• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How exactly type 4 immortality works?

I mean what happens if the body (or even the soul) of this character will be destroyed? Deity will resurrect this character? And how works immortality given by Shenron?

Sorry for bad english :/

The way this site works is that as long as the person that granted the immortality (The God/Shenron) is stronger than the person attacking you, you'd regen/be immortal from it. At least I think. And if the person attacking you is stronger than the being that granted you immortality, you die.

But wait doesn't that mean any immortality granted by Porunga or Shenron would automatically be useless since they're both individually weaker than the Z Fighters and their enemies right now?

Type 4 immortality is, in my opinion, meaningless. Immortality via being a god or blessed by one can easily be simplified into the other immortalities or powers. Your god stops you aging? Type 1. Your god protects you from being harmed? Invulnerability. Your god won't let you die even if you are harmed? Type 2. Your god heals you from anything that harms you? Type 3. Your god made your soul able to possess people who feel satisfaction in killing you? Type 6. Your god made you a lich? Type 7.

However, it would be far too much effort to remove the type 4 category and reshuffle all the immortalities types for every immortal character on the wiki for far too little reward, so it has to stay as is unfortunately.

There's a bunch of Immortalities that outright don't make sense.

There's no reason for Type 3 to exist, Type 3 Immortality is someone who can regenerate, that's all.

The separation between Type 8 and 9 is redundant, 9 is 8, but reliant on yourself instead of something else.

Type 3 is someone who is immortal because they can regenerate, not just for regenerators. Plenty of characters can regenerate, but they will still age and die.

9 is about the body being immortal because the body isn't actually you, it's just a puppet or projection.

8 is just continuing to live as long as something else does.

Type 9 being "reliant on yourself" I honestly feel is a forcibly simplified version to make it sound like Type 8.

Closer to an avatar-real form kind of deal.

For example Madotsuki. Hurting her dream form won't ever come close to hurting her, given that this is just her avatar within her dreams. While her true self is in the "real world"

The Everlasting said:
forcibly simplified version to make it sound like Type 8.
There's literally zero point to this whatsoever, not sure where you got that.

It is literally being reliant on a different version of you, whether an Apostis is reliant on their true versio. Or just you being reliant on another version of you is my honest thoughts.

Because what's the point in trying to make it sound like Type 8? Nothing.

Anyway, apologies for bailing in the chat, I got a call.

I'm saying that saying Type 9 is pointless because it's "Type 8 but different" is wrong.

Type 8 is being reliant on the existence of another object/concept.

Type 9 is just you making avatars.

Saying they're identical because "they're both reliant on yourself" is, to me, a forced interpretation.

There's zero rhyme or reason to making a forced interpretation. But it comes down to viewpoint really.

Gargoyle, you keep saying "Apostis" referring to Karl Kraft/Cagliostro/LDO#13

You mean "Sensory"

Merc's "Apoptosis" is what Reinhard is

One question, how do you know that a character is immortal because of his Regenerationn?.

I agree with Type 4 Immortality being practically useless as it just means that they have high regen or some collectives of abilities granted to them. And also by the very definition of Type 4 given, again, any immortality granted by Shenron or Porunga would be useless as everyone is now stronger than Guru, the Namekian elders or Dende (Or either of the Dragons).

and to answer above.... you can't. Type 3 is literally just "You have such high regen that you're immortal now". In all honesty we need to rework the immortality page because a lot of it just frankly doesn't work.

Back