• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I saw someone was doing Ichigo vs Vegeta, so I decided to do this on an impulse. Hopefully this is a fair & reasonable, or at least forgivable match-up.
Speed Equalized.
Both at At Least 9-A.

Vote Counts:
Ichigo: 7 (KatBoi69, ElixirBlue, RandomGuy2345, Shizuka, The_Mysterious_Star, RazumaHiroki, Teezar)
Goku: 0

Last edited:
I vote Ichigo. Better hax and better durability.
Assuming it is Durability within At Least 9-A, does Goku have win conditions in spite of her Durability? Or is it the case that he can damage her despite her Durability?
Ex: Depleting her stamina, means of BFR, or restraining/incapacitating her?

Last edited:
Assuming it is Durability within At Least 9-A, does Goku have win conditions in spite of her Durability?
Ex: Depleting her stamina, means of BFR, or restraining/incapacitating her?
Ok, to elaborate:

I mean it's a pretty simple comparison. Even if you take each strictly in the "at least 9-A key" across all stats, with speed equal, and their dura even equal on strict interpretation, what does the fight come down to? Hax. Both have ranged attacks, but one, Ichigo, has future sight via toonforce, attacks that perform matter manipulation, healing, and magic (which includes shielding).

Int is a wash (they're both dumb).

Goku has advantages in stamina, range and fighting skill (maybe equipment).

Equipment thing is iffy because part of Ichigo's matter manip is like "returning things to their natural state" which plays out in the series as removing magical enchantment/corruption fairly often. I think she can just hit the power pole and make it a stick, or hit the nimbus and make it a regular cloud.

Pretty much Goku winning this would look like kiting from a range or getting in really close and trying to bully with martial arts. I think kiting is out of character but someone can say otherwise. I also think with speed equal, Goku trying to close the distance to Ichigo is going to be dangerous for him because he'll need to dodge matter manipulating blasts.

Ok, to elaborate:

I mean it's a pretty simple comparison. Even if you take each strictly in the "at least 9-A key" across all stats, with speed equal, and their dura even equal on strict interpretation, what does the fight come down to? Hax. Both have ranged attacks, but one, Ichigo, has future sight via toonforce, attacks that perform matter manipulation, healing, and magic (which includes shielding).

Int is a wash (they're both dumb).

Goku has advantages in stamina, range and fighting skill (maybe equipment).

Equipment thing is iffy because part of Ichigo's matter manip is like "returning things to their natural state" which plays out in the series as removing magical enchantment/corruption fairly often. I think she can just hit the power pole and make it a stick, or hit the nimbus and make it a regular cloud.

Pretty much Goku winning this would look like kiting from a range or getting in really close and trying to bully with martial arts. I think kiting is out of character but someone can say otherwise. I also think with speed equal, Goku trying to close the distance to Ichigo is going to be dangerous for him.
Seems reasonable. Thank you for your response. Your vote has been counted, & a vote count total has been added to the opening post of this thread.

Ichigoat FRA.
Your vote has been added to the vote count in the opening post. With this, it has now reached 7 to 0 in Ichigo's favor. Assuming all the votes are valid, a 24 hour grace period should begin. If anyone wishes to debate or vote further in this match, it is recommended to do so before this period ends.

Your vote has been added to the vote count in the opening post. With this, it has now reached 7 to 0 in Ichigo's favor. Assuming all the votes are valid, a 24 hour grace period should begin. If anyone wishes to debate or vote further in this match, it is recommended to do so before this period ends.
I believe we are past the 24 hour mark.

Then grace period has ended. I'm unfamiliar with the process, as I usually don't operate Versus Threads, but I believe the thread now needs to be submitted to the Versus Threads Additions Thread.
Edit: I believe I have done so now.

Then grace period has ended. I'm unfamiliar with the process, as I usually don't operate Versus Threads, but I believe the thread now needs to be submitted to the Versus Threads Additions Thread.
Edit: I believe I have done so now.
Nice.

I THINK Pilaf Saga based on previous convos with OP, but you should wait for their confirmation.
Which conversation do you mean? If I did give indication, that may be important, because....
Just to be sure, which 9-A key is Goku in?
Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

By "strongest", does SBA mean purely by Tier rating (Ex: 9-B isn't stronger than another 9-B, but 9-A is.), or does it mean accounting for any calculations/feat yields?
& does "the most recent version" mean:
A. Whichever appeared last in the series's timeline? (Ex: A character from several years into the future is the most recent version.)
B. Whichever was introduced to the audience most recently, especially going by the timeline of The Real World?
C. Whichever was added to the Wiki's profile for that character the most recently?

Sorry for my confusion/stupidity.
After all, it's probably important to determine whether it was Pilaf Saga or 21st Budokai Goku in this match.

Which conversation do you mean? If I did give indication, that may be important, because....

Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

By "strongest", does SBA mean purely by Tier rating (Ex: 9-B isn't stronger than another 9-B, but 9-A is.), or does it mean accounting for any calculations/feat yields?
A. Whichever appeared last in the series's timeline? (Ex: A character from several years into the future is the most recent version.)
B. Whichever was introduced to the audience most recently, especially going by the timeline of The Real World?
C. Whichever was added to the Wiki's profile for that character the most recently?

After all, it's probably important to determine whether it was Pilaf Saga or 21st Budokai Goku in this match.
I mean you specified one of the 9-A keys. I think they're just asking which one.

I mean you specified one of the 9-A keys. I think they're just asking which one.
Yes, & my opinion is I don't think I had given any thought to which of the two At Least 9-A Keys for Goku to use. Therefore, in the absence of my specification, I defer to Standard Battle Assumptions to determine which key would be assumed is used.

We have an answer
Which of the two is it, then, based on SBA's criteria? I'm a bit confused on the matter, as shown by the criteria to consider I brought up earlier:

Which of the two is it, then, based on SBA's criteria? I'm a bit confused on the matter, as shown by the criteria to consider I brought up earlier:
I believe with separate keys you are free to choose either. The two keys you're choosing for goku aren't significantly different iirc. There's just a speculative "possibly higher" in the second (because he trains for the budokai but never demonstrates any significantly new feats (except in speed, which is equalized).

Last edited:
I believe with separate keys you are free to choose either. The two keys you're choosing for goku aren't significantly different iirc. There's just a speculative "possibly higher" in the second (because he trains for the budokai but
I didn't choose one. But I guess looking at SBA, it would be 21st Budokai Goku, since he's the strongest canon version of the two that we have listed.

I didn't choose one. But I guess looking at SBA, it would be 21st Budokai Goku, since he's the strongest canon version of the two that we have listed.
I think that SBA rule is for situations where a person just says, "goku vs. ichigo" but doesn't specify the key.

Either way, it doesn't change any stats, or my reasoning/opinion.

It would effect Goku’s skill, but more so, it’s harder to write the match on the profiles if you don’t know which key was being used.

Back