• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Aren’t you that guy who argued goku can get infinity^2 times stronger to match his opponent no matter what? I’d say you aren’t a stranger to highballs yourself….
You couldn't debunk it tho🗿 Also that's a mass oversimplification. I argued Goku would rise to the power he needs to beat his opponent as he did with Jiren to bridge the 3-A to Low 2-C jump. Cope ⚰️

Ok now prove he can jump to 2-C if he gets his shit kicked in by whis
I don't have to prove anything more than I already did. It's for you to prove he can't. And please don't say they've fought before. Goku didn't need to beat Whis, as he wasn't in true danger so his body didn't adapt.

When universal power system mechanics makes everyone in a verse absurdly haxed because almost every power and resistance is something that scales to every character that exists in the setting, whereas even fodder have like 3 layers of resistance to 15 different types of offensive hax.

Bonus point if the characters become so broken that the only matches said verse can have are with other members of it's own cast or top 10 strongest smurfs/ non smurfs threads (wich also end with them either stomping or getting stomped)

Cold take:

Woltekamui >>>> Your favorite verse.
oAmgVg0.jpg

Pretty much all tier 1 fights are comparing hax and resistance to see wich character stomps ( 80% of the time with people disagreeing with the other debaters interpretations of already accepted feats leading to complicated CRTs to try and Nitpick the other character into a downgrade or to upgrade your own.)
There's barely any match there where characters could have a real fight other than "passively exists" or "thinks" gg

Pretty much all tier 1 fights are comparing hax and resistance to see wich character stomps ( 80% of the time with people disagreeing with the other debaters interpretations of already accepted feats leading to complicated CRTs to try and Nitpick the other character into a downgrade or to upgrade your own.)
There's barely any match there where characters could have a real fight other than "passively exists" or "thinks" gg
Any fight that has to do with "Character A having 4D hax" or "Character B resisting said hax" or other Conceptual Dimensional bullshit is ass.

That's exactly why I said Skill/Low Hax battles >>> High Hax battles.

When universal power system mechanics makes everyone in a verse absurdly haxed because almost every power and resistance is something that scales to every character that exists in the setting, whereas even fodder have like 3 layers of resistance to 15 different types of offensive hax.

Bonus point if the characters become so broken that the only matches said verse can have are with other members of it's own cast or top 10 strongest smurfs/ non smurfs threads (wich also end with them either stomping or getting stomped)
common D&D W

We should stop having absolute rankings on profiles and just put highballs, lowballs, and mid ends on profiles, especially when considering different calc ends. And I also think we should have at minimum 2 or 3 times multipliers for one shotting or something, as to prevent the messy scaling chain issues that lead to the “at least _____ likely far higher, far higher with _______ Even higher when ________”
i do sometimes have the idea that all potential scales for a character that have any merit whatsoever should be at least mentioned on the profile, since 1 objective tier for most characters is basically impossible, though im not sure, probably not on the vs wiki

Then they hit 1-A and offensive hax becomes irrelevant, instead it's all about "layers/Alephs" and if you're just one layer above someone you automatically AP stomp them to infinity.

Anyway hot take: resistance negation and resistance to resistance negation are among the most dumb P&A a character can have.

Cold take:

Silver >>>> Any other metal
Mebubti.jpg
Silver is pretty cool, can kill vampires and werewolves, has antimicrobial effects, is expensive but not as unaffordable as gold, is shinier than iron and heavier too, painting your car silver will make you seem less of a pompous asshole than painting it gold,etc.

Silver is pretty cool, can kill vampires and werewolves, has antimicrobial effects, is expensive but not as unaffordable as gold, is shinier than iron and heavier too, painting your car silver will make you seem less of a pompous asshole than painting it gold,etc.
It can also freeze dragons to death.

I don't disagree or have like a dislike for them but Layering Hax can make matches extremely toxic or undoable and I don't wanna recommend just completely ignoring them in matches but they make fights become shit.

Back