• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How fast would moving outside of the normal axis of time be?

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I'm curious since a character in a manga I'm reading has this as an ability.

To be exact, the ability is described as this:

She shifted from "Real Time" into "Dual Time" which is a limitless stoppage of time within reality

This is not a true time stop (since her opponent literally forced her way into the axis of time she was using) , so how would this be gauged?

Oh clockwork planet i read that when i saw that feat i was surprised didn't expect such feats from that series. Yea seems like infinite speed to me.

Yea, was thinking of making profiles for this series but i kinda forgot to do that lol, are you planning on creating them?

That was my plan, but I thought I'd get more input on this before the admins start breathing down my neck for explanations.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Sounds like infinite speed to me.
Not exactly. This is following the theory that there's multiple time dimension in one space (in basic term). For instance, one second in one time could be a year in another time. Unlike the hyperbolic chamber one which just used the time dilation of one time dimension, this is literally using another time (imaginary time in this case).

Oh that makes sense so it's just having access to different times, it said she travelled between the gap zero and one second with speed nobody in the world could catch up with, anyway this is a really interesting ability.

Apparently she fought with several automatons for hours while using Mute Scream, even though time had not even moved in real-time. So would it be alright to post it as "Possibly Infinite" for the time being?

Idk i dont have any knowledge on this sort of ability but from what i can see ryuzu can access different times between 0 and 1 seconds and it was described as a space time gap and it allows time in the real world to not move but in her time hours to take place it said she travelled the gap between 0 and 1 seconds with speed, what speed allows for such a thing? I am not sure what to make of this someone more savy on the topic should help out.

Reppuzan said:
Apparently she fought with several automatons for hours while using Mute Scream, even though time had not even moved in real-time. So would it be alright to post it as "Possibly Infinite" for the time being?
I didn't said it won't move, i said it move in different time (you can't slice, dice or even move an object that's frozen in time after all). It's not like she move as that speed, it's more like she jumped from one time to another. So this would fall into time manipulation rather than speed.

It's really hard to say, though I lean more towards it being some unquantifiable form time manipulation than infinite speed.

I don't know much about the series, but if it being Infinite speed is contradicted by other showings...

I suppose it is a bit ridiculous, since she was described as fighting for several hours in Dual Time when a single second hadn't passed in reality.

Kind of odd and hard for me to decide here. IDK if it could be Infinite or just like what Prom said and just define it as being some form unquantifiable form of time manipulation.......

I would also like to bring up the fact that Zoom has a similar power (moving on an axis outside of standard time, where it's also described as a limitless time stoppage)

It's time manipulation (or rather Time Jumping, even though that isn't accurate either... probably Time Shift?), in my opinion.

It seems like time manipulation that grants something akin to infinite speed, but does not affect the character's normal reactions or speed, I suppose.

Hmm that's a bit confusing so it's the manipulation of time to give infinite speed to where it seems like real time is stopped and in your own time you have a limitless stoppage of time in otherworlds a limitless amount of time to do anything but you have your own normal reactions.

I will necro this a bit, since it didn't seem to have a conclusion, I just happened to read that manga as far as I found it translated and because I would otherwise want to do a new thread with the same topic.

0000chapter 7
From chapter 7

First I would think that this probably should not be listed in the speed section.
That would essentially be like listing "Infinite with timestop", for all characters which can stop time.

Now for the question which speed she has, while using this technique:

Infinite would seem to be the minimum, as it is at least a timestop, but I have another suggestion: Immeasureable.

Why that? Well, look at the explanation to her technique on the right. The technique enables you to move on a second axis of time (imaginary time) and lets you completly ignore the linear time of the normal time axis.

I am not the greatest expert, but it sounds like that could even be immeasureable to me.

What would be with Anchor brute forcing her way into it then?

I would think this would be feat of resisting time manipulation, the same way people moving in timestops are usually considered to have resistance to time stops.

The concept of brute forcing that isn't so rare (take goku for example), though in ths case the brute force might include large amounts of space manipulation, given that anchors every movement caused large distortions in space, while moving in this technique.

Immeasurable speed when using time manipulation? Wow, as for anchor she probably just used large amounts of spatial manipulation to brute force through it.

I am uncertain, but it at least qualifies as infinite speed.

Infinite speed should hopefully be fine, yes.

@Reppuzan: Personally, I still think we should consider Trishula's ability just as resistance to Ryuzu's, instead of as the ability to do basically the same thing through her own ability.

At least until Trishula shows that she on her own is capable of using imaginary time in a technique.

@DontTalk

I mean, she's forced her way inside another axis of time. But I see your point.

It is a lot like forcing ones way into a timestop IMO, just way more impressive resistance.

From the perspective of verse mechanics Trishula also lacks the gear to initiate imaginary time and has instead the perpetuum mobile, no?

@DontTalk

Yeah, she has the Perpetual Gear instead, allowing her to run on an infinite amount of thermal energy in order to power her abilities. But it's also mentioned that she was tearing apart Ryuzu's Imaginary/Dual Time while fighting her. Don't know if that changes anything.

IMO that just shows that she was more destroying/resisting the technique, then able to truly use it.

Might be something for her dura negation, though. Would point towards her not just being able to destroy space, but also spacetime.

Back