• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How would I calc these feats?

Dalesean027

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
How would I calc these feats?

This in particular is referred to as boulder so it should be made of rock and as seen is launched to the ground pretty quickly(it also affects a 3m radius with its impact if that means anything)

Here as well the player is able to block swipes from the world boss whose Building sized( Is there a way to calc his GPE and the KE in his strikes) this could give a LS rating

also would this count as real lightning

It does meet these fields "making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning"

staggers/Stuns enemies, presented to move like lightning(in speed), and has a field of electricity that disperses outwards of the area on the ground where it makes contact with(not sure about the EM field one)? It's also straight up called just called and considered Lightning in game and is shown to have the energy to scorch the ground.

Last edited:

This one is way lower than the boulder feat, assuming it scales to the same dudes don't bother with it

This in particular is referred to as boulder so it should be made of rock and as seen is launched to the ground pretty quickly(it also affects a 3m radius with its impact if that means anything)

you'd need to be able to compare its size to something else we'd know the height of so that you can use pixel scaling to get its size. KE is a bit more difficulty but I think just frag of it would yield higher here. You can also use the blast radius for a really easy explosion calc
Here as well the player is able to block swipes from the world boss whose Building sized( Is there a way to calc his GPE and the KE in his strikes) this could give a LS rating
Blocking strikes doesn't count for LS apparently
also would this count as real lightning

It does meet these fields "making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning"

staggers/Stuns enemies, presented to move like lightning(in speed), and has a field of electricity that disperses outwards of the area on the ground where it makes contact with(not sure about the EM field one)? It's also straight up called just called and considered Lightning in game and is shown to have the energy to scorch the ground.
I think it might yes

This one is way lower than the boulder feat, assuming it scales to the same dudes don't bother with it
yeah it scales to the same dudes as the boulder since that's early game so I'll do without it
you'd need to be able to compare its size to something else we'd know the height of so that you can use pixel scaling to get its size. KE is a bit more difficulty but I think just frag of it would yield higher here. You can also use the blast radius for a really easy explosion calc
I'm honestly not sure since unfortunately the main character has no official height(As far as I know) seeing as its a VR title do you think comparing it to other objects would help?
damn I was hoping so since that's about all you get LS wise aside from enemies who can sling some large boulders at the player

I think it might yes
okay that's a relief

I'm honestly not sure since unfortunately the main character has no official height(As far as I know) seeing as its a VR title do you think comparing it to other objects would help?
Yeah, generally any object that you can kinda assume the height of works, that's stuff like doors, chairs, building floors and shit like that, but you can also use humans even if their exact height is unknown, assuming is fine. An important thing though is perspective, the boulder should ideally not be any closer or farther from the camera compared to the object it's being compared to

Yeah, generally any object that you can kinda assume the height of works, that's stuff like doors, chairs, building floors and shit like that, but you can also use humans even if their exact height is unknown, assuming is fine. An important thing though is perspective, the boulder should ideally not be any closer or farther from the camera compared to the object it's being compared to
ah okay bet I can for sure work with that then (I'm going to hop inside to grab a clip for a height comparison, give me a minute)

Okay I've got a clip for size comparisons
(the boulder is bigger than expected from a side view, looks almost as big as her)

Edit: Pixel scaling it now

Last edited:
Done pixel scaling them, do you think these will work?

Yeah that looks good, now to get the rock's dimensions you just do reference height / reference height in px * object height in px, using average female height as the reference height here for example

Afterwards you use this calculator to get the volume, just assume the third axis is the same as the smaller one here.

Yeah that looks good, now to get the rock's dimensions you just do reference height / reference height in px * object height in px, using average female height as the reference height here for example

Afterwards you use this calculator to get the volume, just assume the third axis is the same as the smaller one here.

Okay so

162.56cm/182px * 183 = 163.4631cm

162.56cm/182px * 145 = 129.5120cm

Should I be halving these values for the calculator?

Not having the values I got a volume of 700,862 cu in

Halving the values I got
87,608 cu in

Last edited:
Yeah you gotta halve them. Also do it in cm^3, then check here for the relevant destruction value. In this case idk, there's no remains but considering it just pops out of existence that might just be a lack of animation, personally I'd do frag to be safe. Frag of rock is 8 j/cm^3, so multiply the volume by 8 and you have AP

Yeah you gotta halve them. Also do it in cm^3, then check here for the relevant destruction value. In this case idk, there's no remains but considering it just pops out of existence that might just be a lack of animation, personally I'd do frag to be safe. Frag of rock is 8 j/cm^3, so multiply the volume by 8 and you have AP
Alrighty will do

So it's literally just as simple as

8 * 1,435,634cm^3 =
11,485,072 joules?

Last edited:
Wall level+ yeah
Nice that's more than what I was expecting for a low level attack but then again lightning attacks are early game too.

How would I do the explosion calc for the 3m blast radius of the attack

this page walks you through it fairly well imo, tell me if you have any questions. Though, it will be lower than 9-B+

Okay here are the two new ones I need help trying to figure out

The first one is a ground fragmentation calc involving the same being able stomp fragmenting the ground in a line that's about 10 meter I believe

The second I think maybe involves a little more. The enemy rips a boulder sized chunk of rock out of the ground and throws it several meters fragmenting it

I had already calc'd the frag value of the boulder by itself but I don't know how to go about the whole pulling it out of the ground and throwing it several meters part

Last edited:
For tearing stuff off you need to find the area affected and then use the method used here, but idk if that counts here.

As for the ground stomp you can use angular size to calculate the distance between the enemy and the POV to see the length of the attack

As for the ground stomp you can use angular size to calculate the distance between the enemy and the POV to see the length of the attack
Okay and when I find it what's the method I'd have to use to calc the fragmentation
For tearing stuff off you need to find the area affected and then use the method used here, but idk if that counts here
Hm I'm honestly not sure since there's no indication in game of the area affected just the boulder being ripped out the ground so would I be able to use that at or should I just move on and try to calc the power behind the throw

Okay and when I find it what's the method I'd have to use to calc the fragmentation
I mean the destruction value stuff is the same, you'd need a depth value first though. Tbh I'm not sure if it's actually breaking the ground, it could just be creating metal spikes.
Should I just move on and try to calc the power behind the throw
You can but it's kinda hard, you can just calculate the volume, then weight for an easier rating (Same as destruction of something, only instead of multiplying by destruction values at the end, you look up [material] specific weight/density in g/cm^3). If you want to calc the throw too though, you'll have to do that, then calculate the AP, probably by KE, which would require two instances of angsizing, then dividing by the distance of force which would be the body movement, which can all be a little challenging if you're new to calcs.

Tbh I'm not sure if it's actually breaking the ground, it could just be creating metal spikes.
I could send some more example from game that's the usual effect when some enemies do some sort of slam or attack into the ground so I'm sure its supposed to be a fragmentation

ah. idk then you could calc the height of the spikes to use as the depth of the fragmentation

ah. idk then you could calc the height of the spikes to use as the depth of the fragmentation
okay then i'll try that

also with this
you look up [material] specific weight/density in g/cm^3)
I used the density of rock in cm^3 and got this
2,356,684cm^3 * 3g/cm^3 = 7,070,052

would this result value just be in grams now, or am I wrong?

probably by KE, which would require two instances of angsizing, then dividing by the distance of force which would be the body movement, which can all be a little challenging if you're new to calcs.
I kinda want to try this since I have a better angle than with the whole ground stomp thing plus I already have the weight

would this result value just be in grams now, or am I wrong?
yeah it's in grams
I kinda want to try this since I have a better angle than with the whole ground stomp thing plus I already have the weight
alright, then you'll need to take two instances of the same feat a certain amount of frames apart (you'll also need to know what framerate the video runs at), use angsizing to calculate the distance, then do distance / (amount of frames between pics / amount of frames in one second) for the speed

I dodged the attack but do you still think it'll work?
yeah, just don't use the final frames where you move. although keep in mind, this will be a lowball since i don't think it can account for both sideways and towards the camera movement

Okay before I get started I've got the scans i'm using here

at 129 frames the rock leaves his hands and the throw begins
168 frames is where I decided the final angle should be used before I step and jump out of the way
and 184 frames is when the rock impacts the ground

so the whole thing happens in 55 frames or 1.83 seconds

Apologies I am having a little trouble lol (likely overthinking)
does this work for an angle😭

That's not really what angle means in this context, although I actually gave you wrong instructions, you need to use this formula:

object size * panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

To see the distance between the POV and the guy throwing the rock, and then see how long it takes for the rock to pass by the POV. The method I gave you previously only works if you know the size of the object, which I guess you do, but this only requires one angsizing so it should be better.

That's not really what angle means in this context, although I actually gave you wrong instructions, you need to use this formula:

object size * panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

To see the distance between the POV and the guy throwing the rock, and then see how long it takes for the rock to pass by the POV. The method I gave you previously only works if you know the size of the object, which I guess you do, but this only requires one angsizing so it should be better.
okay this seems way easier lol and am I dropping the timeframe I got then?

Okay this should work right?

don't mind the blue line that was a mistake and am i using the enemy's pixel height or the rocks?

results should be with this and not Rad correct if I'm understanding the meaning?
If I did understand then I got this:

620/(64 * 2 * Tan(70deg/2) = 6.91759190766

If I didn't then this is the other result

620/(64 * 2 * Tan(70deg/2) = 10.2228778282

Last edited:
Yeah except you forgot the 170 cm for the enemy's height

170 * 620/[64*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 1175.99 cm

Yeah except you forgot the 170 cm for the enemy's height

170 * 620/[64*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 1175.99 cm
ah okay thanks

edit: the enemy height I actually got calc'd at 193.7237cm

so 193.7237 * 620/[64*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 1,340.10cm

Last edited:
Soo like do I just watch the clip normally now to get the time?(I'm sorry I need more context here so I can be for sure i'm understanding this correctly)

Back