• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hobin Yoo self-explanatory abilities downgrade. (Viral Hit) (PTJ verse)

Some of the abilities seemed a bit wanky so here are the ones I proposed to be removed/downgraded.

Forgot to add the tag for the character oops.

I don't think this is enough to be listed as Damage Reduction as he's just moving his head infront of the attack to lessen the impact which is more of a skill feat rather than literal damage reduction ability. At best I suggest this just be changed to limited as it's very specific on what it works against instead of having all around practicality.
Status Effect Inducement (Has various attacks from blinding, damaging the joints, tearing up muscle, and disorienting someone by clapping their ear drums[8][6])
Seems self explanatory. There is no status effect inducement but literally just disabling the opponent with normal physical combat. We don't give sleep manipulation for knocking someone out. This reads out as a skill feat.
Same as status effect inducement. This isn't pain manipulation, it's just hitting someone really hard in a vulnerable area.
This is not fear manipulation as it requires to be inflicted via supernatural means. I suggest moving this to social influencing.
This is not supernatural willpower because it's not going so far above what humans can take nor really resistance to pain manipulation but should be moved to stamina instead.

Last edited:
Some of the abilities seemed a bit wanky so here are the ones I proposed to be removed/downgraded.

Forgot to add the tag for the character oops.

I don't think this is enough to be listed as Damage Reduction as he's just moving his head infront of the attack to lessen the impact which is more of a skill feat rather than literal damage reduction ability. At best I suggest this just be changed to limited as it's very specific on what it works against instead of having all around practicality.

Seems self explanatory. There is no status effect inducement but literally just disabling the opponent with normal physical combat. We don't give sleep manipulation for knocking someone out. This reads out as a skill feat.

Same as status effect inducement. This isn't pain manipulation, it's just hitting someone really hard in a vulnerable area.

This is not fear manipulation as it requires to be inflicted via supernatural means. I suggest moving this to social influencing.

This is not supernatural willpower because it's not going so far above what humans can take nor really resistance to pain manipulation but should be moved to stamina instead.

Limited Damage Reduction should work since he still frequently uses it among other variants of weakening blows.

Everything else makes sense. Tbh you can apply this to all of PTJ-verse

I think basically every profile Cloudyagami had ever made listed High Pain Tolerance and linked Pain Manipulation for some reason- it's a problem for the PTJ Verse as well as a bunch of other profiles...

Also agree.
Yeah that was kinda a feedback loop of me seeing a profile and going "Oh. That must be how things are done here. That's what I'll do" and not realizing that was Cloudy's own thing.

I'll have to reorganize everything but hey at least I'm back

Back