• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have made a (not so) shocking discovery

Fun fact: Destroying a universe sized realm isn't always 3-A
Yep. For it to be 3-A it needs to be our universe. It's all because of a white dwarf star called PSR J0348+0432. It's the whole reason why 3-A is specifically 2.825e+92 joules. See, the method we use for 4-A to 3-A is inverse square law: Energy = 4*GBE of target object*(Explosion radius in m/Target radius in m)^2 is the method specifically. From 4-A to 3-B we use the sun. However for 3-A, we use PSR, as I mentioned above.

PSR is durable asf. Here's the GBE calculation for it. (3*(6.67408×10^-11)((1.989×10^30)*2.01)^2)/(13009.59(5-1)) = 6.1496549e+46 joules, which is over 27 times baseline 4-B, and as mentioned here:
Note!: PSR J0348+0432 was chosen as the body for this rating, as it is the most conventionally durable body currently known. For one to truly destroy the entire observable universe, all bodies, including one as durable as PSR J0348+0432, must be destroyed, even if their location is at the edge of the observable universe.

So 3-A is using inverse square law with PSR's GBE. Makes sense. However, what if there was a universe sized realm that didn't have this specific white dwarf star? Well it's easy; just use the same method for 4-A to 3-B, where the target radius is the sun.
This would be 4*5.693e+41*(4.39923966975e+26/696339009)^2 = 9.0889763e+77 joules which is 3.1081608e+14 (over 300 trillion) times away from baseline 3-A and only a bit over a billion times baseline 3-B. Meaning, that this method is closer to baseline 3-B than 3-A.

RIP to those who are for not destroying our observable universe.
cover5.jpg

Why the hell would we assume that a universe would not contain the same contents as our IRL universe? That's like asking what if a fictional Earth's density is slightly higher than that of our IRL Earth?

Also no, even if it didn't contain that specific pulsar, we'd go to the next most durable object there is in the universe. Besides, such a case is an extreme rarity that the universe suddenly doesn't have pulsars because reasons.

Why the hell would we assume that a universe would not contain the same contents as our IRL universe? That's like asking what if a fictional Earth's density is slightly higher than that of our IRL Earth?
I'm not talking about an actual universe just like our own, with many different stars. I mean a kind of realm that happens to be the size of the universe but isn’t a universe.

I'm not talking about an actual universe just like our own, with many different stars. I mean a kind of realm that happens to be the size of the universe but isn’t a universe.
Even then you'd have to be super specific with stuff like this to just assume it'd be missing pulsars.

Energy is what matters, even if the universe sized dimension doesn't contain PSR it doesn't mean that the explosion ranged over the entire dimension cannot destroy it if even existed, it cannot be proven if the energy was enough to get over the GBE of PSR in that case, we went over the easiest approach a fiction would use while saying that it destroyed "entire realm as big as universe" that is it being 3A is more reasonable than to say it is not. no fiction would make it like "yo it can destroy a realm of universe size but it cannot destroy our universe which is of same size" smh. Occam's razor.

Energy is what matters, even if the universe sized dimension doesn't contain PSR it doesn't mean that the explosion ranged over the entire dimension cannot destroy it if even existed, it cannot be proven if the energy was enough to get over the GBE of PSR in that case, we went over the easiest approach a fiction would use while saying that it destroyed "entire realm as big as universe" that is it being 3A is more reasonable than to say it is not. no fiction would make it like "yo it can destroy a realm of universe size but it cannot destroy our universe which is of same size" smh. Occam's razor.
I don't think this is one of those scenarios if the stars don't exist.

There is still the earthquake formula to use for peak wank tho so no harm done.

I don't think this is one of those scenarios if the stars don't exist.
My case itself based on the pressumption that no star exist, nothing at all or very little but just statements like this :- "This energy went over the entire dimension (as big as universe) and destroyed everything in sight", "the entire realm and everything in it destroyed to bits", "nothing in sight has been left in the entire realm". In these scenarios we can never find if the energy was enough to destroy the star or not, but we can only assume for either not or it was, in these cases if I've to pick, I'll pick later. As to say no fiction would make it look like or even care about existence of PSR or GBE, so if the statements or feats like these Exists no author would make it look like the situation would be different for the actual universe which is of same size as of this dimension. Atleast if I am an author I wouldn't care less about it.

As to say no fiction would make it look like or even care about existence of PSR or GBE, so if the statements or feats like these Exists no author would make it look like the situation would be different for the actual universe which is of same size as of this dimension.
An author's intension never matters when math goes against it.
E6SfYMEX0AACOJB.jpg

Universes need to be billions of years old for white dwarf stars to exist
So if someone makes a universe out of nowhere it will not have white dwarfs as a default
So yeah there are plenty of cases where destroying the universe is 3-B

Back