• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How different would most verses look without dimensional tiering?

So maybe this is a dumb thought to even have, (And maybe I'm misunderstanding some things.) but I was reading through the tier system again and something stuck out at me. Quote from the complex multiversal description, "Characters who can universally affect, create and/or destroy spaces whose size corresponds to three to five higher levels of infinity greater than a standard universal model. In terms of "dimensional" scale, this can be equated to 7 and 9-dimensional real coordinate spaces (R ^ 7 to R ^ 9)"

So the description of all the higher tiers talks about both levels of infinity and "dimensional" scale. Something I've noticed is that most verses that reach tier 1 do so by scaling to statements of higher dimensional space or being beyond the concept of space in some way. For example the chaos gods from Warhammer 40k or the Daedric Princes from Elder Scrolls.

Both of those list their reasons for high 1-B as being beyond infinite dimensional space. So when I think of levels of infinity I think of this scan from DC Comics where this dude is explaining how the multiverse is nested inside an omniverse. So if you ignore dimensional tiering scaling to the DC omniverse would be low 1-C assuming the universes and multiverses that make it up are all infinite in size.

I guess what I'm getting at, and maybe this is my ignorance, but it feels like most high tier verses are only high tier because they scale to a statement about dimensions instead of from actual feats like a dude blowing up some kind of crazy multiversal superstructure composed of an infinite amount of infinite layers of multiverses. If a verse did have a feat like that it'd be, as far as I understand, high 1-B when tons of other verses get there or even higher based on a statement of being beyond dimensions. And well, I think that's kind of lame and I think it'd be interesting to know for sure how disregarding, (Or at least requiring a way higher burden of proof.) dimensional tiering would shake up the tier system. Like which verses would end up on top, what the biggest downgrades would be, etc.

And to be clear I'm not saying the tier system should be changed or anything like that. This is just a stupid thought I had and I'm curious what other people think about how the site would look if dimensional tiering got Thanos snapped for a day.

Well, there would be Chaos of course, and a new Tiering System would be set up. Everything below 2-A could remain the same but everything else would have to be reworked.

And I agree lot of characters get their Tier from more tell than show. Some of the lamest characters end up scaling up to them and just make you go "Whaaaat..."

4ww9v8.jpg

But seriously, having higher dimensions alone now does not give you tier 1 or above. You have to show the higher dimensions trivialize lower dimensions.

But seriously, having higher dimensions alone now does not give you tier 1 or above. You have to show the higher dimensions trivialize lower dimensions.
Then why are Elder Scrolls characters listed at high 1-B and such? I'm reasonably familiar with Elder Scrolls lore and even going through their pages I don't really see any evidence that dimensions work that way in Elder Scrolls. And tbh the only feat I know of in the whole verse that's even close to planet level is from some of Kirkbride's writings where Alduin ate a bunch of stuff and got bigger and bigger until he was sneezing out large sections of farmland that he accidentally snorted.

Most of the stuff in both the lore and gameplay is street tier stuff with even characters like Vivec and Almalexia struggling against human characters in things like the Four Scores War, or regular Dunmer doing just as well against Dagoth Ur's forces as Vivec and Almalexia did when they lost Kagrenac's tools.

Then why are Elder Scrolls characters listed at high 1-B and such? I'm reasonably familiar with Elder Scrolls lore and even going through their pages I don't really see any evidence that dimensions work that way in Elder Scrolls. And tbh the only feat I know of in the whole verse that's even close to planet level is from some of Kirkbride's writings where Alduin ate a bunch of stuff and got bigger and bigger until he was sneezing out large sections of farmland that he accidentally snorted.

Most of the stuff in both the lore and gameplay is street tier stuff with even characters like Vivec and Almalexia struggling against human characters in things like the Four Scores War, or regular Dunmer doing just as well against Dagoth Ur's forces as Vivec and Almalexia did when they lost Kagrenac's tools.
i asked a question about higher dimensions in elder scrolls a while back. It just got ignored.

High 1-B, 1-B magi gods get nuked horribly, drop down to tier 5 at worst and low 2-C/3-A atbest
Actually, Magi cosmology wouldn’t be affected, since it’s not based on dimensionality statements, but on a layered multiverse like what the OP described as still being allowed.

Actually, Magi cosmology wouldn’t be affected, since it’s not based on dimensionality statements, but on a layered multiverse like what the OP described as still being allowed.
layered multiverse or not, still using dimensionality with greater infinity, so it is going to be affected nonetheless

There's no multiverse, just a single universe with multiple multi layered dimensions. Their best feats are planetary level reality warping, fate manipulation that doesn't work on acasuals and creating and destroying a universe. They don't even have concept manipulation or any type of godly regen, no resistances either. They get nuked

Last edited:
There's no multiverse, just a single universe with multiple multi layered dimensions. Their best feats are planetary level reality warping, fate manipulation that doesn't work on acasuals and creating and destroying a universe. They don't even have concept manipulation or any type of godly regency, no resistances either. They get nuked

There are parallel universes if I understand this page correctly

They also have nothing going for them in the hax department, they're only being carried by their dimensionality, without it any reasonable tier 2 would stomp them

It's very interesting the whole "layer" business. The idea that if a verse cosmos is structured in a hierarchy it is assumed superior to verses where their cosmos has no hierarchy.

It's very interesting the whole "layer" business. The idea that if a verse cosmos is structured in a hierarchy it is assumed superior to verses where their cosmos has no hierarchy.
Not necessarily, a cosmology without layers can have a higher volume of objects than a cosmology with a hierarchy.
A multiverse containing an aleph-omega number of universes would be 1-A+ while an infinite hierarchy would be high 1-B

Not necessarily, a cosmology without layers can have a higher volume of objects than a cosmology with a hierarchy.
A multiverse containing an aleph-omega number of universes would be 1-A+ while an infinite hierarchy would be high 1-B
so having an aleph omega number of 3-D universes is 1-A+

Why? I thought outrrversal is supposed to beyond space and time, why does have a certain number of spaces give you that rating?
1. Beyond space-time normally doesn't give 1-A and above anymore
2. It is involve maths, Continuum Hypothesis which involve infinite set......oh...umm, kinda hard to explain why, you can search it on internet

Why? I thought outrrversal is supposed to beyond space and time, why does have a certain number of spaces give you that rating?
Tier 1-A is not for characters completely beyond space-time, even Tier 0 characters are still bound to space-time
Tier 1-A, high 1-A and 0 are thirds like the others, but the characters in these tiers can destroy much larger volumes of objects

I have not seen one 1-A character get their rating from that? Any examples?
well actually if literal math, most of the time they get tier from high 1-A to 0

There is also this:

Tbvh this sounds like overhyping abstract math concepts. It is very specific and I don’t know why we are holding it as a meter for all fiction.

This is why I don’t care for above 2-A, it becomes more about, what the character is rather than what they have done.

Tbvh this sounds like overhyping abstract math concepts. It is very specific and I don’t know why we are holding it as a meter for all fiction.

This is why I don’t care for above 2-A, it becomes more about, what the character is rather than what they have done.
It is not a strict standard but an additional means
A character can be 1-A by infinitely transcending a 1-B high hierarchy or by destroying an aleph-2 number of dimensions

This just wrong. I can guess where this is coming from. The raws is something like this.
These scan just show dimensions that are in a single universe. The most concrete showing of magic cosmology I remember is the one by Sinbad.

That page is the entire cosmology fully drawn, just that does lower worlds would likely be smaller.
Which chapter is this scam from again? Imma go back and read it again

Back