• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I shoot myself in the neck once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wokistan

Their range exactly is?

OP says SBA...so 4km appart. But Medaka knows about the assasins. So she can erase them before they get in range.

Erase gets nulled due to being blanks, and since Medaka knows that there's one somewhere, the siezures and shit ensue. Happened to Ahriman from further away, and he wasn't even there in the flesh like Medaka is. They're also intangible to non physical attacks, and very difficult to perceive. An entire army of emotionless rubric marines, which otherwise wouldn't suffer from the Celexus, didn't notice one just waltz up to their leader and shoot him.

So they can't null from that far away? Also the siezures won't stop Medaka, she has pretty good brain control via hax. So why don't they get erased exactly?

Culexus are basically a psychic/supernatural dead zones due the very nature of their existence. Hence, such abilities literally just stop working when used against a Culexus, passing through it like it's not even there. A good example is from the novel Nemesis, which also demonstrates what happens to people with psychic powers when exposed to the Culexus:

The guardian, half in and half out of the door, coughed suddenly and blood spluttered from his mouth. He turned, the pain in his skull burning like cold fire, as a figure in glistening black fell the distance from the roof to the courtyard floor. A ring of invisible force radiated out from it, causing a halo of rain to vaporise into mist.

"Kill her!" shouted the warlord, his voice high and filled with terror. "Kill her!"

The psyker took a foot in the spine and Jun shoved him out of the safety of the car, onto his knees. The gull wing door slammed shut and sealed tight.
The Culexus assassin stepped forwards as the guardian got up again, catching sight of the rain rolling down the contours of her skull-helm, dripping from the orbit of the single ruby eye as if she were weeping. The guardian reached inside himself and went deep, past the blazing pain, past the horrific wave of nothingness that threatened to drown him. He found a breath of fire and released it.

The pyrokinetic pulse chugged into existence, streaming from his twitching fingertips. The blast hit the Culexus dead on, and she backed away, shaking her distended steel head; but the tiny flare of hope the guardian experienced died a second later as the fire ebbed, almost as if it had been pulled into the ribbing of the assassin's sinister garb.

He was aware of the car moving forwards in fits and starts, but his attention could not stray from the grinning, angular skull. The sapphire eye-clutch shimmered and the punishing gaze of the weapon known as the animus speculum was turned upon him.

Power, raw and inchoate, sucked in from the fabric of the warp and from the guardian's abortive attack, drawn in like light from the event horizon of a singularity, was now unleashed. A pulse of energy flashed from the psychic cannon and blasted the warlord's bodyguard backward, slamming him into the wall of the courtyard. As he tumbled to the ground, he combusted from within, the fire consuming his flesh and his screams.

Ok fair enough, will it really work doe?

I mean All Fiction doesn't travel and it never connects. Will the dead zone prevent history from getting a "cut" in the part when they were created/born (whatever was their beginning). I mean will that dead zone work when it didn't even exist?

That argument would work against Scar Dead, possibly Encounter (preventing dmg from being transfered there or just bypassing that shield and going beyond whatever may happen), icefire, mind read etc etc.

So im tending to think All Fiction would work seeing as it prevents something from happening, prevents their creation where their null didn't exist either.

Powers can't activate in their presence or really affect them. AF won't be able to go off, even if its just an event. Tons of psyker powers are similar, Celexuses aren't affected. ALso, keep in mind that the mental trauma affected Ahzek Ahrima through his astral projection, and Ahzek's resisted far greater mindhax then Medaka in the past. They'd likely null Medaka just from her knowing that one's in the area, all things considered, and mentally she'd be in extreme anguish and pain. Medaka probably won't even perceive them before taking a blast of true void and dying horribly, if the Celexus deems getting closer too dangerous.

Medaka also doesn't open with stuff like all fiction in character. SHe's not bloodlusted in every vs thread. As for the assassin, most of their stuff is passive and their entire existence is dedicated to emotionless and efficient killing.

When it comes to the Culexus, that's not going to work. Supernatural abilities just do not effect it. Again, it's like it's not even there. Such abilities just simply have no influence on it to begin with. hence why they're called Untouchables.

Basically, All Fiction is trying to erase something that it cannot even influence.

Basically, think of the difference between taking a gun and trying to shoot something very durable, and trying to shoot something that doesn't exist. WIth infinite time, maybe you'd eventually effect the durable object, but she's not hitting something not there.

Wokistan said:
Medaka probably won't even perceive them before taking a blast of true void and dying horribly, if the Celexus deems getting closer too dangerous.
Don't forget the Psyk-out Grenades. Them things are nasty. I'd argue worse than the negative warp blasts.

The people who've been confirmed to override this with psychic power are magnus and the emperor, both of whom break the psyker scale to begin with and one of whom is a literal god. Abaddon's noted to have killed many of these dudes, but he's got more than just psyker powers and probably just did something else. It's beyond Medaka's pay grade.

Ok then i have 1 last question.

Why isn't this closed for stomp already?

For Medaka this guys are literally an upgraded version of Kharn.

Like seriously Medaka has more chance of beating Kharn with these rules than she has beating these guys. I mean at least the darned bastard (kharn) is tangible. I mean a hax fighter, with restricted hax vs intangible dudes....

Also while we'r talking about stomp. Why is Medaka vs Nihilus not a stomp? Like if someone literally beats you by existing, how is that not 1 sidded af?

Medaka can just, you know, punch them. Kharn skillstomps her and is too durable for her to hurt, even if Khorne's stronger null has rules to it and its not just absolutely everything. Idk why Nihilus isn't a stomp, but I'm fairly sure there was a reason somewhere. Celexuses aren't intangible against physical stuff. They're dedicated anti magic assasins, and as such are really good against the likes of chaos and rouge psykers. I kinda see where you could consider this stompish, but I personally think its counteracted by their durability.

Wasn't the argument vs "medaka waves her fan" : They are intangable?

Medaka waves her fan was my 1st argument. Their durability is litearlly fodder, so how do they avoid losing here?

Has she been shown to create a 5-C pressure wave of air by waving her fan before? I feel like that never happened, and she still can't perceive them and feels terrible mentally.

Building level durability compared to a girl who punched the moon out of existence. You do know the difference right? Also depending on how terrible she feels mentally this might truly be a stomp.

So we got an intangable Kharn that absorbed Nihilus and Medaka is supposed to fight?

Yes I know she has the physical capability to do that but fiction doesn't usually treat tier 6+ as accidentally destroying shit by moving, so unless the character uses shockwaves for actual attacks like All Might and Cole MacGrath do you can't really assume she can do that. I mean, Celexuses can incap people pretty bad, and even normal people's lives are changed for the worse with one encounter with a blank, so it may be. I'd wait for what others say. She can just flick one though.

She beats the casuals in her verse by literally rushing towards them.

Besides fiction doesn't tread that cus imagine goku walking around, he'd literally brush off the city by turning his head. That's why it doesn't count. We do use that here though.

And lastly she uses weapons, from guns, to swords to scythes, and even balls. She can literally throw a rubber ball at them and incap them.

Yeah she'd probably just straight up die if she just charges the assassin without even being able to pinpoint its location. We actually don't give everyone tier 7+ shockwave/air pressure attacks, even though logically they can do that. Apparently Omega minuses can kill daemons with their very presence. Now, to be fair, Daemons are pure warp energy given form. The exact opposite of what this sort of being is, and as such they're hit even harder than powerful psykers. Its still certainly too much for Medaka's mind to handle, if not her body as well. These types of people are known for how they feed off the energy of Psykers, and can turn the Psyker's own power against them. Medaka's admittedly got a lot of power that can be used to burn herself out with. This may be kinda stompy, still not sure. It's not really an issue if the match just kinda gets forgotten though.

Burn herself out? U mean as in stamina (cough infinite)?

Also mind **** aside. Medaka takes this, i believe we can all agree on that. Now to the main point. The mind ****.....wait....Medaka has Ultra Instinct (reflexive movements without brain involvement, even illusions (of any level was stated in the show) are useless as they affect the brain which is obsolete in Medaka's movement). So she should be able to bypass the Mind ****.

Burn herself out as in she may end up consumed by her own powers. Medaka only takes it if she can land a hit, which probably not considering passive mindfuck to the point of inducing seizures on Ahriman through his projection, they're basically invisible, and dodging attacks shouldn't be a problem. Also, Medaka doesn't know where they are. Their anti warp properties affect more than just the physical brain, otherwise Daemons wouldn't literally die in their presence.

Given that Ahriman already resists better mindhax then Medaka does, Medaka's resists being against control and physical mindhax, and that her abilties don't work properly as is, I'm not sure why you're dismissing the effectiveness of their nature as Pariahs. THe more magical/spiritual/whatever power one has, the worse these guys affect them, and Medaka sure has a lot.

"Her abilities don't work properly as is"

Ok so i was following up till the last 2 msgs. Now im a bit lost.

How do their negate Medaka's need for brain action?

You've already agreed that their power null works. THat's what the part you quoted refers to. I have no idea what "How do they negate Medaka's need for brain action" means though.

Wokistan said:
You've already agreed that their power null works. THat's what the part you quoted refers to. I have no idea what "How do they negate Medaka's need for brain action" means though.
@Part in bold. I mean her brain doesn't do stuff for her body. Like she even did something by mistake due to that (hit someone). So her body thinks for itself. Without a lack for brain. His body parts do the work instead of his brain, that's the deal. (even mind manipulation or lying to the eye wouldn't work as the body can't be lied the same way the eye and mind can).

And about that power null. Medaka can literally casually punch the earth and obliterate them. So it's no big deal.

Nihilus' mind **** worked because it literally made her suicidal the moment the match started. Which isn't the case here.

Basically this match up is of who hits first.

Medaka can kill the Assassin if she can actually hit them.

The Assassin can kill Medaka with a single warp blast or grenade.

The difference is this:

Medaka is left in a state of immense deorientation and pain. Even if she can still function, she's not working at 100%. She is also left trying to pinpoint where the Culexus is due to it shifting out of sync with realspace.

The Culexus...is going about business as usual.

That's extremely OOC. She still loses her powers, and just gets shot and dies, even assuming her body functions properly. Nihlus's mindhax is enslavement btw. He just also has passive soulhax. Seizures are a physical reaction.

Even if we assume Medaka's body has a mind of its own and is for whatever reason totally immune to the Blank's aura, its a lot more in character for an assassin to shoot someone then for Medaka to planet bust.

If anything, that body control thing just makes it not a stomp, since she's apparently not just incapped passively.

She really doesn't need to know doe. The crazy ap as i said medaka literally punches the ground causing the city to crumble and kill them (cough Hinokage's idea).

So imma say Medaka takes this via SBA working in her favor this time. She is a brawler at heart in character. So yeah Medaka via higher AP and AP range and the range between the 2.

Why would she randomly punch the ground? That's not a thing she does in character, whereas the entire point of the Celexus's life is to kill people. Its in character for Medaka to just get shot.

Don't feel like voting, mainly because I don't want to read this thread, but I guess I can point out some neat stuff, like Culexus Assassins being pretty much invisible to many unconventional means of "sight".

"A Culexus Assassin Dranos is sent to destroy the Sorcerer Xantaka before he can conjure any more daemonic legions from the Warp. Being all but invisible to not only the aethersight of Xantaka's Daemon armies but also his Rubricae bodyguard, Dranos simply walks up to the Sorcerer Xantaka and burns his brains to ash with a blast of negative energy."

Or having their skeins of fate untouchable by Farseers who can directly alter the future.

"A Culexus Assassin is sent to claim the head of the manipulative Farseer Lithandros-Esmanthil. The Eldar senses the threat and scries the skeins of fate accordingly, but is increasingly alarmed to find he is unable to locate the thread corresponding to his pursuer."

Or reducing a horrifyingly powerful gestalt Warp entity to the strength of a newborn by merely showing up.

"The Wyrdvane Psykers of the Vostroyan Firstborn 122nd come through a difficult Warp translation as a gestalt entity of terrifying psychic power. Revelling in their new abilities, they rise up amongst the ranks of their former comrades and enslave every one of them to their bloodthirsty desires. When the regiment arrives on Sylvanus II they set about the murder of the populace. The Hammers of Dorn are sent on a planetfall mission to destroy the Dread Gestalt, but the powers of the Wyrdvane Psykers are so swollen that the Space Marine attack is repelled with terrifying ease. Only when the Culexus Assassin known as the Revoker is unleashed into the Vostroyan ranks does the Dread Gestalt lose its power, flopping back to earth as weak as newborns. They are killed to a man by Vostroyan bayonets even before the Revoker can close with his target to finish the job."

And let's not forget being able to brutally murder a daemon prince within the Eye of Terror, a realm where said daemons are powerful enough to forge their own planet-sized space-time continuums via sheer force of will.

"The Officio Assassinorum, having failed to destroy the obscenely powerful Chaos Lord Malfecius with operatives from the Eversor and Vindicare temples, sends the Culexus Assassin Vaedrex instead. The Culexus haunts the steps of Malfecius across the Eye of Terror. Only when Malfecius ascends to Daemon Princehood does Vaedrex finally strike. With Malfecius' latest incarnation rendering him vulnerable to Vaedrex's psyk-out grenades, the Culexus finally manages to kill the reeling Daemon Prince with a punishing series of blasts from his Animus Speculum."

Edit: Culexus can also do a nifty little phase-shift sort of thing as well, so it's not like it's completely defenseless if detected.

"The Etherium is a highly advanced nodal layer built into the Culexus' synskin that shifts the wearer's body out of phase with realspace. This makes his physical form ghost-like and absent from the physical world, all but invisible to mortal eyes, just as his mind is absent from the spiritual plane."

All sources are the 6th edition Officio Assassinorum Dataslate/Mini Codex, if anyone is interested.

@Wok

Medaka has in character to go ALL OUT physical strength wise (she's willing to kill via SBA doe so she won't care about their deaths). That's why i dislike putting Medaka in matches where she is in SBA cus she goes all out physically, but GL beating her usual opponents with raw strength (cough kars, scp 682, kriemhild, hiiragi cough). But in this case it's not restricting her cus she only needs to use (only can use) strength anyway. And no, she's not one to take a hit (unless you ask her to get hit which the assasins would never do). The rule only applied to the other guys, Medaka always dodges unless they ask her to take it on (like Kumagawa). So yeah she will be going all out strength wise.

Yeah that doesn't mean she's randomly going to slam the ground though. We both agree that the assassin can't take a hit. Medaka can't either. Its just more likely that the assassin shoots her than she, while under the terrible effects of being magically powerful and near a pariah, will think to cause a huge shockwave to flush him out when she can't properly perceive the guy before the pariah just shoots her once.

@azzy

Does that phase shift thing also work on physical attacks? I know that normally physical attacks are the way to go on these dudes, notably with one getting a sword through the face, as magic stuff they're already basically immune to anyways.

@Wok

It does, but it's not a guarantee. Like, the assassin can't leave it on and be immune to physical harm indefinitely while still trying to actively murder someone.

Yeah, but it just needs to be enough to phase out before being hit with a shockwave, as Earl is arguing that Medaka goes straight to making earthquakes and that that will happen before the assassin shoots her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back