• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HwG-Bracket Round 13 (Jack Slash vs Dr. Kondraki)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Jack Slash vs Dr. Kondraki

9-C versions
Speed Equal
Battle takes place in Longyearbyen in summer
SBA otherwise

Which beard will prevail?

9A8P3M2.png
vs
cYb4nW9.jpg

So what is supposed to counter 408 which would turn Kondraki invisible to sneak up on Jack, blind him with 515-ARC and/or shoot him?

Based on his range justification, it looks like Jack’s slashes can have the AoE to cut through tens of meters of crowds, so if he finds out Kondraki’s general vicinity (through hearing him or getting blinded), he wouldn’t need to aim.

Would it be a viable argument that Jack's parahuman related danger sense works on SCPs due to verse equalization?

Gonna preface this by saying I’m not familiar with Parahumans/Worm, so this interpretation is based on the Worm wiki’s explanation of shards:
From what I can tell, shards in Parahumans are basically the cells of some species of supernatural creatures. They attach to a sentient host and create a new part of the brain, this lets them give people powers in exchange for gathering information on them.
Since Jack’s power is described as communicating with shards, it doesn’t seem to me like it should be equalized to supernatural powers that don’t come from a somewhat sentient object that stores and shares information on its host.

Last edited:
it doesn’t seem to me like it should be equalized to supernatural powers that don’t come from a somewhat sentient object that stores and shares information on its host.
Argument: SCP-515-ARC uses cells of SCP-408 as image sensor and these cells are still connected to the SCP-408 hive mind.
Meaning that SCP-515-ARC is in fact a somewhat sentient object that stores and shares (visual) information about the users surroundings with a supernatural entity.

Counter-Rebuttal: Verse equalization doesn't require exact correspondence.

Counter-Rebuttal: Verse equalization doesn't require exact correspondence.
Counter-Counter-Rebuttal https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Shard

also where is the bracket?
Here is the hub and here is the tree.
Counter-Counter-Rebuttal https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Shard

Well, considering that I don't know the verse I will drop that point.

What are the votes then?

I think I’ll vote Kondraki via 408’s invisibility to sneak up and kill given how Jack cant seem to sense him

So, I guess wincon are:
Kondraki turns invisible and shoots Jack/blinds him and shoots him before Jack can get past the butterflies.
Jack locates Kondraki’s general vicinity (probably by Kondraki using using 505–ARC to blind him) and Jack uses an AoE slash to hit him.
Kondraki’s wincon seems more likely to me.

Seems like Kondraki advances

Back