• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homelander downgrade

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
tldr tier 7 physicals for homelander is wack

Attack Potency
He's currently scaled to High 7-C off of being stronger than Stormfront. However, there are issues with this.

• This sca doesn't say Stormfront can make tsunamis and hurricanes at all. That says that if locals won't sell even despite those natural disasters, Stormfront gets sent in to probably just kill them. Not a tier 7 feat.
  • Even if it was, there wouldn't be any evidence to scale it to his physicals.
  • He gets stomped to death by The Boys+Love sausage, and was hurt by Female in a 1v1.
  • It would be a massive outlier given that no other tier 7 feats are a thing.
Durability
High 7-C dura is also bad

• Nowhere does this say that only a nuke can kill him. They just didn't want to take any chances. They had no idea what they were getting in to growing supers from scratch, so got the biggest thing they could.
  • This specifically says he can't tank a nuke, so why is it being used to support tier 7 durability?
  • Ditto for this. It doesn't say "only a nuke will kill him", the Vought-American guy answers that "of course" a nuke would kill him. There's little doubt in his mind that this would work. This isn't a durability feat.
The best feat I can remember is large laser blasts and Black Noir tanking a ton of military weapons that 1 shotted other capes even while near dead, but that isn't tier 7. So yeah, that should get calced.

Wokistan said:
I take great offense to you associating Worm to The Boys like this

unless they both use the term Cape by which case

The Boys still sucks

If the laser explosion isn't impressive, I think the next best thing is 9-A. Black Noir while half dead tanks sustained fire from tank cannons and heavy machine gun fire. That would scale to Homelander (weaker, but still mutilated him), but I'm not sure about anyone else. Maybe Stormfront and Female, but it's a stretch especially with the latter. Others go to 9-B and there's no short supply of that. Can even backscale from Billy killing an already near dead Black Noir, along with his own feats.

Speaking of that, Homelander and Black Noir should get immortality type 2, since Black Noir was still alive despite looking like this:

Edit: Image removed due to likely violating Fandom's terms of service.

the laser blast looks 9-A anyhow

but I don't think there's a good way to measure it besides maybe something with the bent over silhouette in front of it

I am not sure how that was interpreted from the scan. It says the supe is sent in to clear land with disasters in areas where they don't usually hit. More consistent with Stormfront's powers too. Physical and weather power are all from the the same source (comp. V). Female (the strongest of the boys) only really damaged him by tearing his sensitive eye out, exposing his weakness of fearing blindness and allowing the boys to collectively beat his ass. Storm stomped her immediately afterwards and outright tanked attacks from Billy.

The last scan says that a nuke would be "an ultimate sanction", therefore the necessity.

"There is evidence of supe involvement in... clearances. Anywhere that Vought's development division sees land the locals will not sell, where neither hurricane or tidal wave are likely to oblige them."

This says nothing about Stormfront making those natural disasters, it's just alluding to that he's probably done some bad things in places like these. In fact, it would be rather strange for them to send him in to start spawning storms when those specific things already didn't result in the populace leaving. Them being from the same source doesn't inherently scale them given the pretty clear lack of tier 7 physicals shown by how he was stomped to death by the 9-B Boys+Love Sausage, despite being pretty clearly superior individually.

"We weren't going to unleash power like his without his without maintaining an ultimate sanction" just means they wanted some sort of insurance, not necessarily that nothing lower works. They knew a nuke would definitely work, they know and it's proven through feats that tank cannons and stuff do not, and there's not really much point in trying to go for some specific tier 8 bomb to push the limits just enough when you know he isn't gonna tank a nuke and you already got nukes made. GIven that he specifically won't live through it, how would that even be a durability feat?

Not when they don't have all that many feats and end up killed by weaker characters, though in injured states.

The first post seems to make sense to me, but I deleted the disgusting Garth Ennis image involving graphic mutilation to avoid risking that Wokistan is banned by the Fandom staff.

I will (try to) reply soon, but the villains wiki has more violent pages from the Boys and they did not seem to get in trouble.

It depends entirely on which staff member that comes across the images. It seems unwise to take a gamble.

I mean, we have GIFs from DOOM where demons are splattered and crushed and torn apart and all with videos of the cyberdemon fight linked, but eh

Okay. I just prefer not to take any chances for the sake of our staff.

Technically Homelander destroys a few planes that give him High 8-C.

Also bump, I'm not letting this downgrade go

So hurricanes and tidal waves weren't a strong enough threat to force them to leave...yet stormfront is. which means he would scale to them either way.

Grand unifying power sources scale to all stats, this is what is done for basically every verse on the wiki.

Homelander can kill Billy by looking at him, simulations show the boys would die in a direct all out with the Seven while Homelander would survive. Homelander and Stormfront explicitly have a higher grade of V than the boys. The only scaling the boys would have with them is very inconsequential.

Because Vought would know Homelander's characteristics very well, and if a tier 8 bomb, that would require less cost, resources and collateral damage would be equally capable of killing him as a nuke, then they logically would not need a nuke as ultimate insurance to kill him.

Last edited:
Well, it seems like I agreed with Wokistan's suggestions earlier.

@Cropfist That is a silly logic. Scaling an entire tier off of that assessment is highly irregular, especially considering it could be attributed to CIS just by reading the words.

Also, It could very well be the case that Vought may be paranoid in insisting a Nuke may have sufficed more than other weapons, as fiction has shown multiple times that creators may not exactly know everything about their creations, and technically nuking someone is an absolutely guaranteed way of gettin rid of them considering the explosive radius and basically evaporation it causes that'll bypass their capabilities to live otherwise

I agree with this

I would argue an argument could be made for Tier 8 Homelander for being superior to a Supe capable of melting tanks (your mileage may vary tho)

Back