• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much energy would it take to "pulverize" Earth?

In any case, Vegeta busting the planet by "reducing it to ashes" wouldn't be overwhelmingly above baseline Planet level.

Not like you could completely pulverize it anyway, most of it is molten liquid rock and metal.

Last edited:
Also I was simply debunk one argument. I could've (should've) just said that he will turn it to space dust.

Also I was simply debunk one argument. I could've (should've) just said that he will turn it to space dust.
Vegeta's statement about ashes is explicit. If he specifically blurted out the words "space dust" letter for letter then you'd have a point. But that ain't the case here.

In any case, reducing to ashes would wield slightly lower values than completely vaping because the difference between the amount of heat required to turn something to ashes versus completely vaporizing someone isn't really that far off.

Also have fun trying to reduce the Earth's water supply and molten liquid mantle and outer core layers to ashes or even space dust, because those aren't combustible materials like wood which turns to ash after being burned at high-enough temps.

what j/cc value though
Varies on the materials composing Earth. Not all materials have specific values for being turned to ash stopping midway before hitting vaporization, most of them only have values for outright vaporization taken from scientific journals and whatnot.

But wouldn't matter anyway, you'd still have to overcome the GBE of the Earth and even without that I'd reckon it'd get pretty close to vaping the Earth (Which on its own is Low 5-B), not to mention you can't reduce its already-liquid mantle and outer core to ashes, only specific materials burn to ashes by skipping the vaporization state, like wood, or human bodies and so on.

Varies on the materials composing Earth. Not all materials have specific values for being turned to ash stopping midway before hitting vaporization, most of them only have values for outright vaporization taken from scientific journals and whatnot.

But wouldn't matter anyway, you'd still have to overcome the GBE of the Earth and even without that I'd reckon it'd get pretty close to vaping the Earth (Which on its own is Low 5-B), not to mention you can't reduce its already-liquid mantle and outer core to ashes, only specific materials burn to ashes by skipping the vaporization state, like wood, or human bodies and so on.
oh ok, i think it's low 5-B now

Back