• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much energy is need to at the very least one shot?

I had a conversation with TISSG7Redgrave about oneshotting your opponent.

He said 1.1 Megatons is needed at least to one shot 1 Megaton though I disagree because 1.1 Megaton is 10% above 1 Megaton.

Can someone please enlighten us?

Thanks for reading.

Wasn't this question answered in a previous thread?

Anyways, the result of that discussion was that to be on the safe side, you would need to be at least 3 to 10 times stronger in order to guarantee a one-shot (Probably because humans are either going shrug off the hit like nothing, or be completely out depending on where the blow hits).

You could have the same AP as your opponent, and still be able to one shot if a blow lands on a weak point, however.

Anyways, a similar issue has been covered by this thread here. To answer your question, if a character is able to withstand 1 Megatons worth in terms of durability, you would need at least 3 to 10 times that in order to guarantee a one shot.

But then fiction is rather inconsistent with this rule that characters can sometimes survive attacks coming from opponents with significantly higher AP in comparison to that character's durability.

Also the reason why I'm asking this is to see what people think.

Metal Mario875's explainatio about being 120 times stronger than your opponent at the very least is guaranteed to not only one shot but turn your opponent into bloodpaste.

I wanted to see how much force is needed at least to one shot without having to turn your opponent into bloodpaste.

Also may I ask where did the 3-10 times need to one shot come from, is there a source/scientific research?

Back