• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is 18 tier 4 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Poinciana

To be fair, he caught her off guard and if you catch someone off guard in Dragon Ball, you can deal a lot more damage to them. EX: Sorbet blasting Goku or 17 damaging Jiren for the first time.

Even then, it really didn't do that much damage.

A lot of ToP people are getting revised.

Once I get around to remaking the thread so that it can conclude, that is, considering wikia decided to lock me out of the last one, for some reason.

Well, I look forward to those revisions. Now that DBS has concluded (at least, for now) and we're not constantly adding new abilities or tracking new feats or transformations, we can really go back through the characters with a fine-tooth comb.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
A lot of ToP people are getting revised.
Once I get around to remaking the thread so that it can conclude, that is, considering wikia decided to lock me out of the last one, for some reason.
Did you try posting it, only for it to not actually post and you exit out that screen?

That's happened to me several times.

18 being not completely blitz'd by Tournament of Power characters should automatically grant her MFTL+ speed at the very minimum. Even if we disagree with her power level, the very fact that she doesn't get speed blitz'd to hell and back would garner at least some level of MFTL+ speed. Unless you're telling me that most fighters in the ToP are only FTL+ in speed and that Vegeta, Goku and 17 could've speed blitz and tossed them on the side whenever they wanted to with no difficulty whatsoever.

MFTL+ is only for 3-A characters from God Goku for example, if she is not 3-A, she is not MFTL+ because is only for that tier and onwards in Super.

Why?

"Scaling in AP is an outlier but scaling in speed is totally fine".

This is basically what you're saying, can you see the issue?

Dragon Ball generally portrays speed and power as being quite linear. There are minor exceptions like Burter Vs Recoome, but literally every single character who's overwhelmingly stronger by A > B > C is also overwhelmingly faster by that same logic.

I'm back!!! So y'all don't want to upgrade 18 because she apparently

an outlier (and I can make the same case with the others) or is it because y'all don't want the only woman on universe 7 to scale with her teammates?

I'm just curious

Everything she's done in DBS is consistent and she hasn't shown one inconsistent showing in DBS.

Y'all use limit breaker for other characters, but with 18 "massive outlier" Do y'all honestly think Tien, Roshi, or Krillin can be beat 18? Her AP should be at least 3-C or 3-B if she doesn't get a 3-A.

There was a thread a while ago to determine who sales where. 18 wasn't the only one downgraded, she just kicked the whole thing off. Fighting 3As is inconsistent when she has no indication of ever having trained in the time between her last appearance and TOP, unlike how the Saiyans, Piccolo, and 17 have explicitly been doing stuff. Those last 3 don't need to necessarily need to win to be in the same tier, although tbh Roshi may be able to, they're just comparable and as such would be in the same tier. You can't scale characters to a random tier without a feat like that. If you could, PMMM 5Bs would be around high tier 4-low tier 3 range, and 18 doesn't even have a super long train of scaling like they do. Limit breaks are used for other characters because it was outright stated for them, and even then where was much contention over that. 18 had no such mentions. Insinuating that she's being downgraded for being female is asinine, since as of now she literally scales with people on team U7. Not all of them were 3A-low 2C.

It's an outlier for now at least, but no; her being a woman has nothing to do with how we rate characters. Also, a lot of characters are getting downgraded, so were not giving 18 unfair treatment.

Goku and the others legit hold back often, especially Goku though. 18 may have stomped fodder characters, but she's always struggling with stronger characters and needs to be rescued a lot. Goku on the other hand just plays with his enemies fodder or not, and even his base form has shown to be above SSJ2 Kaulifa for example.

No, the human characters are definitely weaker than 18, and all the High 4-C characters should get a "+" sign scaling from Tien destroying Katchin. But we don't just give rough estimates like that; the best we could give her is an at least Large Star level+.

Considering how a lot of the DB fanbase always wanted more female fighters and more powerful ones at that, us not allowing 18 to be higher due to sexism is...utterly ridiculous.

18 does not have the statements, implications or scaling to back up being 3-A. Those limit breaks were outright stated and even then there was a lot of contention on to even accept them and to what extent.

I didn't pull any card I was just sticking up for my home girl and FYI I was joking because If that was the case other females from the tournament would be low too

inb4 11C Kefla because she's a fusion of two girls so we have to be twice as sexist now

@Kep

The Kachi Katchin is even stronger than ordinary Katchin, being the strongest substance in the entire multiverse, so if Katchin is 4-B I could see Kachi Katchin being At least 4-B.

DarkDragon: Roshi, Tien, Krillin and 18 are High 4-C+. Gohan was not 4-B when he was unable to destroy the Katchin and there is no proof that they are stronger than Dabura.

I know Katchin's tier comes from Gohan wielding Z Sword being unable to cut through it, that's despite the fact that training with Z sword made his base form much stronger and he's stronger than Supreme Kai. Which would make him Large Star level+ at bare minimum. But then Old Kai transformed him into Ultimate Gohan.

Suppose 4-B for all human characters and Android 18 is in order than? Also pretty sure Goten and Kid Trunks are still canonically stronger than the humans.

Also Ribranne consistently fought 3-As 18 was able to fight her She broke her limits thinking of her family and defeated super ribrianne She also tanked the same attack as 17 Her blast was doing comparable damage as his Took a beating from analiza Kicked a supressed attack from SSB goku way before the tournament

Aeyu, we don't use at least 4-B since they are obliviously not much stronger than SS Vegito.

It seems I keep speaking too soon... Dark649's judgement I trust.

Vegito is easily many thousands of times above Cell since Base Gotenks after the RoSaT is already stronger than SSJ3 Goku. I believe "at least 4-B" is fine.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also pretty sure Goten and Kid Trunks are still canonically stronger than the humans.
I'm pretty sure it was directly stated somewhere that Goten and Trunks are stronger than Roshi and Krillin, or something along those lines.

We also do not use the at least on 4-B even if power levels are abused because of the incredible gap listed in the note, so the best i can give is 4-B. There is worst than that with Yamcha, 18 and Krillin being 4-A in GT.

I'm just trying to figure out how the heck Tien, Roshi and Krillin on 18 level? What have they done?

If they can easily go from planet level to star level, I see no reason why 18 shouldn't be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back