• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora No Otoshimono thread

Upon re-reading the Manga the author has stated in the manga that the anime is canon in one of the chapters

Now the Anime series and movies follow the manga but change a few things around which would make it anime canon. The author as shown in the scan above recognizes or approves the anime series as canon material.

For example in the manga, Ikaros can bring out her anti warship laser canon but in the anime, she summons the entire ship for the blast which could put her Uranus Form higher

or Hiyori in the manga has the ability to change the weather with Demeter vs in the anime movie She controls time/space itself with Demeter

I do think they should be upgraded or have some sort of key. They scale above Hiyori has who affecting the entire space/time continuum to the point it was about to be destroyed.
The entire fight the angeloids were holding back to not kill her and their shields were tanking her attacks. They also scale above Hiyori in speed because... She took the blast into the hyperverse and started to explore different universes.

Last edited:
also, the 1st panel seems more like a promotional statement for the movie. Im not sure if we should use it as primary evidence.
Yes. The extras are canon in SnO. It's not like Bleach where it's a fake imaginary chapter like Hellverse which doesn't even follow any story in the manga. Going by that the last chapter of SnO is an extra and the final closure of the manga would be fake. Also, the anime and the movies actually follow the manga but change a few things around.

Suu acknowledges in this chapter that he basically approves of the adaptation from the anime.

Yes. The extras are canon in SnO. It's not like Bleach where it's a fake imaginary chapter like Hellverse which doesn't even follow any story in the manga. Going by that the last chapter of SnO is an extra and the final closure of the manga would be fake. Also, the anime and the movies actually follow the manga but change a few things around.

Suu acknowledges in this chapter that he basically approves of the adaptation from the anime.
Alright, I'll take your word for it.

Are there any prior argument about the anime being non-canon

That doesn't say the anime is canon either.
Following the manga doesn't make the anime canon. And that page once again doesn't say anything about the anime being canon.

Following the manga doesn't make the anime canon. And that page once again doesn't say anything about the anime being canon.
agreed, we need more information than just referencing or following the manga, maybe an author interview something like that.

He is acknowledging the adaption of the anime series and its movies in a canon chapter in the manga. This means Suu, who is the creator of all of this approves of the anime. He literally made a whole chapter about the movie. That's like Suu using Ikaros to tell everyone to buy SnO doesn't mean the manga is canon. So are you saying his manga is non-canon?

He is acknowledging the adaption of the anime series and its movies in a canon chapter in the manga. This means Suu, who is the creator of all of this approves of the anime. He literally made a whole chapter about it. That's like Suu using Ikaros to tell everyone to buy SnO doesn't mean the manga is canon
It doesn't have to mean that, I mean I'm sure he approves of the anime and likes it but I don't know if he approves of the scaling or stuff like that. That could just be an easter egg for the anime watchers.

However, he does acknowledge the anime in the manga even if it is an easter egg or a joke and hasn't said anything proving that the anime is or isn't canon so it does seem that's its more likely that the anime is canon.

It doesn't have to mean that, I mean I'm sure he approves of the anime and likes it but I don't know if he approves of the scaling or stuff like that. That could just be an easter egg for the anime watchers.

However, he does acknowledge the anime in the manga even if it is an easter egg or a joke and hasn't said anything proving that the anime is or isn't canon so it does seem that's its more likely that the anime is canon.
I don't think it's an Easter egg. The manga chapter name is Sora No Otoshimono: The Angeloid of Clockwork the manga is canonizing the 1st movie The angeloid of Clockwork. At the end of the chapter, he then shows and talks about the movie is the series finale of the anime and Hiyori is the star of the movie, which she is.

For starters, that movie being the series finale is in clear reference to the anime, since the manga has its own finale. Saying "the chapter is promoting the movie" as a way of canonicity is an odd statement to make, since just because it is promoting it doesn't mean it takes it as canon. Suu saying the manga is on sale means just that, that's a promotion tactic. And no, the manga is the source material, it is the canon.

For starters, that movie being the series finale is in clear reference to the anime, since the manga has its own finale. Saying "the chapter is promoting the movie" as a way of canonicity is an odd statement to make, since just because it is promoting it doesn't mean it takes it as canon. Suu saying the manga is on sale means just that, that's a promotion tactic. And no, the manga is the source material, it is the canon.
1. You're wrong. Finale doesn't mean it's the end of a series. The first movie came out in 2011 which finished covering events in the manga about the Hiyori arc. There is literally another movie 2014 "My Eternal Master" about the ending of the manga. That we have to correct.
2. It's a whole canon chapter about the movie which means Suu acknowledges the adaptation. So if he mentions it and even makes a manga a whole chapter about it why wouldn't it be canon?
3. And if the creator makes a chapter in the manga about anything that would make it canon material now.

Suu literally uses characters from his other series outside of SnO in just about every chapter. What you're basically saying the entire SnO manga is not canon now?

This is my opinion, for now, there doesn't seem to be anything for or against the anime being cannon. Suu doesn't directly say it but he does reference it even if it was a joke (maybe we could assume something like parallel universes or timelines) He doesn't completely disregard it. so there is more evidence of it being cannon and not cannon I do think it was a joke, a promotion, or an easter egg.

I'll just go with what the site rules or others decide in the end. do you need more concrete evidence or is this enough considering there aren't any author statements that Suu has made that disregard the anime.

This is my opinion, for now, there doesn't seem to be anything for or against the anime being cannon. Suu doesn't directly say it but he does reference it even if it was a joke (maybe we could assume something like parallel universes or timelines) He doesn't completely disregard it. so there is more evidence of it being cannon and not cannon I do think it was a joke, a promotion, or an easter egg.

I'll just go with what the site rules or others decide in the end. do you need more concrete evidence or is this enough considering there aren't any author statements that Suu has made that disregard the anime.
Yes, the only other thing I could think of is when he released this pic in the last chapter of the manga. This would be the movie 2014 My Eternal Master covering the final events of the manga and replacing season 3. The movie also includes info from the first movie too.

Yes, the manga has parallel worlds or timelines. He always uses different characters and even objects/weapons from his other works such as Judas, Seven Ocean, Watashi no Messiah-Sama, and many more. Basically, just about all his work exist in SnO except the two mangas after the series ended. The last movie which he also approves of says SnO series is a hyperverse.

Last edited:
You can upload the images to Imgur, but it seems like Ionliosite (who usually has a good sense of judgement) does not accept this.

Don't know what happened to my link lol

I'll upload a video from Syy, who is close friends with Suu himself. In Syy videos, he goes over all of Suu's works and details. He explains that Suu made a canon cross-over chapter about the movie. The chapter includes just about every character from all mangas he ever made. It was used for the storyline and give notice about the SnO movie along with new volumes for the other mangas.

Now the SnO anime/movie is anime canon, which means it follows the manga but switches a few things. Suu made a whole chapter about the anime in his canon manga, which means he approves of changes in the movie, which follow the manga. Keep in mind Suu doesn't have any part of the anime series at all like Kishi to Boruto. Him referring to the movie in the canon manga means his approval. Suu did work on the light novels which follow the manga and anime. Now before someone says something like Bleach... Bleach Hellverse is an imaginary chapter aka a fake one strictly used for promotion. SnO is a canon chapter used for a cross-over of all of his works (even though he's been using characters from his other works and canonizing them into SnO since like chapter 1 for example Zero from Judas) and referred to details of SnO anime and movie.

Last edited:
So it's a canon promotional crossover?
Yep, he has canonized all his work into SnO except the last two mangas after SnO ended which would be Plunderer and another one.
Example: Zero is from Judas and literally has a recurring role in Sora No Otoshimono.
King Mino's weapons is a lightning staff called Poseidon, which Suu took from his other work Seven Ocean, which also takes places in another world.

In the same canon chapter, he approved the anime as of course the title is named after the movie.

Last edited:
Yep, he has canonized all his work into SnO except the last two mangas after SnO ended which would be Plunderer and another one.
Example: Zero is from Judas and literally has a recurring role in Sora No Otoshimono. King Mino's weapons is a lightning staff called Posidean, which Suu took from his other work Seven Ocean
Well to me that seems enough to be canon, but I'll wait for what Ionliosite,Qawsedf234 andAntvasima have to say.

Well, if he produced a manga story based on the movie and stated that it is canon, that can probably be used at least.

Well, if he produced a manga story based on the movie and stated that it is canon, that can probably be used at least.
That's not what's being argued here. He's asking for the the movie that serves as the final of the anime to be considered canon because the manga has a promotion to it on two chapters.

Well, that is obviously unacceptable. Should I close this thread?

However, before that, can somebody knowledgeable verify that the SnO profile pages have sufficient justifications for their statistics? I think that Freedomstar made some suspicious edits in that regard a few months ago.

That's not what's being argued here. He's asking for the the movie that serves as the final of the anime to be considered canon because the manga has a promotion to it on two chapters.
1. The anime follows the manga. The movie is based on the Hiyori arc in the manga.
2. Suu made a whole chapter about the movie in a storyline as he approved the small changes in the movie. Whatever he makes in the manga that is canon >> whatever claim you may have. He's not even over the anime so he didn't even have to acknowledge anything. So IDK how a canon chapter is not usable. As I stated your logic...you're basically saying the manga is not canon since Suu uses characters from his other series as recurring characters. They are literally from different mangas. He canonized these characters in SnO. So because the author wrote them in the SnO manga, they are now canon to the storyline. Let's use that logic.

Last edited:
However, before that, can somebody knowledgeable verify that the SnO profile pages have sufficient justifications for their statistics? I think that Freedomstar made some suspicious edits in that regard a few months ago.
Excuse me? Everything on their pages is approved in a thread and even by you. The only thing I did lately was changed their base speed and take "at least" off. You changed them back and gave me a warning for not seeking approval first for that. I mean it’s nothing at all to look at the history and the message you left on my wall when you changed it back. So IDK why you're trying to throw shade at me in this thread... like you didn't change it back????

Last edited:
Can't see a single one of the scans he linked...

But I think I remember that specific thing that happened in that manga, in which the characters acknowledged the anime, but that was mostly a gag and a way to promote the anime rather than something that should be taken seriously.

And while I don't know the full scale, combining scaling from two different canons into one can easily make a confusing mess.

Can't see a single one of the scans he linked...

But I think I remember that specific thing that happened in that manga, in which the characters acknowledged the anime, but that was mostly a gag and a way to promote the anime rather than something that should be taken seriously.

And while I don't know the full scale, combining scaling from two different canons into one can easily make a confusing mess.
I mean it's a gag manga. Just about all his mangas are gag but how does that stop the author statements? It was his statements on the panel acknowledging the anime in a whole manga chapter from the title of the chapter to the statements... They didn’t come from the characters at all.

Also when you’re an author over the entire franchise you can do that. He literally combined several different canons from his other mangas into Sora No Otoshimono. These mangas literally exist in separate universes (EX: Judas manga takes place on Earth but Sora No Otoshimono characters had to use dimensional travel from their Earth to Judas manga Earth. In the Crossover with my Messiah Suu canonized that my messiah and SnO were parallel universes since they both take place on Earth) and have their own storylines. Yet he made canon crossovers and even some of the characters (who aren’t even from the same universe) have recurring roles in Sora No Otoshimono.
I didn’t see any rules on this site against authors doing something like in CANON or CANON chapters not being usable like the manga itself isn’t canon.

Last edited:
Excuse me? Everything on their pages is approved in a thread and even by you. The only thing I did lately was changed their base speed and take "at least" off. You changed them back and gave me a warning for not seeking approval first for that. I mean it’s nothing at all to look at the history and the message you left on my wall when you changed it back. So IDK why you're trying to throw shade at me in this thread... like you didn't change it back????
From what I recall, you suddenly gradually started to upgrade the characters in ways that had been previously rejected in the previous CRT a few months earlier and were not supported by the available calculations, but it is possible that I misunderstood.

Anyway, since the main topic of this thread has been rejected, I would appreciate if Newendigo or/and Cal help out with what I asked earlier. Thanks in advance for any help.

Anyway, since the main topic of this thread has been rejected, I would appreciate if Newendigo or/and Cal help out with what I asked earlier. Thanks in advance for any help.
Umm everything in their profiles was approved in the latest thread that was on a halt from the site moving and finally was finished afterward. I literally messaged on your wall to get approval of stuff too. I mean can screenshot that if needed. I also could have sworn the stuff I got your approval on from your message wall, you were fixing information on the profiles. In fact, we have a whole thread on your wall revising the profiles. So idk why stuff is "suspicious". When I literally got approval in a thread, from your message wall and then you went back after me to change stuff around. If you're going to tell it here, it needs to be told correctly.

Also going by Ionliosite's logic the entire SnO manga wouldn't be canon since the Author canonized his other mangas from different storylines and even universes into SnO. Suu making a whole chapter about the movie and having statements in manga is canon. The author so I'm pretty sure he can do things like that in the manga. I mean it's his franchises.

Newendigo stated that the characters referred to the anime. That is false. The anime movie title, series, and even the cast remembers were all author's statements on panels. It literally didn't come from not one character mouth.

Well, maybe I simply misremember the context, but I do recall you suddenly starting to make suspicious edits quite a long time after our discussion.

Yes, that’s when I edited their base speed and took away the “at least”. You changed the profiles back and gave me warning on my wall. Telling me not to change anything without approval or a revision thread. It could result in a ban.

Back