• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How many times faster or how fast you are when you can create 2 of you?

As the title said...

POV=Regular Human

YOU=Moving Faster Than Eye Sight and fast enough to create 2 of you in front of human

Question: How fast you are?

Question2: I might also need m/s too

However faster the fiction treats afterimage creation. There's no hard value.

Alright how about: Do you know any characters (any verse) have shown a feat fast enough to create 2 afterimage?

A question that does not have much to do with the thread. How fast do you need to be to stay FTE constant in the eyes of someone at least 0.50%c?

I can wave my hand in front of my face and it makes a blur

M3X said:
A question that does not have much to do with the thread.
Well just trying to measure to compare between 2 character's speed if it's viable. Dunno if it'd work.

M3X said:
How fast do you need to be to stay FTE constant in the eyes of someone at least 0.50%c?
Anytime since the character's speed could casually create 2 afterimage...

Also what's "c" in your "0.50%c"?

My question had nothing to do with your thread, I meant it. Also, "c" means "Times FTL" and 0.50%c means 50% of lightspeed

So... @anyone_who_wanna_answer_my_question Do you know any characters (any verse) have shown a feat fast enough to create 2 afterimage?

Hopefully someone could answer my question. :^)

Well, if it helps: Kenshin Himura could create an after image of himself in two opposite sides of a circular area around an opponent and he can move at Subsonic+ speeds. Kid Goku when he fought Korin for the first time could use the Afterimage Technique with several afterimages and he was Supersonic+.

Subsonic+
(Mach 0.5-0.9) (171.5-308.7 m/s)

Supersonic+ (Mach 2.5-5)

As stated above, there is not really a consensus or hard science on it (most of the time is simply an stylistic trick to show a fast character), it's simply reduced to being fast enough to trick eyesight and perception, which depends on many things; size of the object, distance at which it is located, etc. But nearing the speed of sound seems to be a good all around speed to trick the regular human in fiction.

Wow. That was good examples. It really helps thanks.

Inner thoughts:

Kenshin's speed was a good example for minimum while Kid Goku is higher.

Kid Goku's supersonic+ is based on 21st Bokudai while Tien Shinha profile don't have 21st Bokudai (only 22nd) and his reaction speed he couldn't see Kid Goku in the arena so Kid Goku is faster than Tien Shinhan. Don't know how fast Tien Shinhan was so I dunno how Kid Goku many times faster than Tien Shinhan.

If I use Kid Goku and Kenshin as my example... Character A should be at least 4-25x faster than Character B to create afterimages for bit or casually speedblitz their opponents. (In my opinion)

Overall it helped me really good though.

Hm... How much m/s in VSBattle to be qualify as speed blitz? Or what do you think to how much m/s in order to be qualify as speed blitz?

Glad I could help.

EDIT: Tien Shinhan didn't take part in the 21st Budokai, he was introduced for the 22nd. Goku's Supersonic+ speed is for his level when he fought in the 21st which was more or less the same as when he used the Afterimage Technique with Korin during the Red Ribbon Saga (right before the training made him noticeably stronger for his rematch with Tao Pai Pai).

Well, Tien Shinhan's profile does consider the speed he had when he fought Kid Goku I think, where it states "faster than Tao" which is what scales post-Korin training Goku to Hypersonic+ (Mach 10-25). It's been a while since I read DB but IIRC Tien Shinhan could keep up with Goku during their fight thanks to his third eye's enhanced vision, even interrupting the technique where Goku "dissapeared" from sight by running from one side to another incredebly fast by managing to trace him.

I don't know the Wiki's consensus on the minimun speed to be considered a speedblitz, sorry. But asking around will likely get you the answer.

But, as said before, there isn't really a real science for afterimages beyond lore or in-story logic the author creates to explain how they work. And those can differ: for example, Kenshin's afterimages aren't a technique, he's just so fast in-story that less skilled people can't process information quick enough to catch him with their eyes, while more skilled opponents (Soujiro, Saito, Shishio) don't see afterimages at all and can keep track of Kenshin clearly with no issue. In Dragon Ball skilled people see the afterimages just like normal people, but can see where the real person is hiding as well. So even the nature of the afterimage is up to how the story wants to make them work.

You can't scale the afterimage speed from one verse to another. It's not a constant thing, and as I said depends on the verse.

Speed blitzing isn't a set value either, but remember that a speed advantage up close will matter way more than one far away.

Back