• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is moving in a void Space-Time Resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovos aside, from what you're describing, it has time still intact in the void.

@Cal

In all seriousness, those worlds have been directly shown or stated to not have any time. Does this void show are mention such a thing?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I also think that Imaginyn is grossly overthinking this,though I currently am using my phone and can't type a lengthy respon to him.
Am I? In the interest of debate, I would love to see your response, however.

It seems simple, IMHO. Please, no offense meant. I don't doubt the possibility I could be proven wrong.

Consider: In a world with no space, but that has time, how would you measure time, or prove that it passed, without time manipulation? There's no clocks, no material to carbon date or be damaged, no life to measure the growth of, if anything grows in a world without space at all.... Your own memory? You taking action?

Time is generally, in real life, a means to measure the rate at which events occur, no?

So if you were in a void, with no space or time, yet you can still act in that void.... Then what is time indicative of, if things can still happen in both? Your clocks don't work?

To me, a void with no time sounds like all time would be the same, presumably, never progressing in any way at all, if time is just measurement of events occurring. If you tried to time travel in such a void, it would appear nothing happened, because the whole "timeline" of no time is all the same.

And fiction often depicts alternate timelines as alternate realities -different space- & alternate futures & such as the product of different things happening. It would seem like different timelines are just different realities created through, typically, forms of altering previously occurred events. Space is necessary for time, no? With no space, there's nothing to measure. With nothing, there'd be no events to change or order, no?

Nonetheless, it seems like being in a void with no time or space to me, just seems like it indicates you can function & act independently of the support of a proper set of physics for your existence.

And with no space or time in a void, they aren't being manipulated, & can't be manipulated. If time is only to measure progression of events occurring, & means little without space, then the absence of it doesn't indicate much, no?

And outside of the laws of physics, what consequences does an absence of space have, assuming a void has length, width, depth, etc.?

That better not be brought again my man, I'll let it slide but if I see it used for a void justifucation again I'm busting out the CRT .

Just saying, one can still keep track of time even if time doesn't exist. Even if the passage of time isn't exactly there, you can still note of how long stuff takes.

It's like in Lightning Returns, where the very concept of time being destroyed doesn't affect people still feeling the passage of time. There are still clocks, calendars and a direct feeling of years passing.

@one can still keep track of time even if time doesn't exist. Even if the passage of time isn't exactly there, you can still note of how long stuff takes.

INFINITE DRAGON BALL

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
@one can still keep track of time even if time doesn't exist. Even if the passage of time isn't exactly there, you can still note of how long stuff takes.
INFINITE DRAGON BALL
LET'S NOT GET CRAZY!!!!

...said Android 16

That doesn't quite make sense to me? Aren't we all bound by time? By removing time from the equation the ability to act doesn't quite exist at all.

@Ever I think you're talking about a timeless situation akin to not being able to age rather than there is absolutely no time.

Not really sure how a normal human, a being absolutely bound by time, would be able to think if time doesn't exist, let alone think about the concept that doesn't exist.

@SD

Actually in Lightning Returns time is literally destroyed.

"By removing time from the equation the ability to act doesn't quite exist at all."

And that is what we call plot.

It's akin to saying something is not a void because normal people can move around in it. We already had a thread where that was proven wrong and agreed to just be plot convenience.

Regardless I don't see Mewtwo getting any resistances for it.

The Everlasting said:
@SD
Actually in Lightning Returns time is literally destroyed.

"By removing time from the equation the ability to act doesn't quite exist at all."

And that is what we call plot.

It's akin to saying something is not a void because normal people can move around in it. We already had a thread where that was proven wrong and agreed to just be plot convenience.

Regardless I don't see Mewtwo getting any resistances for it.
This. IMHO, under the assumption time is necessary for action, & not merely a measurement of the progression of things, unless you have the ability to act without space or time to allow you to function, acting in a void is plot convenience, & disregards what the likely consequences of being in a void with no time or space actually would be.

And being in a place & acting in that place where there's no space or time doesn't mean they're being manipulated, especially if they don't exist to be manipulated there. Resistances to the manipulation of time &/or space shouldn't be granted for acting in a void.

Seems to be doing well.

Do we need anymore input? What do we do? Seems there's a few who disagree on the resistance

>no.

If enough people think it's bullshit it probably is.

Of course I'm not that keen on this, but it kinda doies make sense. Not that sure. Who knows.

I'm saying no because Matt already said it's cool, I went to Ryu and WB personally to see what they think and they accepted it, most people saying no have lack of knowledge on void w/o being infinite feats and got debunked by Ever, who in turn said he sees no resistance without providing reason why, even though he's contradicting his previous stance on void feats literally earlier in the same post.

@Cal

I was saying "passage of time means it's not a void" is wrong. I never said I see Mewtwo getting resistance from doing this.

At the very least this needs to be more consistent, because I know no other character who gets resistance to space-time hax via moving in a void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back