• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do you destroy an omnipresent without being omnipresent?

Nuke the area they are omnipresent in or use a targeted attack (an attack that can target and destroy an individual).

Assaltwaffle said:
Nuke the area they are omnipresent in or use a targeted attack (an attack that can target and destroy an individual).
very funny, you got me. Now stop joking around, I know isn't that easy.

Reality warping on a corresponding scale also works if you want to avoid nuking everything.

But yeah nuking the multiverse is a good way to kill someone omnipresent throughout it

Assaltwaffle said:
I mean what else is needed? If it isn't omnipresent in the universe, destroy the universe. So on and so forth.
But isn't omnipresence basically being everywhere and NOWHERE. How does destroying the universe actually make you win against an omnipresent in the universe?

Because if they are omnipresent within the universe, they are bound to it.

Zamasu is a good example of an omnipresent that obviously wouldn't survive timeline busting attacks

Hax like Soul, Death, Concept, Law, etc works regardless of where your opponent may or may not be, and omnipresent still have durabilities and don't always have good regen. Did you have a specific character in mind that you can't think of a way to kill?

Chaos gods are high 1B/1A, basically everyone in that tier has some sort of way of dealing with omnipresent. Not knowledgeable on Elder Scrolls, Giygas can still get haxxed and stuff. Hell, you can PK flash him and get lucky with the one shot in game.

Also, omnipresent still have durability. You can hit an omnipresent hard enough and it will die, discounting regen/rez abilities. Its the ones that exist as concepts and other abstract stuff that are trickier.

But since an omnipresent is everywhere, doesn't it mean it's also inside you and right next to you so it basically means it can kill you in n any given moment?

Also aren't omnipresent characters usually just formless?

Sorry for the dumb questions I just wanna get this pinned down

I don't think omnipresent are usually equalized like that. A lot are just "Omnipresent within X", usually at the highest the confines of their verse. While 1A and above can have true omnipresence, when you get that strong battles are less battles anyways, so 1A stuff shouldn't be used to set precedents. They're usually formless, but not always. The formless ones also wouldn't have the issue you described above with basically telefragging people passively, especially if they're just omnipresent across time or omnipresent due to being a conceptual embodiment or something. They aren't omnipresent where they've been destroyed.

Also, how to defeat a 1-A character without doing much of anything. Increase their power so much they are at High 1-A and are now banned from the versus form you're on.

So only 1-A can have omnipresence? Also if you are omnipresent in a multiverse or hyperverse and you can only destroy a universe, does that count as damaging an omnipresent?

Sometimes you can kill an omnipresent by destroying the concept they embody/represent. Destroy the concept of pain = you may kill them.

In the case for your question regarding the Princes of TES, they existed before the concept of time and what they came to embody as spirits, so that probably wouldn't work.

Strong enough concept manip works to 1-A. The TES Princes absolutely due to good concept manipulation.

Not that only they can have omnipresent, but that lower tiers will still have places where another character could theoretically go and not be engulfed. 1A space is basically all there is. Off the top of my head, Yog Sothoth's omnipresence is that literally everything is part of it, and its on a high 1A scale. There's not really a way to not be within Yog with something like that. But lower tiered omnipresent don't work like that, so characters with dimensional portals or pocket realities and stuff can still escape the place where the omnipresent is. Also omnipresents can just die. If you hit someone's leg hard enough to blow it off they'd still die. Not all kills are via total destruction. Omnipresents tend to be haxxy anyways, and as such fight haxxy chars, and we've established that Omnipresent doesn't null hax.

Only 1-As can have true Omnipresence. Everyone else has "Omnipresence within X", so if someone is Omnipresent within a Timeline then another character would logically need to nuke the entire place and GG. And like said above, Omnipresence doesn't prevent hax. Omnipresent or not, if I induce death upon your soul (Which is everywhere, so omnipresence is kind of bad since I can sort of just blast it anywhere whilst targetting you and you'd immediately die) then it's GG as well.

How would an omnipresent fight though? Is it automatically faster than any speed, even though it's not really speed but state of existence? So can a character with MFTL speed do shit or is it getting destroyed, since Omnipresence makes you everywhere, but does being everywhere make you fast enough?

I think Omnipresents usually blitz people who aren't immeasurable or irrelevant, but it gets equalized all the time. While its not technically a speed, rather a state of being, it functions much like one for the purpose of vs battles.

Depends on the character I guess. Lots of characters aren't physically omnipresent, instead existing as a concept or something, and as such project avatars or manifestations of themselves. Those projections probably aren't omnipresent.

You mean like, being nowhere?

Probably depends from the omnipresent and what you mean with "not be"

If you mean something like "not manifesting anywhere", a ton of abstract beings can.

So just to get this straight, only true omnipresence allows you to be NOWEHRE along with everywhere at the same time'

A lot of what you're asking is character specific. Rather than try to make blanket statements on what omnipresence does and does not confer, its generally better to just make these judgement calls on a case by case basis.

Back