• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have some beginner questions

I think this should be the right place to post this but I dunno :(

So I've read up on some pages that looked important. I got Tiering System, Attack Potency, Terms and some of the Rule pages. Calculations look a bit beyond my capabilities, but I'll read up on them later anyway :) I think I have a general idea how it works but I have some questions.

1. What is hax? I've looked up the Terms page, but it doesn't show anything.

2. What does this mean? "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces."

3. Do I need to remember the Attack Potency chart? With all those values in Joules and what not?

4. A "stomp" thread is when a character can defeat the other really easily correct?

5. On the Tiering System, there's a classification of the universe and stuff. Like Multiverse, Complex Multiverse and stuff. Do I need to know how those work, they look complicated :(

Sorry if these are too much questions, I just wanna know how this works

Hax- ability that can grant edge during fight without doing a lot of destruction. For example illusions, reality manipulation and petrification for example

2: Lets say theoretically: If Harry Potter can survive an attack that destroyed a city and Drogo can damage Harry it means that he also have City level attack potency even if he never destryed a city

3: I do not think so joules are that important if you aren't calcing anything

4: correct

5: As long as you do not create profles about characters of that power i don't think so. Of course it would be nice to know if you want to contribute things about that topic.

1.Hax are abilities that ignore conventional stats and may help a character defeat an opponent who is much stronger than them.For example soul stealing is hax.

2.A good example for this i think would be Dragon Ball characters who usually don't go around destroying planets though their attacks are this strong since they harm people with durability enough to survive planet busting attacks.Not the best explanation but i don't have much time so i'm trying to be quick.

3.You don't have to memorize it but you are going to need it if you want to do calcs or want to use the result of a calc to put stats on a character.

4.Yes

5.You need to know how these work if you want to participate in threads with battles with such characters or you want to create a page with a character on this range of levels.

Welcome to the wiki!

1. Hax is basically powers that typically don't focus on raw damage and instead focus on other stuff. Like using Time Manipulation to make your enemy never born, or atomic manipulation to make a character fall apart on an atomic level. A lot of powers like the aforementioned Time Manipulation, Atomic Manipulation, Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, Plot Manipulation etc would fall under hax.

2. It means that if a character is that strong, doesn't mean they can destroy that much land. For example, Character B can destroy entire planets and Character A defeats him. Doesn't mean Character A can necessarily destroy planets, but can still fight those who can.

3. Remembering the chart is pretty easy and important, but you don't have to remember the Joule/Ton values by heart. Just be sure to check if you're proposing an upgrade based off a calc or something similar.

4. "Stomp" threads are when 1 character easily defeats the other. Like a Planet level character vs a Moon level character. "Spite" threads are when you make a "Stomp" thread on purpose.

5. Here's a more simplified description.

3-A/Universe level = Destroying the physical contents of the universe.

Low 2-C/Universe level+ = Destroying the fabric of space and time in the universe.

Stuff passed that is dimensional tiering (Tier 2 is too, but its much more common).

High 2-A = 5th Dimensional.

Low 1-C = 6th Dimensional.

1-C = 7 to 9 Dimensional.

High 1-C = 10 to 11-Dimensional.

Low 1-B = 12 Dimensional

1-B Anything above 12 Dimensional but not Infinite dimensional.

The stuff is a bit complicated to explain. Due to the fact that Dimension usually refers to alternate universes, upgrading a character to those levels usually requires explicit statements or lore regarding the cosmology of the series.

Hope I explained stuff. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Oh my, that's a lot of info. I was excited to disscuss some battles, but it seems I have a lot to learn first. I'm sorry if I come through as rude, but that's a lot of info. I don't mind it though, it looks interesting and I like to read. So thanks for everything people :)

Don't worry, Rin, take your time.

Welcome to VsbattlesWiki, I hope that you'll enjoy it, and that you'll feel accepted. Don't worry about understanding everything at first, none of us did. Take it with your time and have fun.

Back