• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Time Travel feats should be accounted.

I'm new to the Site. How Time Travel feats should be accounted?

Many characters never states how much they can time travel, does this mean that a character that for example have the ability to travel back in time and went back in time 20 years for complete a mission should be assumed to be unable to go back another 1 second?

Because i see that usually, almost as an exception to the No limits fallacy, characters and Time machines that are stated to be able to Time Travel and that are actually are able to do that seems to be considered to be able to move in different point in times and limitation of that feat seems to be accounted only if stated or suggested by the context.

For instance, in recent chapters Saitama show his ability to reverse the Flow of Time.
It is not stated how much time passed from the beggining of the Garou fight and neither it was stated or suggest any limitation how much Saitama can alter the flow of Time.

Should we account his feat and the feat of similar characters as being unable to travel back on time 0,1 seconds from the point in which the Time Traveler arrive or we should not make distinction between Time Travel capabilities (like making different type of Time Travel classifications like the wiki does for Immortality and acausality) unless other possible limitations are suggested by the context?

Which classifications do you suggest?
If you meant what classification i'm refering to when i was talking about immortality and acausality, i was refering to this ones:

If instead you were asking what classification implement for Time Travels then...

...i dunno, that's why i'm asking if when someone Time Travel we should assume that he can Time Travel in any point in time or only up to the point where he landed (which for many characters or objects wouldn't make any sense to account only his ability as if there is a no stated limitation to go futher back even by 1 seconds from the displayed feat).

I'm curious if some Mods can answer this question🤔

@Maverick_Zero_X

Last edited:
I'm new to the Site. How Time Travel feats should be accounted?

Many characters never states how much they can time travel, does this mean that a character that for example have the ability to travel back in time and went back in time 20 years for complete a mission should be assumed to be unable to go back another 1 second?

Because i see that usually, almost as an exception to the No limits fallacy, characters and Time machines that are stated to be able to Time Travel and that are actually are able to do that seems to be considered to be able to move in different point in times and limitation of that feat seems to be accounted only if stated or suggested by the context.

For instance, in recent chapters Saitama show his ability to reverse the Flow of Time.
It is not stated how much time passed from the beggining of the Garou fight and neither it was stated or suggest any limitation how much Saitama can alter the flow of Time.

Should we account his feat and the feat of similar characters as being unable to travel back on time 0,1 seconds from the point in which the Time Traveler arrive or we should not make distinction between Time Travel capabilities (like making different type of Time Travel classifications like the wiki does for Immortality and acausality) unless other possible limitations are suggested by the context?
Tbf, time travel can happen in the past or future from present at any specific point time. It can been hundred thousand years, days, hours, minutes, and so on. Not just seconds

Last edited:
Tbf, time travel can happen in the past or future from present at any specific point time. It can hundred thousand years, days, hours, minutes, and so on. Not just seconds
Yeah, the problem is that i see many arguments around Time Travelers in which people argue that they cannot Travel beyond the displayed feat.
For Instance Saitama is Able to Time Travel but he decided to Time Travel only enough to defeat Garou.
Therefore people are arguing that we should account his ability to Time Travel only up to the point in which he used his ability (which should be few minutes -or hour if we lowball the fight - meaning he cannot go back in terms of many hours, days, months and years according to them; similar logic would apply to other characters as well)

...i dunno, that's why i'm asking if when someone Time Travel we should assume that he can Time Travel in any point in time or only up to the point where he landed (which for many characters or objects wouldn't make any sense to account only his ability as if there is a no stated limitation to go futher back even by 1 seconds from the displayed feat).

I'm curious if some Mods can answer this question🤔

@Maverick_Zero_X
Yes, I meant this

Yeah, the problem is that i see many arguments around Time Travelers in which people argue that they cannot Travel beyond the displayed feat.
For Instance Saitama is Able to Time Travel but he decided to Time Travel only enough to defeat Garou.
Therefore people are arguing that we should account his ability to Time Travel only up to the point in which he used his ability (which should be few minutes -or hour if we lowball the fight - meaning he cannot go back in terms of many hours, days, months and years according to them; similar logic would apply to other characters as well)
It isn’t unreasonable ngl as Saitama only did this one time for now. We don’t known if he can do it again

It isn’t unreasonable ngl as Saitama only did this one time for now. We don’t known if he can do it again
True, but you need also to look at their considerations on a systematic way and not just related to Saitama (it was just one of the most recent examples).

In General, if a character perform Time Travel one (since a series can even end with a character having a Time Travel ability that he just used 1 time) or multiple times without a stated limitation, should the feat be accounted only for the timeframe the character used it or we can make an exception to the NFL rule and assume that they can travel further back in time if other limitations are not stated?

The wiki seems to not have any clarifications on this point.

Last edited:
True, but you need also to look at their considerations on a systematic way and not just related to Saitama (it was just one of the most recent examples).

In General, if a character perform Time Travel one (since a series can even end with a character having a Time Travel ability thst he just used 1 time) or multiple times without a stated limitation, should the feat be accounted only for the timeframe the character used it or we can make an exception to the NFL rule and assume that they can travel further back in time if other limitations are not stated?

The wiki seems to not have any clarifications on this point.
I don’t think the NFL fallacy is necessary for Time Travel as it doesn’t have any combat applicable stuff necessarily unless it was explicitly used for combat.

Back