• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How high is the resistance to timestop if you have infinite speed?

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Pretty much the title.

How high would the resistance of a character be if they were infinite speed? Do we assume it to be baseline, or can they simply not be affected by any timestop that didn't affect infinite speed characters?

ok so wiki says.
"While time stop, which could be viewed as an infinite speed amplification"

so they are equal ig (baseline infinite vs baseline ts)

I mean, currently we consider beings who have infinite speed to have resistances to time stop.

And beings who could time stop them have a much better TS, iirc.
Is it stated Somewhere ? Can't find it on TS nor Speed page.

Although if that's the case then that's yet another flaw of our speed system.

Is it stated Somewhere ? Can't find it on TS nor Speed page.

Although if that's the case then that's yet another flaw of our speed system.
I believe the logic behind that is: Infinite speed is walking in 0 seconds. Time stops is, as the name implies, stopping time to 0 seconds. There's no reason for TS to work on them.

Though, its weird that I cannot find it on any page. I do recall seeing it a lot on vs threads though.

I believe the logic behind that is: Infinite speed is walking in 0 seconds. Time stops is, as the name implies, stopping time to 0 seconds. There's no reason for TS to work on them.
That's the logic behind it yeah.
Although it would be like saying multiplying the speed of an immobile rock by infinity would make it move.

There's no movement at all, so how fast one can move wouldn't matter.

So at speed equal equal speed it doesn't give you resistances.

However, at unequal speed, would it give a thing like "being beyond any layer of TS" due of them being regularly unbound from time, unlike those who have just layers since they're still bound from it in their movements?

However, at unequal speed, would it give a thing like "being beyond any layer of TS" due of them being regularly unbound from time, unlike those who have just layers since they're still bound from it in their movements?
Thing is that they aren't truly "unbound" from it, as explained above.
Kinda like how a High 3-A is the peak of 3D but not unbound by it.

is the fact that the wiki treat Time Stop as infinite speed amplificator (which i proved above) being ignored? either way, they are equal, infinite isn't unbound by it

Thing is that they aren't truly "unbound" from it, as explained above.
Kinda like how a High 3-A is the peak of 3D but not unbound by it.
What I mean is simply that an infinite speed will always move without being limited from the time periods unlike the speeds below. A character with finite speed would still be limited from time periods in the movement unlike Infinite Speed charas.

Back