• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How we treat a character overpowering two characters

PrinceofPein

Username Only
Hi, So due to some recent lights or revisions
I am want to ask how do we treat a character (A) overpowering two characters (B and C)

As an example, lets say Band C scale to 10 megatons each, they then fought A and A overpowered them in the fight easily or simply took both of them out at once with an energy blast.
Do we scale A to 20 megatons or Or we just give "10 megatons, Higher"

I should add, I believe it is "At least 10, megatons" in my opinion for A ratings, but well some people think otherwise so I made this to try and clear things up

Higher than 10 rather than 20, in an absence of context saying otherwise. One character can overpower two others without literally being twice as strong, after all, so we'd need more evidence to support that idea.

Or we just give "10 megatons, Higher"
I would say this one, since we have no evidence that puts A as 20 megatons simply because it overhelms B and C. So it makes more sense to just list it as equal with a higher rating.

It's usually assumed that the said character upscales from those characters they've easily overpowered unless if there's evidence that the stronger character has a multiplier. But until then, they'd just be given an "At least" rating

I'm pretty sure we've done this before.

Unless the two characters with equal AP were explicitly stated to have their power combined, even taking an attack from them simultaneously in the same spot on your body and being unaffected by it isn't going to make you scale to 2x the AP of singular characters. But it'd cause the other character tanking those attacks to be unquantifiably higher than 10 megatons.

So yeah, "At least 10 megatons" if there is no direct statement that the attacks combine to become one, 20 megatons if the attacks are indeed confirmed to be combined as one.

even taking an attack from them simultaneously in the same spot on your body and being unaffected by it isn't going to make you scale to 2x the AP of singular characters
Okay I'm confused on this, because your body would then be taking that force x2, so how would that not be 2x? Say two characters of equal AP attack you at once toward your torso, and you block that. To have stopped their combined force, you'd need a force equal to their combined force.

Okay I'm confused on this, because your body would then be taking that force x2, so how would that not be 2x? Say two characters of equal AP attack you at once toward your torso, and you block that. To have stopped their combined force, you'd need a force equal to their combined force.
We don't stack up force like that, we just consider it endurance at that point.

We don't stack up force like that, we just consider it endurance at that point.
Okay, but why? I'd prefer if someone explained why this was the case instead of just hearing "that's just how we do it," because basic physics in the form of Newton's Third Law would disagree with what's being done

@DontTalkDT and @DarkDragonMedeus would be able to explain better. They're the ones who made the CRT for this.

That being said tho, this doesn't work for the opposite scenario. Suppose two characters/objects do an AP feat and it's calc'd as a certain value, then it's fine to divide the total yield by 2 for their individual AP yields. Or divide it by however many peeps it took to achieve the AP feat.

Last edited:
Several reasons. For a start, we never reason multipliers from anything but direct statements. It's the good old calc stacking problem of characters just not consistently performing at full yield 100% of the time.

Also, generally, if you want to combine two attacks to attack the same spot, that combination doesn't necessarily have 100% efficiency. Imagine two flamethrowers shot at the same spot. Would hardly make a difference.
Or combining water beams. They won't combine so clean that the result is one with the sum of their power. They water flow will always interfere with the other to some degree.

Several reasons. For a start, we never reason multipliers from anything but direct statements. It's the good old calc stacking problem of characters just not consistently performing at full yield 100% of the time.

Also, generally, if you want to combine two attacks to attack the same spot, that combination doesn't necessarily have 100% efficiency. Imagine two flamethrowers shot at the same spot. Would hardly make a difference.
Or combining water beams. They won't combine so clean that the result is one with the sum of their power. They water flow will always interfere with the other to some degree.
Okay well first, I wanna say, KT reopened the thread because I had some things to say and I was asleep when this response came so... there's that.

Okay sure, maybe they're not consistently at 100% but what about in cases where they are and there's legit no reason to assume they're not (yes I have a specific example in mind but regardless I feel this is pretty important). Say a guy blocks these two guys hitting him at once, stopping their force with his own, and assuming both of those guys are going at full power, as shown in this amazing drawing I have created. Wouldn't such a situation result in basically a force diagram like this?

Bump.

I wonder if these analogies apply to parrying solid strikes.

I wonder if these analogies apply to parrying solid strikes.
It applies to AP in general.

LS however, is another story entirely. Two characters pushing absolutely do have their LS doubled. Suppose Character A and B have Class T LS (Baseline) and Character C is wrestling with them, and then Character C eventually overpowers them both. Character C would then scale to 2x baseline Class T LS.

Back