• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 3 - Stardust Crusaders (Danganronpa Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_a_Random_Butler

Profile Enthusiast
VS Battles
Administrator
This may be shorter than the previous ones but forgive me, I've been researching less lately due to how busy I am but I'll get started. This is mostly not an upgrade but just bringing up points for a possible upgrade, so feel free to state your criticism if you somehow disagree or unsure of something. If I didn't make sense today, I am sorry, I've been tired lately.

The points that I'll make are going to be written below, ofc

New Talent
Ultimate Serial Killer
Since it is a talent that exists in the Danganronpa fandom, I just had to bring this up? However, I am neutral and I have issues with this, hear me out.

• Issues
    • How did she get the talent anyways and who called her that?
    • Did the Hope's Peak Academy research recruit her and researched her ability? But that would mean that she got into the school as Genocider Syo as well? The problem here is, this will create mass panic in the school.
    • It could also be self-made for self-explanatory reasons.
    • If Kamukura somehow gets the talent, the holder of the talent has a different motive of being a serial killer, doesn't this cancel out the purpose of putting Genoider Syo's talent because she only kills hot boys? Unless Kamukura inherits her skills but can also kill both genders.
  • However, if this point gets concluded, these are the things that will be added:
    • A lot of scissors in his arsenal.
    • Kamukura gets to know a lot of style or ways of killing others. (Possibly if the talent is considered general, unlike Genocider Syo, who was considered the Ultimate Serial Killer due to killing hot boys that she likes)
Note
This doesn't give Kamukura the exclusive ability of Takumi Hijirihara, called "Super Murder Mimicry" as he doesn't have a talent and seems to have only been displayed by him but at the same time, as we don't know if this came from him being a serial killer or a self-made ability he developed due to him being inspired by a certain serial killer. Not to mention, by just observing it with his Ultimate Analyst talent, Kamukura can mimic it almost, if not, flawless.

New Brainwashing Methods/Empathic Manipulation
Okay, so he already has a lot but I am going to tell you that we're going to talk about Hope and Despair here.

As you can see, Hope and Despair has some sort of Empathic Manipulation variety in them, but to make it easier to explain, I'll just put it down here:

Hope
Obtained and produced through unusual positivity or optimistic behavior.

Artificial Hope/Hope Video
Can be done by directly manipulate a person's brain with sensory tricks. It is stated that "the techniques used are subtle changes in coloration to stimulate the visual cortex, induction of eye movement to manipulate memory of the experience, and sound to control the viewer's focus." By using this technique, he can make himself a hope video and when someone watches it, they'll be forced to choose hope over despair and the person brainwashed can be commanded at will.

Despair
Obtained and produced extreme negativity. This can be easier if the user knows how a human brain works, in short, through psychology.

Artificial Despair/Suicide Video/Despair Video
Can be created similarly to how the Hope Video has been created. However, the result is different, instead of putting them into despair and being able to command them, the brainwashed person is put through immense guilt, negativity and despair, forcing them to torture, suicide or kill their own selves. This is the suicide video in action.

What is my point?
Kamukura can do all of those methods usually besides Hope, he's not the most hopeful person that you can see around but if he tried, he could probably do that as well. We can't forget that the Ultimate Impostor can imitate personalities as well, that includes Mr. Naegi's personality. Otherwise, Despair, is also possible, a guy suddenly attacked Kamukura after seeing his presence, this could likely be Enoshima's influence but I couldn't disagree more, since the guy was the last one alive in the murder and didn't have to fight.

Supergenius

Flaws and clearing up the Misunderstandings

This might be absurd but hear me out, his only flaws is he can't predict or analyze anything outside of logic but this almost doesn't relate to his Analyst ability to be honest since the only thing outside of logic for him is feelings and his existence and other Ultimates are already outside of logic in terms of human capacity, we all know that it's because he's extremely apathetic and emotionless due to the effect of the lobotomy not because his Ultimate Analyst has flaws, so, he has little to no understanding of human feelings, well he do (due to psychology and stuff as the Ultimate Neurologist) but not the contradictory feelings, for example, Nanami's feelings (he's confused on why she would sacrifice herself just to save him and not care about herself despite the situation she's in and actually made him cry at the end, which he found interesting as it's outside of his analytic personality), as we already discussed that everything outside of logic is confusing for him, so the flaws stay there on Kamukura's key.

TL;DR, if you have the ability to gain information, if you can't read or understand it, then it's worthless. It's why Kamukura had a flaw, which is his own self, being not able to understand motives of irrational actions due to the effects of the lobotomy made him ignorant in that field as well, not that the Ultimate Analyst had a flaw. (Correction, instead of being "not able to predict something outside of logic", change it into "outside of his comprehension" or something.)

An example of a misunderstanding regarding this talent

He correctly analyzed that the student that should've died by a chainsaw, nothing abnormal or a weakness about his Ultimate Analyst talent there but since despair was inflicted to the guy, it made him survive the immense injury from the chainsaw and attempted to shoot Kamukura out of spite, anger and madness (he hasn't experienced despair before because he lacks memories that revolves around despair due to the brainwashing of memories in the Kamukura project, and he got bamboozled because of that), similar to the Nanami situation, but instead it was hope (he also hasn't experienced hope before because he lacks memories that revolves around hope due to being brainwashed in the Kamukura project). In which the former got him to let his guard down accidentally. (Also going to mention that the bullet hurting him is PIS)
Enoshima doesn't have this flaw

Enoshima has also not mastered or understood perfectly the feeling of Despair, since she probably kept experiencing Hope and harmony (working with people?) which is why she got bored in the first place, which is why she went to the despair route, so that she can amuse herself because everything is just so predictable with her talent. In a way, she got Kamukura to work for her a little bit intentionally, as you can see, she used Kamukura to protect her from Komaeda and help her from finishing her plan of taking over the Neo World Program for the exchange of letting Kamukura observe a battle between Hope and Despair. I am sure they didn't have an agreement, just a bit of a manipulation. Which means, Enoshima can analyze feelings and human emotions, knowing how she knew a way to get him to her side by knowing how he feels, she's unlike Kamukura, who's emotionless due to the experiment, so therefore, she understands this field more than Kamukura does.

In short, Enoshima understands how feelings and emotions work but gets bored of the repetitive result and went to the despair route. Meaning, her Ultimate Analyst talent isn't ignorant to the emotional and feelings field, unlike Kamukura who's been brainwashed and emotionless which sometimes led him to question the motives of people's unreasonable actions (that's all and not much, it was just out of his comprehension, not logic), however, this problem can get fixed on Hajime/Izuru key.

However, it's a different case for Hajime/Izuru fusion, since in the fusion, he retains his original personality (Hajime Hinata) at the same time getting (Izuru Kamukura's) talents. Which means, the weakness that Kamukura originally had is possibly gone or the weakness gets smaller
Ultimate Analyst
Okay, back to the topic, why supergenius? With just a glance, he can instantly analyze someone or something with near, if not, perfect accuracy. Learning new information that way is supergenius level, right? Correct me if I am wrong.

For example, Kamukura was talking to Komaeda in a boat/ship? And then Kamukura said he was boring, despite Komaeda's complexity, so complex that his peers are actually creeped out by him and there are a lot of video analytics in the fandom trying to analyze Komaeda's life and his luck correctly. Not to mention, Kamukura has not been in a boat/ship before and yet in just few seconds, he got bored of the sound of it.

Check this video.

Also, unfortunately, I can't add the weakness of he can't exactly analyze something out of logic since it's too vague. Out of comprehension is better and easier to put on the weaknesses tab.

Conclusion

• He gets a lot of scissors on his equipment
  • He can force enemies to commit suicide now with his Suicide Video and gets the Suicide Video in his equipment. Enoshima can also have this equipment as she got her research from Ryota Mitarai, the Ultimate Animator himself.
  • He still retains his flaws as Izuru Kamukura and still has this flaw on the fusion key but the weakness gets smaller, as he loses his emotionless personality, so analyzing motives of an unreasonable action is a piece of cake to analyze, which is why it would be a piece of cake for Enoshima to read others and thus manipulating them and presumably Hajime/Izuru fusion as well.
  • He's still extraordinary genius but it will state that he's supergenius when it comes to learning new information.
References and Credits (PROCEED WITH CAUTION, YOU MAY ENCOUNTER SPOILERS)
 More about Junko Enoshima (as I may have used information in these links): Worship Junko!

 More about Izuru Kamukura: Long hair

 More about the talent, Ultimate Analyst: Izuru Kamukura's or Junko Enoshima's

 Regarding the Suicide Video: Music or in actio

Hmm... As Byakura found Genocide's secret book in Hope Peak Academy, So I think that the school should research about her and her ability. Not sure about recruitment since it's possible that she is a bonus from recruit Toko. But as the school should reasearch about her before. So I guess that they should put ability to Izuru too.

Agree about Despair thing. As Izuru should also contain with abilities that can influence feelings and emotions. So he should understand and use despair too.

Out of comprehension seem legit for me. I agree with this.

That's not likely to be Supergenius IMO. Reference from Intelligence page,

Supergenius: The highest level of non-omniscient intellect, possessed by those individuals with unfathomably superhuman intelligence and extensive mastery of most, or all, branches of science. Characters of such a scale tend to be super scientists capable of creating impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology even with just household items, and outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals. Supergeniuses can often easily process calculations beyond modern humanity's combined capabilities on their own, and quickly come up with extremely complex plans.

I doubt that Izuru can do something on that level. So, maybe not. But extraordinary genius seem to be ok.

i'll go with what Xan said about intellegence as seems to make sense he can't do that but the rest i agree FRA. Also title it stardust crusaders OVO

"He's still extraordinary genius but it will state that he's supergenius when it comes to learning new information."

Though I dunno if that's how it works so I am asking.

Also title it stardust crusaders OVO
-TISSG7Redgrave

Thanks

Bump,

Another issue I forgot to mention was brainwashing through poking needles on the brain, is that considered Acupuncture or just still Empathic Manipulation as it's not usable in combat?

Users of this kind of ability is Izuru Kamukura, Mukuro Ikusaba (with Junko Enoshima's guide?), Junko Enoshima (Possibly came from Yasuke, as she got all her memory and mind manipulation research mostly from her boyfriend), Possibly Yasuke Matsuda?? Based on what I can see.

Also, thanks, I'll be adding the new brainwashing method of suicide video?? Also the talent and equipment of Toko too? Or does that need further discussion.

Well, I guess that it's one of Acupuncture techniques since it use needles. List of characters who can use this is ok IMO. I guess that it can be added.

I'll be using "Possible" as a keyword to be safe then.

Izuru Kamukura/Hajime Hinata: "Possible Acupuncture (Should be capable of utilizing needles as a weapon, which can also be used for brainwashing)" (ALSO a variation of another Empathic Manipulation via Suicide Video by Suicide and then equipment will have Genocider Syo's scissors now)

Should I put "Possible" on Izuru's profile or nah?

Mukuro Ikusaba: "Acupuncture (Is capable of utilizing needles as a weapon and can use the needles for brainwashing)"

Junko Enoshima: "Possible Acupuncture (Should be capable of utilizing needles as a weapon and as a brainwashing method as most of her brainwashing methods came from Yasuke Matsuda's research)"

Also, didn't he also use Pressure Points on Mukuro? (I kinda forgot but, I am pretty sure a simple push can't disable someone that much)

Oh yeah and another bump.

"Santa used his knowledge of botany to create carnivorous plants and research to help destroy the Rhinogradentia from invading the Earth."

Not the Christmas mascot, it's the Ultimate Botanist. Unfortunately, I couldn't agree that time with CursedGentleman because I was lazy to create a description in the talent but I just realized that it's optional.

"Operation: ABC (Absolute Bombing Cones) gathering Santa's bio-genetic pine cones and gathering as much of the Rhinogradentia in one place as possible before lighting the cones on fire and causing them to explode, lighting the mansion of fire."

Credits to the DGR wiki btw, and this can count as "Rearrange the genetic structure in plants, including creation of mutant plants." or "Plant Attacks"?? As said in Plant Manipulation, however, this requires prep, to be safe again. If this gets added, Izuru will of course, presumably, gain a lot of knowledge in the field of Botany in his intelligence section. Mentioning this in that section is optional however, just like the talents section. If we want to continue further, his knowledge of botany can be useful in the Medication section, as the Ultimate Nurse or Ultimate Pharmacist and he also gets at least some basic understanding of biology (mostly things needed in plant biology/botany) at least to create a "Monokuma Flower, a flower that can eat paper, plastics and people"? Yeah, I am weird.

Oh yeah and Extrasensory Perception as the Ultimate Analyst, analyzing and reading the capabilities of an individual and of course it has precog too which is why ESP?? In the ESP category, as since it mostly requires his eyes to instantly analyze them when he "looks" at the opponents but of course his Ultimate Analyst is not only limited to sight but I am still unsure so, this is more like a suggestion.

This is a different topic now but why I suggested Izuru to have supergenius, at least only about learning new stuff, he still has the Extraordinary Genius intellect, but "he's the person intended to spread hope by having every talent known to mankind, allowing him to act as a paragon for others to aspire to and lead the human race into a golden age." and also "was meant to be used as a help to the Ultimates if they somehow struggle in their fields of expertise" which is said in the words of: "he was to be occasionally used by some people who needed his talents to create hope" (which means his mastery and knowledge in every fields of his expertise should be at near-perfect or at perfect level), which is why Izuru said that they would eventually leech off his talent. Not to mention that when he doesn't know something, he looks at it and instantly analyzes it with 100% accuracy, so to be safe, I was suggesting only Supergenius when it comes to "learning new information". He's supposed to help everyone in the school on their problems so he knows even probably the complex branches of science of some sort (as the Ultimate Physicist) and not to mention, it was mentioned "after building a several hundred years long reputation of producing exemplary Ultimate graduates who go on to be experts in their profession throughout the professional world, the school built a second school building upon its campus and opened it to non-Ultimate Reserve Course students who paid a fee to attend", this means that the school has been up and researching for several hundred years and continued to apply the research to someone else by using the money that they just now have got from the Reserve Course, imagine how many batches of Ultimates can there be and how many talents there are. I am just stating the reason, not suggesting it again, so no worries.

Plant Manip with prep seem legit. I agree.

That doesn't look like ESP if you ask me. Izuru'sprecog come from his instant analysis that make him can predict his opponent's movement. It's different from sensing energy which is True meaning of ESP. I guess that Information Analysis is better for this.

I'm still not sure about "supergenius on learning new stuff" since I'm not 100% on theory for this. If those thing can be called "supergenius on learning new stuff" thn I'mfine with it.

What you described is nowhere near supergenius level. Supergeniuses can create alternate universes and warp reality in almost any manner that they want with spare parts from their wardrobes.

What you described is nowhere near supergenius level. Supergeniuses can create alternate universes and warp reality in almost any manner that they want with spare parts from their wardrobes.
-Antvasima

Well, the moment Xanx disagreed, already scrapped it but thanks for giving me the main idea.

Okay. You said that we should close this thread on my message wall. Do you still think that this is a good idea?

You can close it, the only scrapped and disagreed part was the supergenius part, the others are already applied or agreed on.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back