank you for the clarification.
Anyway, the empathic manip-related quote was primarily brought up in the OP because of match thematics, & probably isn't important to the match's outcome.

I could debate, but as this is own my thread, I'm not to vote, so I feel me, the opening poster, doing much debate would be against the spirit of a Versus Thread.

Following but leaning on Junko atm. That Empathic manipulation sounds like a first move for Togepi.

Last edited:
Following but leaning on Junko atm. ThT Empathic manipulation sounds like a first move for Togepi.
"ThT"? Also, I seem to recall Misty's Togepi using Metronome fairly often. I'd also question if it would use Empathic Manipulation after it doesn't seem to work (Presuming it doesn't.), but as you said, "first move".

Should that be considered as a vote? Anyone else have anything they want to establish as a vote already?

Well, I was waiting for arguments before giving a vote, since Togepi has more than Empathic manipulation.

However, Metronome is not a guarantee. I guess I'll vote for Monokuma.

Well, I was waiting for arguments before giving a vote, since Togepi has more than Empathic manipulation.

However, Metronome is not a guarantee. I guess I'll vote for Monokuma.
My statistics may be inaccurate, & it is only Misty's Togepi, but unless someone else wants to check Togepi's canonical tactics/behaviour & such, it might be a while before I can check it.

(Still think it's a shame Junko has no keys matching Togepi except the one where she's Monokuma.)

Wait, can Togepi dynamax? What's the rule for that?

So, yes it can dynamax?

I am relatively certain a Togepi cannot actually do that. Wild Pokémon either are dynamax or are not, and only Trainer ones can temporarily use it, no?

I am relatively certain a Togepi cannot actually do that. Wild Pokémon either are dynamax or are not, and only Trainer ones can temporarily use it, no?
Dynamaxing is something exclusive to the galar region so if the fight doesn't take place there it can't dynamax naturally and if its a trainer togepi it only last 3 turns so Junko just Precognitions and Information Analysis everything, she does it with a mere glare at her opponent and learns everything history, abilities, thoughts, etc.
Monokuma/Junko should be more skilled and experienced in combat then some wild togepi as they are able to keep up with Sakura Ogami the ultimate martial artist and she could just overwhelm Togepi with her hundreds of Monokumas she has control over that's just the minimum number btw

going Junko/Monokuma via Skill, Experience, greater numbers, Precognition, and Information Analysis.

Last edited:
Back