• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have a question about the dragon ball's alternate time lines and multiverse

This website considers the time-spaces of the different universes relative to each other despite the events of the Goku Black arc that showed trunks traveling through time to an "alternate timeline multiverse". The reasoning is because of the room of spirt and time is a parallel time-space that is shown to be affected by time travel, but my confusion comes in when you consider the fact that the room of spirit and time is planet sized. So we don't consider timelines that are less than baseline universal in size to be significant for attack potency scaling but we can use them as qualification for proving that space-times are relative in dragon ball? Why is that?

Because size and relative Space-Times are different.

We can't use it to justify AP but because of the very fact that changing the normal Space-Time is able to affect the Smaller Space-Time, we can assume that the smaller one is relative/connected to the larger one.

So basically if we apply a change to the whole, and a specific small part somewhere else is affected not originally part of the whole is changed, we can assume that the smaller Space-Time is relative to the original larger one if that makes any sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kami create the RoSaT? It would be clearly inconsistent to put him at planet level but I don't think it would be to give him limited time space and gravity manipulation, non combat applicable of corse. We see Dende essentially change the settings of the room we he becomes the over seer of earth and outright recreate it when vegeta destroys it. We also know there can be other rooms like it with different time rules like the one we see Merus and Goku train in and the god chamber from whis. We have statements that it is in fact an alternate dimension. But what draws the line to the fact of it being an outright separate time space all together because we have places like other world and the Kaioshin realm that are alternate dimensions but not alternate time spaces.

DTG499 said:
We have statements that it is in fact an alternate dimension. But what draws the line to the fact of it being an outright separate time space all together because we have places like other world and the Kaioshin realm that are alternate dimensions but not alternate time spaces.
Well you said it yourself, it's another dimension. You can only exit the ROSAT by dimension travel and it's separated from the Universe's time space. For the rest, I can't tell you why. It's not that I don't want to it's just that I literally can't explain it to you.

So through the simple inaccessibility factor its considered alternate space times? Hm so Kami has alternate space time creation abilities? Neat. Also I can see this being turned on it's head easily if Goku just teleports to one of the universes or the RoSaT.

Back