• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai Star Rail High 1-C Question

Apeironaxim

He/Him
Multiple HSR profiles have High 1-C AP drawing from a seemingly High 1-C power source. However, I have a few questions/concerns as someone unfamiliar with the verse.

For one, why is High 1-C in their AP? From what I know of power source scaling on the site, drawing an unknown amount of power from a power source does not scale you to the full potency of that source. Again, I am unfamiliar with the setting, so an explanation would be nice.

Another is what exactly the High 1-C applies to. Yes, I know it says "via Path of X", however as someone unfamiliar with the setting this does not tell me anything. Why doesn't it tell me anything? Because there is nothing else specifically named "Path of X" in the Notable Attacks and Techniques these profiles.
Higher tiered abilities/techniques aren't uncommon, however usually a profile still has to list what that ability is. Is this Path supposed to be connected to the moves/Skills they show? Are all the damaging Skills Jing Yuan has able to deal High 1-C damage/AP via this drawing power for his Path of The Hunt? I do not know because the profile has failed to communicate what moves/techniques/Skills have their AP boosted to High 1-C.
And if they are boosted, then this contradicts the Note on them not scaling physically, or at minimum results in missing info on the profiles, as Jing Yuan appears to have multiple Skills that involve physically striking the enemy, and thus he would need to have High 1-C Striking Strength for those relevant Skills. If nothing's AP is actually boosted to High 1-C via this, and it's only for Hax potency, then there's the problem of the fact that's not how Hax potency is indexed here afaik. Hax potency does not get indexed as part of the Tier/AP unless that character has a move that causes that higher D destruction, such as EE.

These problems have left me confused as someone casually viewing the profiles, and unless there is an explanation I am missing within them, to which I will fully admit is possible (I miss the most obvious shit sometimes I swear), I think at the very least they could do with a more thorough and detailed explanation on what exactly in their kit is affected by this seeming High 1-C AP boost within each character's profile.

Last edited:
I and anyone else not familiar with the series and is just casually viewing the profiles should not be required to read an entire multi-page CRT to figure out the details regarding the specifics of character's abilities. They should be clearly explained on the profiles of the characters in question or, if failing that, a blog. Linking a CRT does nothing to adequately address the bulk of my concern regarding the ambiguity on the pages here

Last edited:
I and anyone else not familiar with the series and is just casually viewing the profiles should not be required to read an entire multi-page CRT to figure out the details regarding the specifics of character's abilities. They should be clearly explained on the profiles of the characters in question or, if failing that, a blog. Linking a CRT does nothing to adequately address my concerns here
Tl dr ig:
Aeon 11D->They grant Emanators their power directly->Emanators get their AP boosted when they use powers granted by aeons->Since they are inferior to aeons in nature in only scales to hax which means only an AP boost since no defensive hax (whatever op argued for)=no 11D dura
Basically when emanator uses their power directly from their aeons they have 11D ap which is why they have an tier 1 via path of their respective aeon.

The Paths are from the Imaginary Tree, which transcends the Sea of Quanta which is rated as Infinite 11-D. The Imaginary Tree should actually be 1-B due to being uncountably infinite times above the Sea of Quanta but I haven’t got the time to revise that part yet of now. With that in-mind, even drawing a significant small amount of power from the source counts as a High 1-C rating. After all, nothing implies that the Aeons power are uncountably greater than those of Emanators and high tier Pathstriders.

As for the movesets, it genuinely confused me as well since many of us discussed that it should only be applied to hax abilities since we haven’t seen them physically able to wield the energy of their paths, that’ll scale to their durability. I pushed it to scale to their physicals but it’s been debated upon.

So anyways, as of now, the Paths are deemed as a power source that applies to Hax abilities in default, unless the character is shown to be able to derive Paths physically to boost their raw power. It works identical to Gilgamesh’s Gae Bolg iirc, like he can draw power from that weapon that applies for his hax but it doesn’t scale to his durability. I should clarify this on the notable attacks/techniques section soon later today; I do agree the notable techniques section needs to be revised for more clarity.

Hax abilites are 11-D so listing it at the AP section is valid, not to mention all the abilities are offensive. Also, EE or destruction via hax doesn’t have to be higher dimensional to be listed on the AP.

Last edited:
Emanators get their AP boosted when they use powers granted by aeons
Except again, the profile does not explain by itself what falls under this umbrella, as none of the Skills in the NA/T section reference the Path of X in their descriptors, so as a casual viewer I have no idea what counts as the "Path of X", and so the profile saying "High 1-C via Path of X" does literally nothing to explain what is going on with this boost

Except again, the profile does not explain by itself what falls under this umbrella, as none of the Skills in the NA/T section reference the Path of X in their descriptors, so as a casual viewer I have no idea what counts as the "Path of X", and so the profile saying "High 1-C via Path of X" does literally nothing to explain what is going on with this boost
Ah well that can be updated ig

So anyways, as of now, the Paths are deemed as a power source that applies to Hax abilities and all. It works identical to Gilgamesh’s Gae Bolg iirc, like he can draw power from that weapon that applies for his hax but it doesn’t scale to his durability. I should clarify this on the notable attacks/techniques section soon later today; I do agree the notable techniques section needs to be revised for more clarity.

Hax abilites are 11-D so listing it at the AP section is valid, not to mention all the abilities are offensive.
1) Do you mean Ea/Enuma Elish? Gae Bolg is Cu's thing. And again, Gil's profile explains how he's Tier 1 with Enuma Elish, and lo and behold, Enuma Elish is a thing in his NA/T by this exact name so that I can look at it and know exactly what thing in his kit has this Tier 1 AP, which very much isn't the case for how these profiles are presenting themselves. Not to mention like with someone like Jing, if his Skills really are affected by this he would have "High 1-C via Lightning-Lord" on his Striking Strength and Durability, as that appears to be a summon that physically fights others. But of course this also applies to a few others, as Black Swan appears to have an energy projectile for a Skill that has a specific name, and so at minimum the profile's AP section should mention the Skills by name that can become High 1-C AP through this boost, or at least put the relevant skills in a "Path of X" section to denote they fall under the Tier/AP section's naming convention of "High 1-C via Path of X".

2) I can't comment much because I do not know if the standards changed, but I still maintain that from my knowledge, Hax is only listed on the AP if that character specifically has a hax ability that destroys a structure of that tier. It does not get listed just because you have tier 1 mind hax or what have you. But again, this is less of a focus for me as my main concern is the current lack of information on the character's abilities and how they interact with their boosts and whatnot on the profiles as I explained above in this post and my previous posts.

Last edited:
1) Do you mean Ea/Enuma Elish? Gae Bolg is Cu's thing. And again, Gil's profile explains how he's Tier 1 with Enuma Elish, and lo and behold, Enuma Elish is a thing in his NA/T by this exact name so that I can look at it and know exactly what thing in his kit has this Tier 1 AP, which very much isn't the case for how these profiles are presenting themselves. Not to mention like with someone like Jing, if his Skills really are affected by this he would have "High 1-C via Lightning-Lord" on his Striking Strength and Durability, as that appears to be a summon that physically fights others. But of course this also applies to a few others, as Black Swan appears to have an energy projectile for a Skill that has a specific name, and so at minimum the profile's AP section should mention the Skills by name that can become High 1-C AP through this boost, or at least put the relevant skills in a "Path of X" section to denote they fall under the Tier/AP section's naming convention of "High 1-C via Path of X".
Yeah. NA/T section needs to be changed. I’ll do it eventually.
2) I can't comment much because I do not know if the standards changed, but I still maintain that from my knowledge, Hax is only listed on the AP is that character specifically has a hax ability that destroys a structure of that tier. It does not get listed just because you have tier 1 mind hax or what have you.
It applies to smurf hax in general; it doesn’t need to be directly shown to affect the structure.

Back