• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calculate this

How would you calculate the Kinetic Energy from the creation of an earth tsunami?

Do you straight up calculate
  • the mass of earth moved from the parameters given?
  • Or do you assume it naturally loses energy the further away it travels from its origin point?
The amount of earth displaced travels a length of about 50 meters long and 10 meters high and spreads out in the shape of a hand fan so assume 120°.

What if you calculate the volume of the wave, then multiply it by the density of the water which will be in kg, The rest is determined by the velocity

What if you calculate the volume of the wave, then multiply it by the density of the water which will be in kg, The rest is determined by the velocity
Its not water but an earth tsunami would it still work that way?

So, it is movement of Earth in Tsunami shape?
Kinda? I can get the volume of earth moved by simply getting the area of a circle's sector and multiply by the height then get the mass by multiplying with normal soil density.

The issue is do I assume it loses energy as it progresses? Do I have to take that into account? Or can I simply calculate the K.E normally?

Back