• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how stong do you need to be to be immune to bullets?

What exacly do you mean by immune? Im guessing you mean something like bullets when hit superman where they fall flat on the ground.
It depends on the weapon and the bullet but it would be around the lower part of 9-C you can search for muzzle energy.

I wouldn't really call this durability, but this is rather piercing damage resistance

Piercing damage isn't duraneg. It's still good-old fashioned durability but with smaller surface area than say, punches or kicks.
It still technically takes priority over raw durability unless proven otherwise

I suppose about (a bit higher into) 9-B level or dura is enough for that but in fiction bullets some reason do a lot more damage or are magical hence why you get guys who can tank nukes getting damaged by pistols

Also unrelated but plenty animals intexed as 9-B can easily be killed by an 10-B dude with a knife bc they just have bulk and not necessarily durability (horses can oneshot one another easily even as an accident, doing more damage than they can tank)

I suppose about (a bit higher into) 9-B level or dura is enough for that but in fiction bullets some reason do a lot more damage or are magical hence why you get guys who can tank nukes getting damaged by pistols
Most of the times bullets are inconsistent AF in fiction where even cosmic-level people are threatened by them. So it really depends on the verse and their nature.

Also unrelated but plenty animals intexed as 9-B can easily be killed by an 10-B dude with a knife bc they just have bulk and not necessarily durability (horses can oneshot one another easily even as an accident, doing more damage than they can tank)
There is a Real Life Animals CRT that's more or less taken into account these issues.

There are no 9-A bullets.

Tank Sabot Rounds and battleship cannon rounds don't count BTW. They're too big to be considered for piercing damage.

No not really. Piercing damage is just blunt force damage with smaller surface area. Just scale to the muzzle energy of the bullets involved.
That is similar to durability negation since taking 1000 newtons of force from a punch wouldn't mean you can take 1000 newtons of force coming from a knife or projectile similar to a bullet (though surviving that amount of piercing damage is still durability, no idea what Propellus is saying)

That is similar to durability negation since taking 1000 newtons of force from a punch wouldn't mean you can take 1000 newtons of force coming from a knife or projectile similar to a bullet (though surviving that amount of piercing damage is still durability, no idea what Propellus is saying)
Being similar doesn't make it dura neg regardless, dura neg would completely ignore that flesh as if it didn't exist (Like Intangibility and Phasing, or Poison), even with piercing damage there is still material to overcome.

They are armor piercing though
They're too big to fall under the "small surface area" argument that piercing damage primarily runs on as was deemed in this CRT.

Being similar doesn't make it dura neg regardless, dura neg would completely ignore that flesh as if it didn't exist (Like Intangibility and Phasing, or Poison), even with piercing damage there is still material to overcome.

They're too big to fall under the "small surface area" argument that piercing damage primarily runs on as was deemed in this CRT.
So would a sword that can cut atoms no longer count for durability negation?

well this thread suddenly got lively

Unless it’s Tokyo Revengers 😃😃😃

my friend, even with in verse statements that way weaker character can dodge transonic attacks in an extremely injured state people take guns that can no sell slashes that can cut trough boulders and are made with a funny metal as "regular guns"

it kinda just happens, and yes i'm talking about demon slayer because that's the only verse i scale

I think I’ve seen a calc for this and the result was 8-C to negg bullets Luke Cage-like

You don’t need the durability of the attack potency of a bullet to be completely immune to it.

You don’t need the durability of the attack potency of a bullet to be completely immune to it.
The problem is the muzzle energy of normal weapons are about 9-C and it's likely to decrease with distance so how strong would that weapon need to be 8-C?

The bullet doesn't need to be 8-C, your body does, because the surface area of the bullet makes it penetrate stuff that has higher durability than 9-c or 9-B.

Back