• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Kurosaki vs Danny Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Danny may be able to take this. Since he has all the same abilities as when he's in his ghost form, I don't know how Ichigo will get past intangibility. Ichigo is a more experienced fighter, but Getsuga isn't going to do anything if Danny phases through it.

Ichigo wins in speed and equals in raw destructive power, but Danny has more versatility (ghost rays, cryokinesis, telekinesis, invisibility, etc.). I vote Danny. Just barely.

Good fight.

I also vote for Danny due to his abilities but the fight can go either way.

Good fight indeed.

If you can't hit your opponent, then your just wasting time and energy trying to hit them, and like x heart ichigo is the more experienced fighter, so I got him on this

Speed doesnt always decide the victor and it will be pointless anyway since Danny is intangible, so Ichigo can't blitz him regardless.

Im also voting for Danny. Ichigo may have better speed but like I just established its useless against phasing/intangibility and experience isnt gonna help against someone who is more versatile and, well, actually has hax.

^You keep forgetting the fact that in the ecto-skeleton suit, danny loses energy at a very fast pace which isn't a good thing when your opponet is faster then you, always i'm pretty sure seeing how danny is a ghost, ichigo can just use konso on him...

Konso has never been used in combat so its unlikely that it can be used here against Danny. Also due to Verse Equalization Konso would likely be useless. I mean, where else is Danny gonna go, the Ghost Zone? He can come back from that.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Konso has never been used in combat so its unlikely that it can be used here against Danny. Also due to Verse Equalization Konso would likely be useless. I mean, where else is Danny gonna go, the Ghost Zone? He can come back from that.
It dosen't matter if it's been used in combat or not, when ichigo figures out that danny is a ghost, he'll atempt to use it on him

and i'm not sure how it would be useless here....

It does matter because if its not a combat technique then he can't use it here. If anything he'd have to pin Danny down first before Konsoing him and thats not happening until Ichigo defeats him, which defeats the whole point on using Konso if he cant use it til he wins. And that also assumes Danny ever figures out he's a ghost.

Also I just explained why its useless. Due to Verse Equalization if Danny was to ever be Konso'd he'd likely just be sent back to the Ghost Zone like any other ghost in the show does and that won't stop him since he can come back from that.

It does matter because if its not a combat technique then he can't use it here. If anything he'd have to pin Danny down first before Konsoing him and thats not happening until Ichigo defeats him, which defeats the whole point on using Konso if he cant use it til he wins. And that also assumes Danny ever figures out he's a ghost.
Also I just explained why its useless. Due to Verse Equalization if Danny was to ever be Konso'd he'd likely just be sent back to the Ghost Zone like any other ghost in the show does and that won't stop him since he can come back from that.
If you have something that's part of your aresanl that you haven't tried yet, when all your other moves won't work why not try it? I'm pretty sure ichigo will figure out danny is ghost mid fight, his no that dumb...

When using konso, the pulse (or ghost) goes to the ss, not the ghost zone....also you still haven't refuted the my point on the ecto skeleton yet...

Power wont matter much when Danny is much more versatile. Ichigo has literally almost no hax so even if Danny weakens his hax can save him.

Because its not in-character? Or maybe because Ichigo has never used Konso in a fight? He would have done so against enemies like the Arrancar if he could. So there is no reason to assume he would use it here. And he'd still need to pin danny down long enough to do so and seeing as how Danny has intangibility, he can't be Konso'd as the Zanpakuto has to make contact with him in order to Konso him.

Verse Equalization questions that. This fight is not taking place in Bleach, its in an equal setting. So there's no way of knowing for sure if he'd go to the SS or Ghost Zone.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I've seen this Konso argument somewhere before and I'm confused why it is often used as an argument when it has never been shown to be combat applicable before.
I think I tried getting it added to the Bleach pages before and I remember someone giving reasons why it couldnt.

X Heart of Steel x said:
I actually think Danny may be able to take this. Since he has all the same abilities as when he's in his ghost form, I don't know how Ichigo will get past intangibility. Ichigo is a more experienced fighter, but Getsuga isn't going to do anything if Danny phases through it.
Ichigo wins in speed and equals in raw destructive power, but Danny has more versatility (ghost rays, cryokinesis, telekinesis, invisibility, etc.). I vote Danny. Just barely.

Good fight.
Danny: 1

Ichigo: 0

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
If you can't hit your opponent, then your just wasting time and energy trying to hit them, and like x heart ichigo is the more experienced fighter, so I got him on this
Danny: 2

Ichigo: 1

Speed doesnt always decide the victor and it will be pointless anyway since Danny is intangible, so Ichigo can't blitz him regardless.
Im also voting for Danny. Ichigo may have better speed but like I just established its useless against phasing/intangibility and experience isnt gonna help against someone who is more versatile and, well, actually has hax.
Danny: 3

Ichigo: 1

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
^You keep forgetting the fact that in the ecto-skeleton suit, danny loses energy at a very fast pace which isn't a good thing when your opponet is faster then you, always i'm pretty sure seeing how danny is a ghost, ichigo can just use konso on him...
Danny: 3

Ichigo: 2

It's 4-1 though. You counted Peter's vote twice. Also, no need to quote someone's reply before counting their vote. You can just do so and specify the person(s) in bracket if necessary.

Unlikely. Ichigo has almost no hax, while Danny does. And with prep Danny can access his parents lab for Ghost weapons that work well against spiritual beings.

Gear2ndGandalf said:
I vote for Ichigo.
Ichigo has a soul cutter so there's no way he can't land a hit on Danny.

Why would that matter? Intangibility is intangibility.

That's like saying he can cut Lille when he goes intangible. Just because he has a soul cutter doesn't make it an exception

^Danny has a tendency to be cocky and forget to use abilities until the last second he needs it, which is probably why his page says that. Also, the intangibility sometimes dodges everything while at other times energy attacks knock him out of it, so there's no guarantee that ichigo can't getsuga him out of the intangibility. That said, Ichigo has one attack vs Danny having energy beams, cryo, ghost wail, duplication, etc. Though, IF he's dumb enough to try to possess Ichigo then the hollow side might screw with him just like the Bleach zanpakutou filler. As for 5 minutes prep, Danny HAS used similar prep times to take a satchel into combat with things such as: ghost gauntlets, spectre deflector which would work on ichigo's shinigami side since Ichigo leaves his body, and such. So even if Danny is forced to abandon the suit if it drains him, he has extra cards to whip out and pull off more surprises. Also for the Konso: Never once in the entirety of bleach has it been shown in combat, and since this is a site that operates on feats,no, Ichigo cannot use a RITUAL that is used in a peaceful setting to send someone on to SS on Danny. Especially since Danny is half human still and still bound to physical world. Sure Danny COULD let it happen, but might not even work and if it works on ghost force, Danny can change back to human and stop it, then go right back to ghost.

In short, SOME advantages Danny has aren't going to work completely, but he has a LOT more to bring to the fight than even those voting for him have brought up. So Ichigo gonna get his ass kicked. Vote Danny.

Forgot to also mention the special upgraded version of the gauntlets that has spikes to rip and separate people who aren't wholely one thing. (split Danny between his ghost and human sides), so he can also split Ichigo between his reaper, hollow, and Quincy sides. Since this is early Ichigo, the fight just becomes a cluster**** at that point for him which Danny being the only one capable of winning. The prep time, even while small, makes this heavily in Danny's favor.

Danny: 7

Ichigo: 2

Danny has won the battle!!! Once the 24h grace period is over this can be added to their pages.

So why is Danny Phantom allowed to be intangible while Ichigo isn't? The fight isn't verse equalized nor has "standard battle rules" applied which also applies verse equalization and even if it did Ichigo is a spirit in the first place. There is no reason for him to not be able to hit Danny in any state. Shinigami have been shown to affect the physical world as well.

So someone please explain to me this bias.

Rune Katashima said:
So why is Danny Phantom allowed to be intangible while Ichigo isn't? The fight isn't verse equalized nor has "standard battle rules" applied which also applies verse equalization and even if it did Ichigo is a spirit in the first place. There is no reason for him to not be able to hit Danny in any state. Shinigami have been shown to affect the physical world as well.

So someone please explain to me this bias.
There is no bias.

Verse Equalization is part of the Standard Battle Assumptions. It does not need to be specified. The only time those assumptions don't come into play is if the OP specifies certain assumptions such as speed, location, victory conditions, etc. Otherwise, the SBA takes precedence.

Soul Reapers and Hollows, in the Bleach-verse, can still be hit by physical objects. Chad was able to strike a Hollow with a telephone pole. The only character in Bleach that has actual Intangibility (to my knowledge) is Lille Barro who has specifically displayed this ability. Despite being Spirits, Soul Reapers and Hollows are still solid by Bleach's own rules. They are even composed of the spiritual equivalent of matter, Reishi.

In Danny Phantom, ghosts can be solid and interact with the physical world or become intangible and pass through solid matter/attacks.

Ichigo has never displayed the ability to harm or fight intangible beings. He simply does not possess that power or capability. Verse Equalization, which is in play, does not grant him abilities he does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back