• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hokuto no Ken lifting strength

I forgot to mention that the scene where an entire building falls over Kenshiro should also amount to something. I mean he was nearly dead and in a weakened state yet he walked through it falling over his head. Again this is comparable to all the other characters.

A skyscraper falling on someone is nowhere near their Large Island level+ rating

Class K seems fine, the calc was accepted, I dunno why he's Class 100 right now

I put the skyscraper part to be used as a lifting feat too since it fell on him and he didn't even bend his neck. Safe to say he's supporting all the weight on his neck. I'd say K would be a lowball, but still better than the class 100 he has now.

Taking a hit is Dura, it's not lifting unless he's actually lifting it

And of course he kinda walked through it, which is impressive but not Class K

The whole building was falling on him slowly, he was supporting its weight with ony his head. It wasn't only a durability feat, it was lifting in a way. When it fell on him it broke under its own weight after balancing on his head for a while. Rewatch the scene and you'll see. My point is, scyscrapers weigh on average at 222,500 tons. Now it's pretty clear he didn't lift it all, as it was part of it that fell on him and it wasn't even fully vertical, it was leaning on his head before it got split. That's bound to amount to something. Here, just watch it again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDy8XVdRSk

Skip to 0:27 and see it for yourself. It's clearly resting on his head for a while before splitting under its own weight.

For one that's an anime only scene

For two

Okay yeah I guess it would be kinda fine if it wasn't N O N C A N O N

Now why would the movie change the characters' strength? Sure the events took place differently from the manga but it's still the same characters. It's unfair to say it's noncanon since their strengths are the same. If anything the manga and anime were inconsistent with strength just for plot but the movie did a good job demonstrating the real power of the characters.

The movie sure didn't have anyone getting hit with a nuke that could be seen from orbit so dunno what that's about

Problem is that a: this is quite a bit higher then their Class K calc, b:.... That's not how Canon works

Canon isn't defined by consistency. The movie takes a different path then the manga, we can't just apply the feats that never happened in said manga because it makes them look strong.

... I kinda dunno how to respond to that, kinda figured that was self evident

Yes but that K calculation was done so casually and effortlessly. The characters' strengths weren't changed in the movie. Like I said only the events took place differently and nothing more. The characters' strength is never demonstrated properly in the manga since most the time they're fighting cannon fodder. Rare scenes like Kenshiro casually handing those guys a huge ass boulder show us just a sample of his real strength. Your logic could be applied to dragon ball by saying that vegeta was never shown destroying a universe so why is he universe level? My point is hokuto and nanto guys need an upgrade in lifting strength, and some characters need one in striking and durability as well.

You see, false equivalence

DBS has Canon Universe level feats (as much as I'd like to think it's non Canon) and Hokuto doesn't have any Canon Class M feats.

The proper Dragon Ball comparison is how Goku in Z isn't 3-C because the feat he did in Fusion Reborn isn't Canon

And to quote our official Cano page...

Non-canon material doesn't count - it never happened.

Consistency doesn't make something spontaneously exist. The movie not only starts as a secondary Canon, being an adaption, but proceeds to contradict the source material.

Back