• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calc a timeframe?

I am a beginner in calc and what makes me problem is the timeframe, how to calculate it? Since I am going to some forum and I still do not find the solution, help me please

I'm not a calcer and probably never will be, but from what I remember, calcers tend to use whatever can be determined from a given feat, e.g.:

Mentioned time or speed (Rasenshuriken and Pein's 1 second cooldown)

Freefall time of objects (iirc, giant objects like meteors can be calced while ignoring air resistance but smaller objects like humans need to be factored in, for example, Madara's meteor feat)

Explosion speed (nitroglycerine shockwave goes at 30x speed of sound according to wiki for example)

Speed of natural phenomena or objects/events with standard speed (lightning, arrows and bullets for example; like that of Toudou Touka's Raikiri, MCU Loki catching an arrow, Kirito swatting bullets from an assault rifle)

Normal human reaction time or normal human attacking speed (Theresia van Astrea killing a small group of monsters before one of them hits her husbando's head)

And even time taken to talk while the feat in question is happening, but iirc, this isn't reliable because they tend to time themselves speaking the line in english when it should be in japanese (japanese tend to have longer wordings for the same meaning, but they also tend to speak faster).... and speaking in action sequences tend to not follow time (like that time when Emiya Shirou was swinging his sword at Gilgamesh and Gil was still able to say something like "...right now, you are stronger", which, unless Gil can speak at hypersonic+ speeds, would be impossible).

Back