• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia vs your favorite verse

Thats wrong asf, did u even read the tiering system FAQ?

: How can a character be 1-A and above without an infinite-dimensional/infinitely-layered cosmology, then?​

A: A good way to accomplish this would be to show that whatever state of being in which they exist is completely independent of the number of layers/dimensions present on the setting. For example, if they are unaffected by dimensions being arbitrarily added or removed from physical space by virtue of transcending it entirely, or if they exist as a "background" or canvas of sorts in which any amount of them can be inserted. This argument generalizes to tiers higher than 1-A as well.
yeah, but that is difficult af to prove.

Tiering system on VSBW also has changed. You can only be 1-A by transcending an infinite levels of reality fiction interactions, to say at least.
It should, on the other hand, be kept in mind that merely existing "beyond the concepts of space and time" and similar feats do not necessarily qualify one to bypass into this tier unless the work of fiction in question leaves it very clear that a character also exists beyond all extensions of the concepts which they transcend.
quoted from the tiering system page. Also...
"Furthermore, higher-dimensional entities can also qualify for higher tiers when the verse which they are from explicitly defines them as being infinitely above lower-dimensional ones in power and/or existential status. An example of this being verses such as Umineko no Naku Koro ni. However, lower-dimensional beings being stated to be "flat" in comparision to higher-dimensional aliens is not necessarily grounds for assuming the latter has infinitely more power (For reasons outlined in the answer above), and thus, such scenarios must also be analyzed case-by-case."
"As of now, we do not consider higher-dimensional constructs as automatically having infinitely greater power than lower-dimensional equivalents until further context as to their nature compared to lower-dimensional entities is provided by a work of fiction. Hence, they must either be placed at Unknown or simply reasonably scale relative to their best feats, provided they are not outliers or something of the sort, of course."
So no, just saying "Lol he transcend concept of dimensions" is nowhere near good for 1-A and "Lol he be 9-D" is nowhere near good for 1-C.

Also, this is fun and games board, meaning anything or rather most things here is not considered "spite" or "rule breaking" as far as i know
This isn't just "existing beyond". This is outright transcending the concept of dimensionality (or "numerical" dimensions) as stated by this scan (which says literally the exact same thing in the Japanese version, by the way). This includes infinite dimensions by definition. This shouldn't even have to be debated, and I can't be bothered to go through the process of said debate, so we can agree to disagree.

This is spite by definition. You created this thread specifically because you were apparently angry about where someone tiered the verse and wanted to see other people say "lol X verse stomps". Obviously it's not the same as trying to create actual matches where the win/loss would be displayed on a profile, but again, it is spiteful.

Plus, the Neptunia profiles on VSBW are currently lacking altogether and shouldn't even be used themselves. The wiki itself acknowledges this by constantly reminding people they are under revisions. I once saw a revision that almost denied Neptune having Conceptual Manipulation because it was tied to an in-game description of a skill, despite the fact that she had Conceptual Manipulation well before that skill even existed. Then there's the... weird absence of the player in the profiles, despite being a prominent figure in the verse, beyond the subject of "lol 4th wall" jokes.

This isn't just "existing beyond". This is outright transcending the concept of dimensionality (or "numerical" dimensions) as stated by this scan (which says literally the exact same thing in the Japanese version, by the way). This includes infinite dimensions by definition. This shouldn't even have to be debated, and I can't be bothered to go through the process of said debate, so we can agree to disagree.

This is spite by definition. You created this thread specifically because you were apparently angry about where someone tiered the verse and wanted to see other people say "lol X verse stomps". Obviously it's not the same as trying to create actual matches where the win/loss would be displayed on a profile, but again, it is spiteful.

Plus, the Neptunia profiles on VSBW are currently lacking altogether and shouldn't even be used themselves. The wiki itself acknowledges this by constantly reminding people they are under revisions. I once saw a revision that almost denied Neptune having Conceptual Manipulation because it was tied to an in-game description of a skill, despite the fact that she had Conceptual Manipulation well before that skill even existed. Then there's the... weird absence of the player in the profiles, despite being a prominent figure in the verse, beyond the subject of "lol 4th wall" jokes.
True. It is obvious now that you don't know nothing about how tiering system works here, and it is obvious that you didn't even bothered to read the tiering system FAQ. So i will leave it here for future reference.
Also, do you know that transcend IS literally going beyond?
transcend
/tranˈsɛnd,trɑːnˈsɛnd/
Learn to pronounce

verb

1. be or go beyond the range or limits of (a field of activity or conceptual sphere).

Similar:
    go beyond

rise above

cut across
    • surpass (a person or achievement).
      "he doubts that he will ever transcend Shakespeare"
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/T...termine_if_something_is_.22transcendent.22.3F
so i can't be bothered to waste time here.
Also, spite? I did say i read some annoying fanfictions so i created this thread in the fun and games as a joke, but there are literally thousands of spite threads created against dragon ball every damn second on the VERSUS DEBATING board, for serious arguments, and no one bothers to say it's spite. This is not even serious, So if you don't like this thread, you are 100% free to leave.

True. It is obvious now that you don't know nothing about how tiering system works here, and it is obvious that you didn't even bothered to read the tiering system FAQ. So i will leave it here for future reference.
Also, do you know that transcend IS literally going beyond?
transcend
/tranˈsɛnd,trɑːnˈsɛnd/
Learn to pronounce

verb

1. be or go beyond the range or limits of (a field of activity or conceptual sphere).

Similar:
    go beyond

rise above

cut across
    • surpass (a person or achievement).
      "he doubts that he will ever transcend Shakespeare"
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/T...termine_if_something_is_.22transcendent.22.3F
so i can't be bothered to waste time here.
Also, spite? I did say i read some annoying fanfictions so i created this thread in the fun and games as a joke, but there are literally thousands of spite threads created against dragon ball every damn second on the VERSUS DEBATING board, for serious arguments, and no one bothers to say it's spite. This is not even serious, So if you don't like this thread, you are 100% free to leave.
Let's look at the tier page again then, shall we?
"1-A | Outerverse level: Characters who can significantly affect, create and/or destroy realms or states that fully transcend infinitely-layered hierarchies and/or dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level... However, do note that a character can qualify for this rating even if their verse does not have an infinitely-layered or equivalent cosmology, as long as it is either stated, shown or left very obvious that the character in question already bypasses the very nature of such structures altogether, in a way that simply "stacking" more of them logically would not allow one to reach their level of power / size."

Now, let's read the scan.
"Time passed until it eventually transcended the concept of numerical dimensions."

I'm well aware of the definition of transcend, thank you. I was under the impression that the statement was meant to create a distinction between existing without those concepts and actually being superior to them. I could be wrong about this, but it's irrelevant, this isn't a CRT, I don't plan on making a CRT, I was just calling out the idea that there's no justification for 1-A Neptunia on that old profile. You can call the scan invalid all you want but it's there and it's almost word-for-word the same as "transcending dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level", and at the time, 1-A on CSAP was transcending dimensionality.

All of this is irrelevant, though. This isn't a CRT and I don't plan on making one, I was just calling out the idea that there was no justification for it. And I could've misunderstood, but I assumed you were implying the profile you linked was one of the fanfictions you were talking about, which seemed needlessly aggressive towards the profile maker, but if that isn't what you meant then I do apologize for the misunderstanding. I'll be leaving the thread now.

Let's look at the tier page again then, shall we?
"1-A | Outerverse level: Characters who can significantly affect, create and/or destroy realms or states that fully transcend infinitely-layered hierarchies and/or dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level... However, do note that a character can qualify for this rating even if their verse does not have an infinitely-layered or equivalent cosmology, as long as it is either stated, shown or left very obvious that the character in question already bypasses the very nature of such structures altogether, in a way that simply "stacking" more of them logically would not allow one to reach their level of power / size."

Now, let's read the scan.
"Time passed until it eventually transcended the concept of numerical dimensions."
Already invalid, since it is already said transcending concepts make no sense until further context is given.
I'm well aware of the definition of transcend, thank you. I was under the impression that the statement was meant to create a distinction between existing without those concepts and actually being superior to them. I could be wrong about this, but it's irrelevant, this isn't a CRT, I don't plan on making a CRT, I was just calling out the idea that there's no justification for 1-A Neptunia on that old profile. You can call the scan invalid all you want but it's there and it's almost word-for-word the same as "transcending dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level", and at the time, 1-A on CSAP was transcending dimensionality.

All of this is irrelevant, though. This isn't a CRT and I don't plan on making one, I was just calling out the idea that there was no justification for it. And I could've misunderstood, but I assumed you were implying the profile you linked was one of the fanfictions you were talking about, which seemed needlessly aggressive towards the profile maker, but if that isn't what you meant then I do apologize for the misunderstanding. I'll be leaving the thread now.
No, the CSAP profile has no relation to the fanfiction i was talking about. That i can confirm.

Mario Bros: They would make it pretty far, until the 2-B characters say no.
Fist of the North Star: …I think this is pretty obvious.
Homestuck: Haha, never, not in a million years.
Earthbound: Ness’ fate hax and incaps methods go brrrr
YOU and ME and HER: Miyuki probably can’t do anything, but Aoi just goes turururururururu and wins.

Back