• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Horror 9-C Tournament: Chestburster vs John Ward (Alien vs FAITH)

Well, even if he can't get a shot right off the bat, he is still used to fighting things that hide for most of the fight. If the restaurant is an open place, then he could just keep an eye out in the middle of the dining area and shoot it whenever it comes out to attack.
If he's not gonna give chase to the Chestburster it's just gonna hide until it becomes an Adult Xenomorph.

Again, given how an adult is at minimum 9-B I feel like it shouldn't be allowed, but whatever.

Let's say he does give chase, what does the chestburster have if John just starts flipping the tables over to expose and shoot it when he finds it?

Let's say he does give chase, what does the chestburster have if John just starts flipping the tables over to expose and shoot it when he finds it?
Well, if he does that the Chestburster can quickly move to a different hiding spot due to its high travel speed (probably Superhuman or Peak Human I'm too lazy to do the speed equalization math) or use that speed to close the distance between them so it fatally can bite him.

Well, if he does that the Chestburster can quickly move to a different hiding spot due to its high travel speed (probably Superhuman or Peak Human I'm too lazy to do the speed equalization math) or use that speed to close the distance between them so it fatally can bite him.
From what I remember from the one time I saw Alien, the chestburster likes to run away more than a direct attack, and the examples on the page are either for an adult or for a facehugger, not the chestburster.
I don't see what is stopping John from chasing after the worm and shooting it when he finds it. Speed is equalized so it's not like the chestburster can instantly move away from him if he finds it, and his reaction speeds are faster than his movement, so aiming the gun and firing shouldn't be that hard.
Correct me on this if I'm mistaken, but this isn't a massive place, it's a burger join that probably has an open front space filled with tables and chairs. If the chestburster tries to hind under the tables, why can't John just crouch and see the entire floor?

From what I remember from the one time I saw Alien, the chestburster likes to run away more than a direct attack, and the examples on the page are either for an adult or for a facehugger, not the chestburster.
You forgot this example.
I don't see what is stopping John from chasing after the worm and shooting it when he finds it. Speed is equalized so it's not like the chestburster can instantly move away from him if he finds it, and his reaction speeds are faster than his movement, so aiming the gun and firing shouldn't be that hard.
Xenos are very skilled at stealth being able to up on trained marines and pilots, so he might not even be able to find it before it sneak attacks him as a Chestburster or hides until it becomes an adult Xeno.
Correct me on this if I'm mistaken, but this isn't a massive place, it's a burger join that probably has an open front space filled with tables and chairs. If the chestburster tries to hind under the tables, why can't John just crouch and see the entire floor?
Probably, but it's likely very dark in restaurant so he's still gonna have a bad time finding it.

So, just gonna point this out, @koopa3144 the xenomorph's page doesn't say the adult is 9-C. it's restricted. the evolution can take up to a week to occur, and thus can be restricted from evolving at themax speed it's shown to.

You forgot this example.
Didn't see that on the page, sorry.
So, it is capable of going for a frontal assault rather than running away, I concede that.
Xenos are very skilled at stealth being able to up on trained marines and pilots, so he might not even be able to find it before it sneak attacks him as a Chestburster
And John is used to dealing with sudden attacks and unexpected encounters. Many of the enemies he has encountered try to rush him from the dark or jump out of a hiding spot, and John has repeatedly shown that he is able to react quickly and ward off whatever is attacking. Now, I'm not saying he is as skilled as a soldier, he is just a priest, but he has shown that he can function with heavy injuries, such as crawling while his intestines were his outestines or getting possessed and vomiting blood, so a sneak attack might not be lethal and that would give him an opportunity to counterattack the chestburster.
Probably, but it's likely very dark in restaurant so he's still gonna have a bad time finding it.
Most of the places John fights in are dark or poorly lit, and he has his camera to light up the place if it is pitch black. He was able to fight an invisible person by looking around the environment for clues as to where she was, despite the low light conditions from the fact that it was night and in an attic with no lights.

That can be solved with a story troll face

"I got a call from this burger place that someone was possessed!"
"Ouch, oof, my bones. I think a demon is in my chest, help."
"Do not worry, I will vanquish this demon!"
Chestburster kills person
"Oh noes, the demon has come out and killed person! I must kill it!"

Battle starts, no way this is taking hours for the battle to finish

And John is used to dealing with sudden attacks and unexpected encounters. Many of the enemies he has encountered try to rush him from the dark or jump out of a hiding spot, and John has repeatedly shown that he is able to react quickly and ward off whatever is attacking. Now, I'm not saying he is as skilled as a soldier, he is just a priest, but he has shown that he can function with heavy injuries, such as crawling while his intestines were his outestines or getting possessed and vomiting blood, so a sneak attack might not be lethal and that would give him an opportunity to counterattack the chestburster.
This only real means of hurting the chestburster is with the gun, He might be able to fight while greatly harmed I don't think he's gonna be able to shoot a gun very well while he's bleeding out from the neck.
Most of the places John fights in are dark or poorly lit, and he has his camera to light up the place if it is pitch black. He was able to fight an invisible person by looking around the environment for clues as to where she was, despite the low light conditions from the fact that it was night and in an attic with no lights.
Welp those are good fighting in the dark feats. I'll conceded my argument about the dark being a hindrance.
Battle starts, no way this is taking hours for the battle to finish
Idk man Chestbursters are very good at hide and seek-

This only real means of hurting the chestburster is with the gun, He might be able to fight while greatly harmed I don't think he's gonna be able to shoot a gun very well while he's bleeding out from the neck.
I do admit that the gun is probably his only option, but loss of blood doesn't really seem to affect John until he is actually dying from it, just going off the pixel art in the game, and if he got hit that means that the chestburster is close, making the shot easier.
Idk man Chestbursters are very good at hide and seek-
The entire first Faith game is one big hide and seek game lol

Wait, how strong is Johns rife? His profile says he only has one bullet and unless he hits the CH in a critical spot it probably won't go down with a single bullet.

Wait, how strong is Johns rife? His profile says he only has one bullet and unless he hits the CH in a critical spot it probably won't go down with a single bullet.
Well, it finished off a possessed person, though the person was already damaged.
It also killed a deer in one shot though I don't know how impressive that is.

I still think that John is skilled enough to shoot it critically either immediately or when it is retreating or getting closer

John FRA

I’m still keeping my vote for the cb. It only needs one good bite to take him out while john only has one chance to hit one shot and after he has no means to defend himself. And even if he hits the shot its not guaranteed that hit kills the CB,

John has faced beings able to teleport and he reacted to stuff faster than his normal travel speed. What's stopping him from just dodging the CB until he gets a good aim when it's close and kills it

As Board said, John does have quick reactions and should be able to shoot the CB relatively easily.
To add to what I said before, the rifle makes a pretty bloody mess of whatever it hits. It can be hard to tell from the pixel art but when it shot the deer the body was pretty messed up. With how small the CB is I think that a center mass shot should be able to put it down.

Actually, I'll swap my vote to john. His augments are more solid than mine, especially now that the Cb no longer has its AD.

Back