• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

if all animals that are in Earth (it include insects etc everything that is animal) had the same Mass and Size, which one would win?

Anyway my personal contender for "strongest":

1. Bombadier beetle (Or really any acid spraying animal) - Crazy Chemical cannon that instantly kills equally sized opponents, most of whom can't really survive 100 degrees Celsius of acid, it should be enough. Weakness being against animals with sufficient enough resistance or protection to them.
  2. Poisonous animals like dart frogs and jellyfish - Jellyfish are practically immortal and dart frogs cannot be touched. But there are predators specially adapted to resist their poisons like sea turtles
  3. Mantis shrimp and pistol shrimp - Pure, raw AP. Mantis shrimps can deliver an attack at the speed of a .22 caliber bullet, and instantly incapacitates most equally sized opponents. Pistol shrimps can use their incredibly strong claws to generate cavitation bubbles that are 4000 degrees Celsius. Both strike the water so hard they generate a vacuum bubble so if that gets translated to larger sizes, it's over for most opponents, even those with sufficient protection

Mantis shrimp and pistol shrimp - Pure, raw AP. Mantis shrimps can deliver an attack at the speed of a .22 caliber bullet, and instantly incapacitates most equally sized opponents. Pistol shrimps can use their incredibly strong claws to generate cavitation bubbles that are 4000 degrees Celsius. Both strike the water so hard they generate a vacuum bubble so if that gets translated to larger sizes, it's over for most opponents, even those with sufficient protection
But this is underwater right? Mantis Shrimps are indeed strong in water but most of the battles would take place on land and I don't think they can exert the same force on land.

But this is underwater right? Mantis Shrimps are indeed strong in water but most of the battles would take place on land and I don't think they can exert the same force on land.
Well if we assume SBA where characters are in environments where they're at they're most effective. You still have to realize we are translating a force that strong and sizing it up still, making Mantis Shrimps able to deal damage at bullet speeds still.

I'd say Tardigrades. (aka water bears) They're the only animal we know of that can survive the vacuum of space, can survive atmospheric reentry, can live just about anywhere, can go into stasis when frozen or dried out, and are just all-around badasses. They may not have the same AP as shrimp, but I don't know that a mantis shrimp could kill one the same size as itself.

A Tardigrade is hardy but I'm pretty sure those resistances to extreme environments don't translate to durability. Plenty of animals comparable in size prey on tardigrades, and tardigrades lack weaponry to really kill anyone.

Tardigrade resistances pretty much only matter in their stasis. When they’re hydrated they’re quite unspectacular, with nothing notable aside from certain species having good pressure resistance.
If you want an actual tank, look at the diabolical ironclad beetle, which can withstand forces up to 39000x its weight. This would likely make it one of if not the only creature that could withstand being hit by a mantis shrimp of comparable weight without significant injury. Humans with equipment are the only animal that could pierce it with physical force, though I doubt the shell protects it too thoroughly from acid and temperature attacks.

Wasnt it a stuff from pistol shimp?
I mean both can generate cavitation bubbles under water with the impact of their hits, this low pressure area generates and collapses so quickly that it can (briefly) get as hot as 4000C, and hits with the force of a .22 caliber bullet. So basically it's a one-two combo if you're underwater. Pistol shrimps tend to just use cavitation bubbles only but mantis shrimps use the force alongside the cavitation bubble.

Being hit this hard when you're equally sized against a mantis shrimp usually means instant incapacitation, unless you're an ironclad beetle which I only learned about today.

It's heat generate by the collapse of the bubble. It usually happens incredibly briefly though, so it's not the main source for damage. More of a byproduct on the sheer force they strike with. Hence the name "pistol shrimp" since they weaponized these cavitation bubbles to deal damage at an extended range

Square cube law kills most of them if we are sizing up or sizing down no matter what so what animal are we using as the baseline.

Anyway insects are invertebrates which is part of animal kingdom.
A lot of dinosaurs loose what makes them so strong. octopus probably do decent

Weapon choice obviously heavily matters, gun stuff is when it starts tipping in their favor, but small-arms fire probably won't work with animals with special immortalities. Several animals don't really have a fatal spot and don't necessarily die if you hit somewhere sensitive.

Yes, but is proven they would be able to survive nukes, and some theorize that even a planetary explosion too.
thats because they resist radiation, not due having Planetary durability

Weaknesses: Although water bears are able to survive extreme conditions, incredible pressures, armageddon and even outer space, their small size makes their physical durability practically nonexistent, and they are killed by the millions by snails and slugs. To achieve the indestructibility they were claimed to have, they need to convert themselves into a cryptobiotic state called a "tun."

I'm not knowledgeable on their durability so I'd like to know how those animals would tank a punch that moves so fast it creates 4000C underwater.

Very though skin and a bite force stronger than a Jaguar and a Nile crocodile.
At the same size, many invertebrates will have much stronger bites. To give some examples:
Mosquitos are estimated to apply a pressure of 20GPa when stabbing during their bites (enough to nearly cause their needles to break), equivalent to over 2900000 psi. Saltwater crocodiles go up to 3900 psi.
Cockroaches’ bite force are about 50x their own weight, in comparison the saltwater crocodile’s bite force is only 3-4x it’s own weight.

At the same size, many invertebrates will have much stronger bites. To give some examples:
Mosquitos are estimated to apply a pressure of 20GPa when stabbing during their bites (enough to nearly cause their needles to break), equivalent to over 2900000 psi. Saltwater crocodiles go up to 3900 psi.
Cockroaches’ bite force are about 50x their own weight, in comparison the saltwater crocodile’s bite force is only 3-4x it’s own weight.
how strong are a red ant bite if it had a big size like in this match? how much psi?

That's also the curious thing about upsizing, do insects keep the ratio of force that they naturally have when they were small? Because the strength they have is only technically possible because they're small. If you keep those strengths even when they get big, you have essentially superpowered animals.

For reference, if you upscaled a trapjaw ant to 250kg, it would have Class K lifting strength. A bear of similar weight doesn't even make it past Class 1.

Back