• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Dragon

The argument here is that Steven would KO TMQ, which would KO both. However, this plays to Steven's advantage as he gains telepathy to communicate while KOed. His persuation skills are top-notch enough that Thunder will reconsider at some point. If TMQ wakes up at any point during the persuation attempt, Steven can just KO him again and repeat until satisfactory results are gained. Also, persuation not working on Thunder outright debunks Composite Human's victory over Thunder which was done via persuation.

So Steven would knock out a random person that's not attacking him? This is very different from what someone else said, that Thunder would KO himself out but both don't make any sense. You guys are arguing that his first move would be to knock Thunder out and talk him down. Then Wright is saying he would just talk to him. Garg, I do have reasons and those are that biting off your own tongue is faster than a conversation or someone trying to knock you out.

That's because this does not specify where the battle is taking place. I can't really say he would go jump off the nearest cliff because there's no way of me knowning there's a cliff nearby. However, biting off your tongue is always an option, and if he doesn't see an easier way of killing himself then he'll do that.

Then Thunder finds a lake and Steven then jumps in the lake. Speed is equalized so even if Steven jumps in after him, he won't be able to catch up.

Equalizing speed technically counts for projectiles.

For some reason?

Bullets could move as fast as an athletic human then.

That bubble is 1. Being used as a shield and not something that can stop them from moving. and 2. He's literally less than half a foot away from them. Thunder would be further away then that.

Even if he could reach him with the shield, the shield would still have water in it efffectively making it a fishbowl with no opening.

>Likely

Then Steven pulls him back to the surface, which shouldn't be hard with Class 50 lifting strength; and stuff like "likely" or "possibly" don't affect the battle, we still consider the chracter as having it.

How would Steven pull him back to to surface if he's unconscious? You know that every second in the water Thunder is just going to be dying slowly? It only takes a few seconds for the brain to start taking damage without oxygen. Likely and Possibly does effect the battle, there are people who jump entire tiers with it. If we considered them having it then the likely or possibly wouldn't be on the profile.

One of the characters is Relativistic, the other is Massively FTL, even with equalized speed, a few seconds is enough for both of those guys to go around the entire planet, so pulling a guy out of a lake shouldn't really take that long.

And, no, it doesn't affect it. Example: one guy is "5-B" due to a baseline feat, the other guy is "Possibly 5-B", because he might scale from a feat that is ten times above baseline, are we gonna say the first guy is stronger? No, we won't, because "possibly" and "likely" don't affect the battle; having a "possibly" or "likely" in front of it won't make the stat suddenly become worse.

You're confusing reaction speed and travel speed. Travel Speed is how fast you can go in a distance and reaction speed is how fast you can react to something. The other guy wouldn't be possibly 5-B either he does scale to the feat or he doesn't. Let me use an actual character as an example. Verthandi is High 3-A, likely Low 2-C. Does this mean that it wouldn't be a stomp if you put her against other Low 2-C's? Absolutely not.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Verthandi is High 3-A, likely Low 2-C. Does this mean that it wouldn't be a stomp if you put her against other Low 2-C's? Absolutely not.
Thank you for repeating my point exaclty, nice to see that you agree. Him having a "likely" in front of his Low 2-C does not suddenly make him weaker than other Low 2-C characters.

Doesn't the bubble like immediately get air in it or something? I don't think it fills up with water? Am I wrong on that? Because I know Steven uses that underwater and...I'm pretty sure he breaths in it. That was an argument for him fighting Percy, so I don't know why it wouldn't be the same here.

In fact, yeah, oxygen is just in the bubbles from what I remember?

Oh, okay that's weird.

That was an argument in a different thread and...I don't know what's up with that. Huh.

Yeah, the bubble encloses the surroundings in a sphere, if the water is there then it'll stay there. Steven probably made the bubble before going in the water for the Percy fight.

As soon as Thunder is in the Bubble he can't drown anymore. Steven can just open a small hole to drain the water and the Bubble seems to produce O2

Basically, the "likely" only becomes relevant if you decide not to use the higher end entirely, and stick to the lower end only, but if you're using the higher end (which we are here, since we use the higher stat unless stated otherwise), then ignore the "likely", it doesn't affect the fight.

The likely isn't there to be used at all. It's not for a higher end or a lower end. It's there because either there wasn't enough information for it to be added completely or it's speculation. Then Thunder holds his breath until he falls unconscious, Steven falls unconscious too. Steven starts to talk to Thunder mentally but then they both die because Thunder drowned.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The likely isn't there to be used at all. It's not for a higher end or a lower end. It's there because either there wasn't enough information for it to be added completely or it's speculation. Then Thunder holds his breath until he falls unconscious, Steven falls unconscious too. Steven starts to talk to Thunder mentally but then they both die because Thunder drowned.
Not how it works. We use all stats on a page unless stated otherwise.

The stats on the page are false though. It doesn't say Steven does have that range, it says he probably does. I guess with that logic I could say Zeref probably has all of the hax his demons have and then use that shaky "probably" in a vs match. It's complete speculation.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I guess with that logic I could say Zeref probably has all of the hax his demons have and then use that shaky "probably" in a vs match.
Yes, you totally can, unless the guy who made the thread decides not to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back