• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how does square law work?

let's say i have a 50 megaton explosion. There's a 90x50cm creature about, let's say a) 10 meters b) 90 meters c) 150 meters away from the explosion. How much did it tank? How do i calc that?

There is a tutorial on the explosion yield method in the wiki.

But let's calc this anyways.

First, we know the power of the explosion is 50 Megatons, ie P = 50000000 tons of tnt.

Intensity formula = P/4piR^2, where R is the distance of the human from the explosion.

After finding that, you need to multiply the intensity with the Crosssection area of the dude. You could just find the surface area of the dude and divide by 2, but Im on the phone so it's a bit annoying to find the SA for the dude you chose, so I'll just assume average CA (Crosssection area) of 0.68 m^2

I'll just calc the distance of 10 and 150 meters.

I = (50000000) / (4π((10)^2)) = 39788 tons.

Assuming CA is 0.68 m^2, then energy would be = 39788 x 0.68 = 27056 tons of tnt, or 27 Kilotons.

And at 150 meters, that would be a whopping... 120 tons of tnt.

Back